Cardiff City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 5th October

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

Before Everton there was no reason to think we were going backwards, or the players were beyond help etc. There probably still isn't. I'm really scared about what Pardew might do, but I don't think a certain defeat is on the cards.

You seem to keep forgetting about the Hull game Ian.  That was a home defeat against a s*** promoted club. For me that was a lot more worrying. To let 3 goals in at home against s*** opposition is diabolical.  Everton was just a follow on from that.

Before Everton there was no reason to think we were going backwards, or the players were beyond help etc. There probably still isn't. I'm really scared about what Pardew might do, but I don't think a certain defeat is on the cards.

Really? after an entire season playing shit and almost relegated, you honestly thought the Hull game was just a blip?

You seem to keep forgetting about the Hull game Ian.  That was a home defeat against a s*** promoted club. For me that was a lot more worrying. To let 3 goals in at home against s*** opposition is diabolical.  Everton was just a follow on from that.

Aye, it was fairly poor but we started very well and declined rapidly after giving away soft goals. Also beaten by a sweet strike. The result was arguably worse than Everton but the manner of the defeat wasn't as bad IMO.

Anyway, not saying we're going to run out and hammer Cardiff but I just don't feel like we're guaranteed to lose every game either.

Really? after an entire season playing shit and almost relegated, you honestly thought the Hull game was just a blip?

Well Villa was much better and the first bit of the Hull game was good too. I definitely had the feeling we were getting better, until Everton.

This feels like one of those fixtures which will epitomise another limp-a-long season, so we won't win or lose because they would be defining results. I'm going for a draw which will allow Ashley to keep dithering and Pardew to keep bluffing on the road to nowhere.

Really? after an entire season playing s*** and almost relegated, you honestly thought the Hull game was just a blip?

Well Villa was much better and the first bit of the Hull game was good too. I definitely had the feeling we were getting better, until Everton.

That was one game mate, I was pleasantly surprised too in how we played vs villa.  Shows how low our expectations have become, shocked at playing well vs the villa.  Well I certainly was. 

This feels like one of those fixtures which will epitomise another limp-a-long season, so we won't win or lose because they would be defining results. I'm going for a draw which will allow Ashley to keep dithering and Pardew to keep bluffing on the road to nowhere.

A lost vs Cardiff won't stop ashley from dithering.

Guest neesy111

You've forgotten the hull game.

Really? after an entire season playing s*** and almost relegated, you honestly thought the Hull game was just a blip?

That was one game mate, I was pleasantly surprised too in how we played vs villa.  Shows how low our expectations have become, shocked at playing well vs the villa.  Well I certainly was. 

I know how many games it was, but it looked (and many people agreed) like a sign we were improving. I'm not saying it suddenly means Pardew is brilliant overall... just that the crisis has only happened after Everton. Which, lest we forget, is also only one game.

The Hull result was worrying but I would argue the performance wasn't anywhere near as bad.

A lost vs Cardiff won't stop ashley from dithering.

It will make it harder for him to keep dithering.

Aye, it was fairly poor but we started very well and declined rapidly after giving away soft goals. Also beaten by a sweet strike. The result was arguably worse than Everton but the manner of the defeat wasn't as bad IMO.

Anyway, not saying we're going to run out and hammer Cardiff but I just don't feel like we're guaranteed to lose every game either.

You've forgotten the hull game.

He hasn't  :)

I know how many games it was, but it looked (and many people agreed) like a sign we were improving. I'm not saying it suddenly means Pardew is brilliant overall... just that the crisis has only happened after Everton. Which, lest we forget, is also only one game.

The Hull result was worrying but I would argue the performance wasn't anywhere near as bad.

Not picking a fight here but one game?  Diabolical vs city, toothless vs Fulham until last 25 mins. Poor vs morecambe. Dropped our pants vs hull.  Didn't bother to watch the Leeds game.

Not sign of improvement for me.  There was a teeny bit of hope after the villa game but that was the heart more than my head.

Not picking a fight here but one game?  Diabolical vs city, toothless vs Fulham until last 25 mins. Poor vs morecambe. Dropped our pants vs hull.  Didn't bother to watch the Leeds game.

Not sign of improvement for me.  There was a teeny bit of hope after the villa game but that was the heart more than my head.

Fair enough, difference of opinion.

So the last 25 minutes against Fulham backed up by a 90 minute display agsint Villa only resulted in a 'teeny bit of hope', you not even think we still have the potential even after the last two results with that side?

So the last 25 minutes against Fulham backed up by a 90 minute display agsint Villa only resulted in a 'teeny bit of hope', you not even think we still have the potential even after the last two results with that side?

Not for me mate,  115mins of football is hardly concrete proof of hope.

Not for me mate,  115mins of football is hardly concrete proof of hope.

Not concrete but it should be worth focusing on and improving that side in that formation, sadly it doesn't look like that's going to be the case now anyways, nevermind.

:thup:

Can see tomorrow being a generally poor game full stop regardless of who starts for us mind.