Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Same idiot who claimed not 3 years back that we might get relegated due to replacing our best player (Kevin Nolan) with Yohan Cabaye.

:lol: You've got the craziest memory, man

It's pretty damn good but you don't forget utter bollocks like that, mate.

Can the people who are for him not getting sacked explain what exactly his strengths are supposed to be? Because I genuinely can't think of any, whereas I could think of a pretty long list of his weaknesses.

when i ask people that question the only reply you get back is who else would come in and work under Ashley,  he's doing a good job under the circumstances etc etc

load of bollocks, it's as if they have believed the crap he has spouted for the last 2 years

Can the people who are for him not getting sacked explain what exactly his strengths are supposed to be? Because I genuinely can't think of any, whereas I could think of a pretty long list of his weaknesses.

He accepts a low wage and doesn't argue with orders from above, which is crucial to the club's mission to not be Portsmouth or Leeds. And frankly this is the most important thing for any fan.

As Binnsy says, it's a case of people being afraid of who would come in to replace him that seems to fuel 'support' for him. Certainly that appears to be the case on here. That said, I have fuck all time for the the 'criticism he gets is way over the top' sympathisers and apologists.

That's exactly the point though, who would we get in under Ashley!? You all know damn well we won't go for a well known, 'big name' manager.  It would be another 2nd rate appointment.

I'm no Pardew fan, but I can realise that things could be a lot worse.  Sacking him, would only make the circus and negativity surrounding the club even worse.  Fine, sack him when Ashley has sold the club, I don't see the point until then.

That's exactly the point though, who would we get in under Ashley!? You all know damn well we won't go for a well known, 'big name' manager.  It would be another 2nd rate appointment.

I'm no Pardew fan, but I can realise that things could be a lot worse.  Sacking him, would only make the circus and negativity surrounding the club even worse.  Fine, sack him when Ashley has sold the club, I don't see the point until then.

How?

How?

Erm, we may be battling with the pack at the bottom, which we aren't.  We're sitting 9th, with no permanent signings in over 12 months and a net spend over the last 4 years of what -£40m?.  Pardew isn't the problem imo, he's a symptom of the problem.  Until the real issue is kicked to the curb switching managers wouldn't make a blind bit of difference imo.

How?

Erm, we may be battling with the pack at the bottom, which we aren't.  We're sitting 9th, with no permanent signings in over 12 months and a net spend over the last 4 years of what -£40m?.  Pardew isn't the problem imo, he's a symptom of the problem.  Until the real issue is kicked to the curb switching managers wouldn't make a blind bit of difference imo.

He still has a squad filled with internationals and has us no fucking idea how he wants t oplay. Put Laudrup in charge of this squad and we'd be significantly better.

So you're happy for the mackems to take an easy six points every year and regularly go on runs of form (such as the current home one) that rival the worst in the entire history of the club because Ashley's a cunt?

And the manager takes absolutely no responsibility for it at all and you're giving him an indefinite free pass for results to get worse?

Guest tollemache

How?

No spending in the summer

Actually asset stripping the club

Bringing in JFK as permanent manager, or any of the very large number of managers with less pedigree than Pardew

Going all-out Allardyce with the style of play, not even trying to do anything else (could argue a manager with a firm philosophy would be better though)

There are quite a few ways really. Not sure I agree unilaterally with the 'no point changing manager if Ashley stays' thing. If Pardew somehow manages to slip to 10th, lose the dressing room in the process etc etc then he should absolutely be invited to leave. It's uncharitable to suggest we'd definitely not bring in someone good - I think it would depend a lot on who happened to be available and to what extent they were prepared to work within certain constraints re transfers etc... But that accounts for most managerial jobs in Europe, not just us. It's only old-fashioned British managers who are used to demanding control over the transfer policy.

How?

Our form is W1, D1, L7. We're not in the relegation fight this year, but we will be next year.

I hope you don't believe the second clause of that last sentence. We might actually play attractive football for a start. If that matters to you.