NUFC announce new training ground plans

BeloEmre

Is this being built on the land where the currect training ground is?

Aye. They're knocking that one down.

I take it while this happens then, the first team will be training at the academy.  Did NUFC manage to purchase the land next to the traning ground with the horse stable son etc?

Guest bimpy474

Great, we'll be like Mrs Bimps. Nice face while the rest looks a decomposing hippopotamus.

Would you rather a good body with the face of a decomposing hippo?

Good point, hmmm...

Guest reefatoon

http://i57.tinypic.com/ic36l1.png

'Welcome, to my academy for gifted benchwarmers'

If he was in that chair, we would probably stand a better chance of him getting the boot.

Guest tollemache

There's at least a small chance I'll get a pasting for saying this, but isn't building a new training ground quite reassuring from the point of view of the owner not necessarily being hell-bent on asset-stripping the club? Depending on how long it takes to build, he'll have to hang around for quite a while to reap the financial benefit won't he? Or maybe the value of the development would just be included in any sale. I don't know. Anyone familiar with the way that'd work?

There's at least a small chance I'll get a pasting for saying this, but isn't building a new training ground quite reassuring from the point of view of the owner not necessarily being hell-bent on asset-stripping the club? Depending on how long it takes to build, he'll have to hang around for quite a while to reap the financial benefit won't he? Or maybe the value of the development would just be included in any sale. I don't know. Anyone familiar with the way that'd work?

No one is dipsuting that its a bad thing, its just weird they are spending money on an essential part of a modern day professional football club.  Where as the set we have is a complete shambles staffing wise.

We can build the training ground but will we really fill it with professional coaches or just more jobs for the boys, old burnt out hasbeens and other useless feckwits.

Guest tollemache

If the plans are accepted they alone will increase the sale value of the club.

He actually doesn't have to build it to make some extra cash because of it.

Right. So there's actually a chance that committing to the development is part of a strategy to sell?

The cost for the architect, plans, 3rd party reports, etc. is very minimal in the grand scheme of things. They aren't going to begin work until over a year. They could easily just not start construction either. Its a value-add to the "club" and a nice step in the right direction if they actually are building this, genuinely, and aren't just pushing about some paper work for the sake of it.

Building  state of the art training facilities and then giving it to Pardew is like giving a ipad to a caveman

Presumably he's not going to take it with him if and when he gets fired.  We've put in a planning application to improve the clubs infrastructure and facilities, it's a good thing.

Building  state of the art training facilities and then giving it to Pardew is like giving a ipad to a caveman

Presumably he's not going to take it with him if and when he gets fired.  We've put in a planning application to improve the clubs infrastructure and facilities, it's a good thing.

That'll be the day - he will still be at SJP unless the club gets relegated next season...Oh wait..