Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your presuming we'd get a Laudrup in, we're more likely to get Dennis Wise, Joe Kinnear, Trevor Francis, any other washed up managers we can think of?

I also think the form will turn round, starting at the weekend.  He was given a target of top 10 in the summer by the board and we're still on course for that.  They won't sack him as he's hitting all targets with nowt being spent.

Guest tollemache

I hope we sign precisely zero players on the basis of their WC performances. It's the absolute worst way to do things. Asamoah Gyan springs to mind... cost a fortune because he scored two penalties (and fucking missed one) in a side that did OK.

Your presuming we'd get a Laudrup in, we're more likely to get Dennis Wise, Joe Kinnear, Trevor Francis, any other washed up managers we can think of?

I also think the form will turn round, starting at the weekend.  He was given a target of top 10 in the summer by the board and we're still on course for that.  They won't sack him as he's hitting all targets with nowt being spent.

Alright.

Well, I hope you continue to enjoy supporting Newcastle.

That's exactly the point though, who would we get in under Ashley!? You all know damn well we won't go for a well known, 'big name' manager.  It would be another 2nd rate appointment.

I'm no Pardew fan, but I can realise that things could be a lot worse.  Sacking him, would only make the circus and negativity surrounding the club even worse.  Fine, sack him when Ashley has sold the club, I don't see the point until then.

How?

No spending in the summer

Actually asset stripping the club

Bringing in JFK as permanent manager, or any of the very large number of managers with less pedigree than Pardew

Going all-out Allardyce with the style of play, not even trying to do anything else (could argue a manager with a firm philosophy would be better though)

There are quite a few ways really. Not sure I agree unilaterally with the 'no point changing manager if Ashley stays' thing. If Pardew somehow manages to slip to 10th, lose the dressing room in the process etc etc then he should absolutely be invited to leave. It's uncharitable to suggest we'd definitely not bring in someone good - I think it would depend a lot on who happened to be available and to what extent they were prepared to work within certain constraints re transfers etc... But that accounts for most managerial jobs in Europe, not just us. It's only old-fashioned British managers who are used to demanding control over the transfer policy.

No Summer spending

Sell your best players without the slightest intention of replacing them

Bring JFK in as DoF, every football related decision at the club has to go through him.

That's 2013/14.

Your vision of 'a lot worse' doesn't sound much different to what's happened tbh. Still, if that's what you're content with...

Guest tollemache

Tbf that's pretty much all we have the data to say about him - that he's not necessarily terrible. He's about as good as a huge number of other unremarkable managers, not as bad as the really awful ones and not as good as the really good ones.

Guest tollemache

That's exactly the point though, who would we get in under Ashley!? You all know damn well we won't go for a well known, 'big name' manager.  It would be another 2nd rate appointment.

I'm no Pardew fan, but I can realise that things could be a lot worse.  Sacking him, would only make the circus and negativity surrounding the club even worse.  Fine, sack him when Ashley has sold the club, I don't see the point until then.

How?

Bringing in JFK as permanent manager, or any of the very large number of managers with less pedigree than Pardew

Going all-out Allardyce with the style of play, not even trying to do anything else (could argue a manager with a firm philosophy would be better though)

There are quite a few ways really. Not sure I agree unilaterally with the 'no point changing manager if Ashley stays' thing. If Pardew somehow manages to slip to 10th, lose the dressing room in the process etc etc then he should absolutely be invited to leave. It's uncharitable to suggest we'd definitely not bring in someone good - I think it would depend a lot on who happened to be available and to what extent they were prepared to work within certain constraints re transfers etc... But that accounts for most managerial jobs in Europe, not just us. It's only old-fashioned British managers who are used to demanding control over the transfer policy.

No Summer spending

Bring JFK in as DoF, every football related decision at the club has to go through him.

That's 2013/14.

Your vision of 'a lot worse' doesn't sound much different to what's happened tbh. Still, if that's what you're content with...

That "without the slightest intention" is pure speculation, and I don't think JFK had THAT much control.

Not spending this summer would scare me in a way that previous windows certainly didn't.

How?

No Summer spending

That's 2013/14.

That "without the slightest intention" is pure speculation, and I don't think JFK had THAT much control.

Not spending this summer would scare me in a way that previous windows certainly didn't.

Why?

Why wasn't it a worry last summer?

Why was Anita, a player Pardew would NEVER choose had he any say in it, as a sole summer signing the year before not bring any cause for worry?

Signing no one or no one useful to the manager the past 2 summers hasn't been a problem for you but if it happens a 3rd time it might?

Don't fret, i reckon you'll find a way to justify it.

Me too, we would be critically under strength in a way we haven't been recently. Not that I buy that every decent player is on the way out, but even if we just fail to get Remy we need fairly significant reinforcements.

Can the people who are for him not getting sacked explain what exactly his strengths are supposed to be? Because I genuinely can't think of any, whereas I could think of a pretty long list of his weaknesses.

when i ask people that question the only reply you get back is who else would come in and work under Ashley,  he's doing a good job under the circumstances etc etc

load of bollocks

It's like bending over and taking it up the arse and calling it a good job because the next rapist down the line might not use any vaseline.

Guest tollemache

How?

No Summer spending

That's 2013/14.

Why?

Why wasn't it a worry last summer?

Why was Anita, a player Pardew would NEVER choose had he any say in it, as a sole summer signing the year before not bring any cause for worry?

Signing no one or no one useful to the manager the past 2 summers hasn't been a problem for you but if it happens a 3rd time it might?

Don't fret, i reckon you'll find a way to justify it.

OK I really don't want to get into this thing where I offer mitigating circumstances for our transfer activity in the last 3 years and get pounded from all angles by people who just think it's 100% bad. So I'm not - I've gone over it a lot, not many pages ago in this thread. In very basic terms, our team has improved over that period, and if we don't spend this summer it will suddenly have gotten a fair bit worse for the first time. And I'll leave it there.

How?

2013/14

Players In

Olivier Kemen Metz Signed 01 Jul, 2013

Loic Remy QPR 05 Aug, 2013 (loan)

2012/13

Gael Bigirimana Coventry £1,000,000 06 Jul, 2012

Curtis Good Melbourne H Signed 31 Jul, 2012

Vurnon Anita Ajax Signed 16 Aug, 2012

2011/12

Sylvain Marveaux Rennes Free 01 Jul, 2011

Yohan Cabaye Lille £4,800,000 01 Jul, 2011

Mehdi Abeid Lens Free 01 Jul, 2011

Gabriel Obertan Man Utd Signed 09 Aug, 2011

Davide Santon Inter £5,300,000 30 Aug, 2011

Rob Elliot Charlton Signed 30 Aug, 2011

Yep, I can see where this is going.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBCpC43Nv6GKcWTqFDFJjOzQvTH5dQeNGHWQeNB16UFlZ_wbn7ng

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUyKRFJiJq4pMHJN8EmE5B-z5QbJrMfIDUSaDHJArDB4tYtc-N

How about money lost from shit like this?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/08/article-2112387-0EBFC59300000578-112_468x309.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2013/5/22/1369229507819/Newcastle-Uniteds-Sports--010.jpg

You think this bloke has any sort of 'pedigree' in which to be measured against?

The bloke lost 2 play-offs when he was at Reading, lost another at West Ham and binned after their worst run in 70 years, relegated Charlton and had them 11th the following season -

However, Charlton's form very quickly deteriorated and they were near the foot of the table after 8 games without a win. After an inept display in a 5–2 home defeat to Sheffield United hundreds of supporters remained for more than an hour to condemn their manager, chanting, "We want Pardew out" and "We want our club back" after Charlton had slipped into the Championship's bottom three

Shagging around at Southampton, low player moral and finally binned by Cortese. But oh wait, there's the Johnstones paint trophy. Yeah.

Since early in the season, Newcastle United have consistently been the biggest long-ball side in the Premier League. With a long ball (over 25 yards) average of 16.1% after 32 games, they lead Stoke (16.0%), Reading (16.0%) and West Ham (14.9%).

At the other extreme, the teams with the lowest percentage are Manchester City (8.1%), Arsenal (8.2%), Manchester United (9.9%) and Swansea (10.1%).

In Newcastle United’s first 32 games of the season, Newcastle United were the bigger long ball side in 27 of those games to five for the opposition. Whilst Newcastle United’s long ball average was 16.1%, the average of all opposition was only 11.8%.

Much has been said about Alan Pardew’s formations, with most fans seemingly preferring a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation over a 4-4-2. This season however, Newcastle United have played managed to play ‘route one’ football in ALL of those formations.