Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am loving this. "The problem with the 'facts' argument is..."

Seriously: are we debating whether or not we should be using facts

Are you going to answer my question or not?

No - because what you've asked for is a pretty wide-ranging summary of Pardew's performance - save to say that I don't think absolutely every single thing he's ever done at Newcastle has been s***.

Simple question for you: Do you think any other manager currently managing in the Premier League would have played Dan Gosling today whilst HBA sits on the bench?

Knowing very little about the exact situation regarding Ben Arfa, but knowing that Pardew wants to win games and would probably play him if he thought he'd help to bring that about, probably yes. Whether he's right or not, whether he's managed Ben Arfa poorly or not etc etc are all separate questions.

And now, because this forum is the way it is, I have to go out of my way to emphasise that I don't necessarily agree with Pardew on this.

:lol: it's s*** like this. Just say what you think? If you think playing dan gosling is correct then say it

Ignore him man, he's clearly on the wind up and/or enjoys being purposefully contrary.

Guest bimpy474

Playing Gosling ahead of Ben Arfa is indefensible, and you Troll are an absolute loon to attempt it. Past pathetic.

Guest tollemache

I'm saying I don't know because I'm not privy to everything that happens at the club.

On the surface, leaving Ben Arfa out of your team in order to play Dan Gosling is obviously a poor move. I'm thinking the reality is probably a bit more complicated, or Pardew would not have done it.

Here again, for the benefit of the forum, I'm going to emphasise that I am not defending Pardew's management of Ben Arfa.

I really don't want to get tagged as a Pardew sympathiser here, I just think he's a bog standard average Premier League manager - if you look at some stats, how about win percentages:

Pardew (NUFC only) - 38.46%

Bruce - 37.54%

Martinez - 39.82%

Pochettino (Soton only) - 38.89%

Not much in it really.

Another fact worthy of consideration is that he's had to operate with by far the lowest transfer budget of any Premier League club:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

That's 140 million less than Villa, 136 million less than Stoke and even 95 million less than the mackems, all of who we're currently above in the league.

Despite all of this I would still like to see him sacked btw.

:lol: Pardew doesn't even have a higher win percentage than a guy who spent most of his time managing Wigan and had a barely better win percentage than another guy who has managed Sunderland, Wigan and Hull. Thanks for the stats

Just seen Gosling over HBA :lol: couldn't be arsed to even comment when people mentioned it before as it was too ridiculous.

So glad we are safe and I know we have no ambition because I can laugh at this stuff.

Guest bimpy474

I'm saying I don't know because I'm not privy to everything that happens at the club.

On the surface, leaving Ben Arfa out of your team in order to play Dan Gosling is obviously a poor move. I'm thinking the reality is probably a bit more complicated, or Pardew would not have done it.

Here again, for the benefit of the forum, I'm going to emphasise that I am not defending Pardew's management of Ben Arfa.

Like a clowns fuck you aren't defending Pardew, jesus you bullshit nearly as much as him.

Guest tollemache

No - because what you've asked for is a pretty wide-ranging summary of Pardew's performance - save to say that I don't think absolutely every single thing he's ever done at Newcastle has been s***.

Simple question for you: Do you think any other manager currently managing in the Premier League would have played Dan Gosling today whilst HBA sits on the bench?

Knowing very little about the exact situation regarding Ben Arfa, but knowing that Pardew wants to win games and would probably play him if he thought he'd help to bring that about, probably yes. Whether he's right or not, whether he's managed Ben Arfa poorly or not etc etc are all separate questions.

And now, because this forum is the way it is, I have to go out of my way to emphasise that I don't necessarily agree with Pardew on this.

:lol: it's s*** like this. Just say what you think? If you think playing dan gosling is correct then say it

Sitting on the fence when asked a very simple question :facepalm:

Giving a non-categorical opinion on something you have limited knowledge of  :facepalm:

Maybe a shit manager has made a shit decision, have you not thought that is a possibility?

I don't know everything that happens within North Korea therefore I'm not going to disagree with anything that Kim Jong-un does :thup:

Guest tollemache

Like a clowns fuck you aren't defending Pardew, jesus you bullshit nearly as much as him.

You need to learn to read more carefully.

Mick: of course it's a possibility. Did you see me ruling it out at any point? More likely it's quite a complicated judgement call, even if he has called it wrong.

With reference to the last page or so of discussion about the forum, I'm going to leave it here, with Bimpy and LV hurling poo at dissenters.

Giving a non-categorical opinion on something you have limited knowledge of  :facepalm:

I have plenty of knowledge about football having followed the sport all my life. It doesn't take a genius to realise that HBA should be playing and Gosling shouldn't be at the club. Simple as that.

Like a clowns f*** you aren't defending Pardew, jesus you bullshit nearly as much as him.

Mick: of course it's a possibility. Did you see me ruling it out at any point? More likely it's quite a complicated judgement call, even if he has called it wrong.

With reference to the last page or so of discussion about the forum, I'm going to leave it here, with Bimpy and LV hurling poo at dissenters.

I have hurled no poo. I've been perfectly civil.

Guest bimpy474

If trollemache is a pure WUM, why are so many people in a hurry to engage him? :lol:

I don't think he's a WUM, i think he's a blind idiot who knows fuck all about football (in this case).

Genuinely believes he's being uniquely cognitive and profound by going against the grain and defending this absolute fucking knacker.

Guest tollemache

I have plenty of knowledge about football having followed the sport all my life. It doesn't take a genius to realise that HBA should be playing and Gosling shouldn't be at the club. Simple as that.

If you really think it's as simple as that, your life of football watching counts for very little. Football is not Pro Evo.

Here again I'm going to emphasise for all of your benefit that I'm not necessarily defending Pardew's selection of Dan Gosling, even though the last 2 emphases don't seem to have stuck.

Pardew is killing football for me and I'll not apologise for shouting down his supporters who help keep him here by supporting him.

Yeah, but surely there's a better way of going about disagreeing than you routinely see in this thread? The general way in which a forum works mean you'll get differing opinions and if you've come here for debate then that's something you should relish rather than resist, it would be rubbish if everyone just agreed. I don't agree with Ian that often but he carries himself in a decent manner and doesn't go on like a total arsehole to people yet he gets some shocking - and unfunny- treatment back. It's unnecessary.

You go through the last hundred pages of this thread and there'll be tonnes of posts that are just ridicule or insults. If you've got nothing good to say, don't say anything at all, it's not like it's hard to ignore someone if they're irritating you. The majority of people on here - I assume - are blokes in their 20s and above, you'd like to think people would be a little more mature and wouldn't use the club's situation as some sort of cover to carry on in a daft fashion.

This is the third Pardew thread, the other two got retired after reaching 1000 posts I think. Most of the serious debates were probably done to death in the first one, now mostly it's just people shooting the breeze or having a chuckle over his latest mumblings and stumblings.

Guest bimpy474

I'm hurling poo at you for talking shite like. Simple really.

Guest tollemache

If you really think it's as simple as that, your life of football watching counts for very little. Football is not Pro Evo.

Here again I'm going to emphasise for all of your benefit that I'm not necessarily defending Pardew's selection of Dan Gosling, even though the last 2 emphases don't seem to have stuck.

It really is though at base level.

Right. Can I have a quote from you please, to put in my signature, saying that when it comes to team selection, football is just like Pro Evo?

It really is though at base level.

Right. Can I have a quote from you please, to put in my signature, saying that when it comes to team selection, football is just like Pro Evo?

LOL