Newcastle United 2 - 2 Liverpool - 19/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Beren

Thought we looked good in defence and midfield for 40 minutes. Obviously things changed once we had MYM sent off.

Didn't think the HBA experiment paid off. It's a bit of cliche but you hear so many managers say it, play your best players in their best positions.

But, tbf to Pardew, if we did have an option like Gomis then HBA would have not got into the starting 11. Just think Pardew didn't have the options.

Newcastle scored two goals for the fifth successive Premier League game (sixth in all competitions).

Didnt realise that

Papiss Cisse is struggling to score goals because..

Ba is a greedy b******

He's played out of position

We don't create enough chances

Another down, next.

:troll:

Well, to be fair, this season, how many of our goals have come through "chances created"? I can only count Dummett's, Remy's first against Hull and Ben Arfa's at Villa.

Cabaye's two goals, Remy's at Cardiff, Ben Arfa's against Fulham were all individual strikes. The rest mainly rebounds due to deflections (Gouffran's winner, Remy's second against Hull).

Not absolving Cisse whatsoever. But we don't actually create that many goalscoring chances for a central striker, whoever he may be on the night.

Rebounds are exactly the sort of thing he should be pouncing on. At the moment it seems unless he is fed the perfect ball, with no defenders near him and the keeper has fallen over then we aren't creating chances :lol:

Newcastle defend magnificantly for over half the match and put in a great shift against 11 men and easily deserved a point.

Turdface Owen is asked who was his MoM.

'Well I've got to give it to Stevie Gerrard'  Never was a phrase meant so literally

Guest neesy111

Liverpool took more shots against us than any team in any game this season or last home or away (23).  More than twice as many as when they beat us six nil (11).

Most were long shots though.  Remember a number of highly speculative attempts from them.

Liverpool took more shots against us than any team in any game this season or last home or away (23).  More than twice as many as when they beat us six nil (11).

Most were long shots though.  Remember a number of highly speculative attempts from them.

56% from inside the box.

Guest neesy111

56% from inside the box.

Does that include blocked shots?

Guest icemanblue

From .com:

And for the fundamentalists, Dummett became the first Newcastle-born player to score for the club since Alan Shearer's penalty at the mackems in April 2006.

Was Sammy not born in Newcastle?

Guest icemanblue

Aye he was but perhaps they mean in the league? as Sammy hasn't scored in the league yet.

Aye, probably meant the league.

56% from inside the box.

Does that include blocked shots?

2 shots blocked

56% from inside the box.

we were down to 10 men ffs

56% from inside the box.

We've been down to 10 men several times over the last 2 seasons.

I didn't offer any judgement.  Just an interesting factoid.  Whatever reaction you have to it is up to you.

From my own perspective i'm quite pleased we looked as comfortable as we did under such a rearguard action.  Any other time we have surrendered possession to such an extent we have resorted to the old hoofball, but we continued to at least try to play it out of defence until the final whistle.  Very pleasing.

56% from inside the box.

We've been down to 10 men several times over the last 2 seasons.

I didn't offer any judgement.  Just an interesting factoid.  Whatever reaction you have to it is up to you.

From my own perspective i'm quite pleased we looked as comfortable as we did under such a rearguard action.  Any other time we have surrendered possession to such an extent we have resorted to the old hoofball, but we continued to at least try to play it out of defence until the final whistle.  Very pleasing.

I did mention that in the Pardew thread a couple of days ago amongst my usual griping about the manager. That was indeed pleasing and if we can make it stick that will be a genuine sign of progress.

Guest neesy111

The thing that annoyed me at the start of the 2nd half was Remy won just about every header v Glen Johnson but HBA wasn't reading the knockdown.