Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

I would take finishing 8th with a different manager if the football was better, and we didn't have such embarrassing and gutless performances along the way.

I know Ashley isn't interested but if we had a manager who had the team playing exciting football it might make him sit up and want to be more interested. (i know this is complete pie in the sky dreaming but still).

Guest bimpy474

Maybe we could spend some money and try and compete for something? :dontknow:

See this is the reckless attitude that will lead us to the road of Portsmouth. You should be ashamed of yourself Caj tbh.

Sorry  :whatdidido:

Exactly, what was you thinking, i mean spending money on transfers hah  :memelol:

Guest tollemache

Puting aside your attempt at statistics deduction, tell me that based on what you've watched with you own eyes, that an even slightly better manager could not improve our league position especially given how the other teams around us are performing this year? You either won't have the guts to say that or like Mick said, you're nuts!

I said as much a couple of posts ago! I do think a better manager could maybe have squeezed a position or two out of us this year. I'm not saying Pardew has performed as well as anybody could have. I'm saying that his level of performance is going to be seen as about average, not particularly bad, and that as a result he's not going to get sacked and the press are not going to pile pressure on him. Which is true.

Guest tollemache

Because for some weird reason, when I originally made it, people tried to shoot me down as if I'd said something incredibly far-fetched, and I stuck around thinking it'd be a relatively straightforward process to clarify things. Silly me eh.

Guest tollemache

Forget the press, do you think Pardew is performing par the course?

Me, personally... I had a lot of sympathy for him up until the early part of this season - that's the point I considered him to have pretty much used up his excuses. I was at the point of wanting him gone when we suddenly went on that run of form. I don't think that really changes my mind, because I was hoping to see a sustained improvement, so I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we got shot at the end of the season. I can't be bothered to defend him anymore. It's largely for cosmetic reasons, because I'd love us to be one of the few sides in the division who play pretty football. But I can see the case for not firing him and I can understand why outside observers think it's unreasonable to want him gone.

To look at it another way, if another manager came in, played really pretty attacking football and finished 8th or 9th, I certainly wouldn't moan about our league position or think he'd underperformed.

Seems like I've missed a good few pages of bantz. It's highly amusing how mental everyone goes when someone has a point that might not absolutely hammer Pardew. May as well lock this thread TBH.

Quick, promise to avoid this thread again!

Seems like I've missed a good few pages of bantz. It's highly amusing how mental everyone goes when someone has a point that might not absolutely hammer Pardew. May as well lock this thread TBH.

Quick, promise to avoid this thread again!

Quick, post another dismissive and highly sarcastic quip, with no content!

I've said it before - Pardew is an average manager. There are many better ones out there, and several worse. Fortunately for him we appear to have an owner who is more than content with average performance, reckon it would take something fairly disastrous to earn him the sack.

Guest tollemache

dismissive and highly sarcastic quip, with no content!

think they call that a 'counter-argument' round here

:lol: right I'll bite. You completely contradicted the very argument you yourself spent the whole time making "wages/money = league placing" you then bizarrely suggested that you don't want us to spend money because it won't work, and "oh wouldn't it be so easy to spend 500m and we will win the league" well yes by the very criteria you yourself set out. You don't even know what your own point is.

Well. Horseshit.

I said wages/money broadly = league placing. At no point did I contradict that, at all. My guess is that if you think I did, you're one of these people who thinks a deviation precludes a trend.

I said I don't want us to spunk more money than we can afford because long term, it won't work.

I sarcastically said hey why don't we just spend £500m like Man City and win the league. Obviously that is sarcasm.

I know exactly what my point is. Cheers.

Guest tollemache

No, I want us to improve, hopefully on the strength of our transfer policy. I hope our squad gets stronger and our average league finish gets higher and higher.

dismissive and highly sarcastic quip, with no content!

think they call that a 'counter-argument' round here

:lol: right I'll bite. You completely contradicted the very argument you yourself spent the whole time making "wages/money = league placing" you then bizarrely suggested that you don't want us to spend money because it won't work, and "oh wouldn't it be so easy to spend 500m and we will win the league" well yes by the very criteria you yourself set out. You don't even know what your own point is.

Well. Horseshit.

I said wages/money broadly = league placing. At no point did I contradict that, at all. My guess is that if you think I did, you're one of these people who thinks a deviation precludes a trend.

I said I don't want us to spunk more money than we can afford because long term, it won't work.

I sarcastically said hey why don't we just spend £500m like Man City and win the league. Obviously that is sarcasm.

I know exactly what my point is. Cheers.

:lol: