Tottenham 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

Spurs were always going to be miles better in the second half. While we should've tried to hold on to the ball more, we were always going to be with our backs against the wall most of the second half.

Guest neesy111

Spurs were always going to be miles better in the second half. While we should've tried to hold on to the ball more, we were always going to be with our backs against the wall most of the second half.

Why is it a certainty though?

I don't remember West Ham being backs to wall when they played them 2nd half......

I don't remember West Ham being backs to wall when they played them 2nd half......

I didn't see that game but Spurs have superior squad and home teams usually wake up after bad first halves.

How many times have we led at half time and come out as if sleeping pills have been applied to the half time drinks? Camping out on the edge of the area, kicking it long and inviting pressure have become a theme under Pardew, just because we got away with it today it doesn't make it acceptable.

Guest bimpy474

How many times have we led at half time and come out as if sleeping pills have been applied to the half time drinks? Camping out on the edge of the area, kicking it long and inviting pressure have become a theme under Pardew, just because we got away with it today it doesn't make it acceptable.

True but the one thing different was we didn't hoof it. A small thing but still nice enough to go with the win.

Guest icemanblue

Really enjoying seeing this level of commitment in our performances recently. They've responded in the best possible manner, since the derby. Went in to today thinking we could get something. Away at Spurs. And we did. Feels a bit strange not to be shocked.

That wasn't near the Chelsea performance, for me. But it was an entirely different kind of game. Obviously have to make these results count in our home games, like.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't believe people are still moaning when we've got back to back wins against Chelsea/Spurs.

I know, I can't believe that that is what is definitely happening.

Really enjoying seeing this level of commitment in our performances recently. They've responded in the best possible manner, since the derby. Went in to today thinking we could get something. Away at Spurs. And we did. Feels a bit strange not to be shocked.

That wasn't near the Chelsea performance, for me. But it was an entirely different kind of game. Obviously have to make these results count in our home games, like.

Definitely the most pleasing aspect from today's game.

Guest neesy111

Definitely the most pleasing aspect from today's game.

I've got to say, the dropping of Ben Arfa has had a positive impact on our team performances.

True but the one thing different was we didn't hoof it. A small thing but still nice enough to go with the win.

There was plenty of pointless punts/lazy passes flying about like.

Can't believe people are still moaning when we've got back to back wins against Chelsea/Spurs.

Moaning about first halfs and second halfs because we never really threatened for periods of games against two top sides. People just expect us to control games for 90 minutes agisnt top sides without having any pressure to withstand? We were excellent today and last week, no two ways about it.

Congrats Newcastle. Great win.

Thanks  :aww:.

I agree. We invited pressure onto us with the way we set up after half time, and were never going to threaten them with so few committed to going forward when we got the ball.

West Ham didn't have a lead to defend going into half time though.

Guest bimpy474

I know but it certainly wasn't hoof and hope, we lost the ball trying to play out. I'd rather see that than hoofs.

Moaning about first halfs and second halfs because we never really threatened for periods of games against two top sides. People just expect us to control games for 90 minutes agisnt top sides without having any pressure to withstand? We were excellent today and last week, no two ways about it.

:lol:

Oh Brett, you're such a card.

Oh Brett, you're such a card.

:lol: Speechless.  It really is that simple in his tiny little mind.

Guest neesy111

No point watching the games.  Let's just skip them and look at the result afterwards.  Can't discuss performances.

I'm sure Brett was berating how good our performance was v Sunderland and how we didn't deserve to lose.

I know but it certainly wasn't hoof and hope, we lost the ball trying to play out. I'd rather see that than hoofs.

We couldn't string 2 passes together, I know you're obsessed with this hoofing lark but in reality there's little difference.

No point watching the games.  Let's just skip them and look at the result afterwards.  Can't discuss performances.

I honestly couldn't fault them. They've done us proud. Hardly a poor individual performance in both games.