Reds 6 - 1 Blues (Forum Match) - Post match reaction from page 50

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My full backs get one chance to do it right then I take over and do all throw-ins.

Uh oh you'll be like the blue version of Geremi if you're only giving people one chance to get things right, you'll be taking everything.

My full backs get one chance to do it right then I take over and do all throw-ins.

Uh oh you'll be like the blue version of Geremi if you're only giving people one chance to get things right, you'll be taking everything.

The last time I played for a team properly (about 6 years ago) I used to take more or less every throw on both sides of the pitch, unless somebody wanted to play it quickly. I also took all free kicks from deep, most where a direct shot was possible and was penalty taker. Depending on the keeper I used to do the goal kicks as well.

I wouldn't take the free-kicks that were being swung in or corners due to my usefulness in the air.

The last time I played for a team properly (about 6 years ago) I used to take more or less every throw on both sides of the pitch, unless somebody wanted to play it quickly. I also took all free kicks from deep, most where a direct shot was possible and was penalty taker. Depending on the keeper I used to do the goal kicks as well.

I wouldn't take the free-kicks that were being swung in or corners due to my usefulness in the air.

Was it your ball or something? I can remember you having a long throw.

Re-reading that old thread. Forgot about this.

I'm knackered now like! :lol:

Big thanks to Colin for making me look decent, he was by far and away the best player on the pitch in my opinion

:snod:

What's this throw in crack like?! Can no one take one?

The ref was extremely fussy about throw-ins during the match before last. I swear 99% of them were absolutely fine.

Ah right, that's weird like, hopefully he won't penalise too many this time like

It's a different fella this time (but the same as the most recent one). He knows the crack like, just lets us get on with it. Saying that, he made a couple of bizarre decisions last time - saving my bacon on one particular occasion. There's no way I didn't foul OCK in the box but the ref didn't see it that way. :lol:

;D

Nah, I was just playing really well at the time.

My long throw was always a massive weapon. At one stage I was hitting the back post from between the penalty box and the half way line (Delap style) so it got a lot of use. Shoulder is fucked now mind so it's not as good.

I've always been clinical on penalties, only ever missed one in a competitive match (in a cup final and we were winning 4-1 at the time).

A lot of people can't take or don't want to take deep free-kicks or goal kicks and as I wasn't fussed I always took them, rather that than someone scuffing them to the oppo.

It wasn't like I was demanding them and crying off if anyone said something.

;D

Nah, I was just playing really well at the time.

My long throw was always a massive weapon. At one stage I was hitting the back post from between the penalty box and the half way line (Delap style) so it got a lot of use. Shoulder is fucked now mind so it's not as good.

I've always been clinical on penalties, only ever missed one in a competitive match (in a cup final and we were winning 4-1 at the time).

A lot of people can't take or don't want to take deep free-kicks or goal kicks and as I wasn't fussed I always took them, rather that than someone scuffing them to the oppo.

It wasn't like I was demanding them and crying off if anyone said something.

Deep free kicks :undecided: Do not care for them one bit. Far too worried about scuffing the ball into the ground and being the only man left defending.

Exactly. It's amazing how many people can ping a ball 50 yards in open play, deliver a cross on the run or spank a 20 yarder in to the top corner but when they have to hit a dead ball up the field they panic like little schoolgirls.