Newcastle United 2 - 2 Liverpool - 19/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Beren

The foul throw boiled my piss today, because even though it was a foul throw, 90% of ones taken are. Including the Liverpool one which followed immediately, where their player had both feet on the pitch.

Be consistent, either give them all of don't give any.

Spot on. Bad throw ins are a special hate of mine.

I was fuming about this. I have no complaints about having one awarded against us, but to not give us the throw in right back when their guy (Cissokho?) had both feet on the pitch? Fuck me they were literally seconds apart, how can you not be consistent?

And another thing, when Tiote won the ball fairly in their area and they were given a free kick. I wagged my finger i can tell you that.

Guest bimpy474

The foul throw boiled my piss today, because even though it was a foul throw, 90% of ones taken are. Including the Liverpool one which followed immediately, where their player had both feet on the pitch.

Be consistent, either give them all of don't give any.

Spot on. Bad throw ins are a special hate of mine.

I was fuming about this. I have no complaints about having one awarded against us, but to not give us the throw in right back when their guy (Cissokho?) had both feet on the pitch? Fuck me they were literally seconds apart, how can you not be consistent?

And another thing, when Tiote won the ball fairly in their area and they were given a free kick. I wagged my finger i can tell you that.

I was thinking exactly that, Cissokho had both feet on the pitch for at least ten seconds as he took his time to take it. Plenty of time for the ref or assistant to notice. It was a joke tbh.

And the Tiote one was definitely not a free kick, he got his leg around and got the ball, Sturridge took the risk in trying to run it out.

Guest bimpy474

I saw them take a throw in 7-10 yards further up the pitch then where the ball went out of play.

We did the same a couple of times as well tbf.

Suarez is a horrible little prick and is a genuine nasty piece of work ...................but he's a cracking player, some of his touches today were outstanding, and I quite enjoyed the sentiment behind the applauding of Gerrard.

Just seen this post from one of the Liverpool fans in the Premiership thread on Skyscrapercity.

Disappointing result for Liverpool with two points dropped Today,Dominated the game even when the opposition had 11 players we had wave after wave of attack we were by far the superior team,could of easily hit six or seven but i guess its one of those strange premier league days.
  :lol:

Link: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=108093493&postcount=1221

The clapping of Gerrard today was f***ing embarassing. Not saying don't appreciate a good player but f*** me.

I agree when he was applauded off in the 1-5 because he was world class.

Today - nah - f*** him.

He was clapped off last season in the 6-0 too, as if the players weren't bending over enough.

Sorry if discussed already but only just got back.  What the fuck did the Liverpool fans set off in the second half - it sounded like a bomb had gone off and I wouldn't have fancied being anywhere near it.

In terms of the game a draw was probably fair all things considered.  Definite (but very soft) pen and probably a sending off.  Gerrard should have gone 2nd half, but the ref bottled it.  The linesman running along the east stand from Sir John Hall to halfway line was awful - missing handballs and offsides all over the place.

Thought Tiote had his best game for many many games and Dummett looked class when he came on.

Sorry if discussed already but only just got back.  What the fuck did the Liverpool fans set off in the second half - it sounded like a bomb had gone off and I wouldn't have fancied being anywhere near it.

In terms of the game a draw was probably fair all things considered.  Definite (but very soft) pen and probably a sending off.  Gerrard should have gone 2nd half, but the ref bottled it.  The linesman running along the east stand from Sir John Hall to halfway line was awful - missing handballs and offsides all over the place.

Thought Tiote had his best game for many many games and Dummett looked class when he came on.

Guessing it was an air bomb (firework) or as they has smoke bombs it may have been a flashbang.

When Yanga-Mbiwa got the red card, why were our players pointing to the linesman? Had he flagged for offside?

Someone near me seemed to think he'd put his flag up initially, aye.

A lot around me thought he had and Radio Newcastle seemed to think he had, ref went over talked to him and decided to let the red stand.

Tiote definately played him onside but every one of our players was pointing at the linesman on the near side, they never showed you on tv if his flag went up or not. The ref wasn't interested though. He eventually went over to speak to the linesman about who he fancied for Strictly Come Dancing, but the card went up instantly.

When Yanga-Mbiwa got the red card, why were our players pointing to the linesman? Had he flagged for offside?

Someone near me seemed to think he'd put his flag up initially, aye.

A lot around me thought he had and Radio Newcastle seemed to think he had, ref went over talked to him and decided to let the red stand.

Our players were quite obviously telling the referee that the linesman had put his flag up for offside not a foul, however the referee wasn't having it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It was quite telling how the referee ran over to award the penalty and the red card yet when he knew he had to book their players he had his head down and did slow walks over, he was quite obviously very hesitant to do so.