Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

if the mackems beat us in the next derby it'll be the first time they've won 3 on the bounce since the 1920's apparently

he wants f***ing running out of town if that happens with the players he got like, especially considering the players they've got  :lol:

I'd be stunned if we win tbh.

Pardew will be even more nervous/defensive for fear of losing to them again, and will capitulate.

Yep, and he would see a draw as an amazing result.

The thing that knarks me about this bloke...AS a club we weren't going to take the FA cup seriously.  Ok we get it, the prem is the most important thing to the Club.

Then why not just tell the players to go out and enjoy themselves, have some fun, attack Cardiff, try some attacking football.

If we get through, we get through.  We'll do the same in the next round.

Instead Alan bores everyone to tears.

The man is one trick pony.

if the mackems beat us in the next derby it'll be the first time they've won 3 on the bounce since the 1920's apparently

he wants f***ing running out of town if that happens with the players he got like, especially considering the players they've got  :lol:

I'd be stunned if we win tbh.

Pardew will be even more nervous/defensive for fear of losing to them again, and will capitulate.

Yep, and he would see a draw as an amazing result.

it'll take one or two of our players to have some fucking pride in order to beat them, the likes of cabaye and HBA are more than capable of deciding they're just going to do it for the fans and have a shit hot day

but aye, left to pardiola we're probably fucked

The thing that knarks me about this bloke...AS a club we weren't going to take the FA cup seriously.  Ok we get it, the prem is the most important thing to the Club.

Then why not just tell the players to go out and enjoy themselves, have some fun, attack Cardiff, try some attacking football.

If we get through, we get through.  We'll do the same in the next round.

Instead Alan bores everyone to tears.

The man is one trick pony.

One legged more like.

Well, the gamble can be summarised as follows for me:

a) Sack him, and risk uncertainty as to whether the replacement will be better or worse

b) Don't sack him, and confirm with certainty we will actively try to avoid Europe and winning trophies (and play a thoroughly boring brand of football in the process)

I'd roll the dice every fucking time and I've wanted him gone before he got here :lol:

Point b) doesn't come from Pardew though, it's the aims of the club (except the boring football).

I wonder how much of the clubs cup/Europe ambition stems from Pardew putting forward a view that cup runs fuck up your league season?

Its such a half baked approach to not caring anyway, I'd much rather having 11 changes for cup games and seeing where that takes us rather than putting out a relatively strong xi but telling them not to put in any effort. Gouff, Sissoko and Santon must have covered more ground than any player this year (well maybe Debuch but he was suspended anyway) so why not give them a bloody rest?

I want to like him, his fist pumps are great after all, but at the moment Pardew is our limiting factor

Wanting Pardew gone is so catch-22. I think he's a limited manager - one that we won't actively progress and/or fulfil out potential with. But when you accumulate all of the working parameters that this board sets, part of me believes that Pardew is the best we're gonna get.

So right now...nobody lined up, just have to roll the dice with Ashley's appointment, do you want him sacked?

Every Newcastle fan would have him sacked if we knew this exciting football manager was coming in to replace him, that's common sense. A lot on here have wanted him sacked regardless of any wins and happy to roll the dice on his successor, but are you now in that position or are you sticking with your opinion of last week which was i don't want him sacked on the spot anymore? He was in good form when you said that, but now he's had 3 straight losses...you might want him gone now?

I'd want him gone for any manager who can convince me he could get our players playing football together and take the game to the opposition. I think that pool of managers is pretty large, not the rare commodity you seem intent on painting them as.

I obviously wouldn't want him sacked for just anybody (and I don't think we would do that if we were to get rid of him), that would be detrimental to the side especially when we're not doing too poorly, but last season I would have. I'd have taken fucking Phil Brown after Christmas.

Anyway to answer the loaded question, if someone had a gun to my head (or if they didn't, it doesn't really matter) and said it's up to you "sack him or not?" I'd be unsure whether I'd be willing to risk Ashley choosing an appointment mid season when we're doing pretty well in the league. End of the season, or during a run of horrific form, though? Probably, aye. Unless something massively changes from now until then.

Well, the gamble can be summarised as follows for me:

a) Sack him, and risk uncertainty as to whether the replacement will be better or worse

b) Don't sack him, and confirm with certainty we will actively try to avoid Europe and winning trophies (and play a thoroughly boring brand of football in the process)

I'd roll the dice every fucking time and I've wanted him gone before he got here :lol:

Point b) doesn't come from Pardew though, it's the aims of the club (except the boring football).

The separation of the two is artificial, Ian.

If we're dealing in hypotheticals where Pardew can be sacked, then getting rid of him may very well mean getting rid of the ideologies which underpin (and prolong) his tenure.

Crazy to think back to the early days of the prem, the teams chasing a trophy. Playing in 24 team league,  playing in the legaue cup (home and away legs), FA cup (potentially two games per round) and then European games.

How would wor Alan cope!!!

I seem to remember a couple of teams doing a double and didnt Liverpool have a great season under Houllier where they won 3 cups? 

I wonder how much of the clubs cup/Europe ambition stems from Pardew putting forward a view that cup runs fuck up your league season?

Its such a half baked approach to not caring anyway, I'd much rather having 11 changes for cup games and seeing where that takes us rather than putting out a relatively strong xi but telling them not to put in any effort. Gouff, Sissoko and Santon must have covered more ground than any player this year (well maybe Debuch but he was suspended anyway) so why not give them a bloody rest?

I want to like him, his fist pumps are great after all, but at the moment Pardew is our limiting factor

I think him bleating on about it constantly last season has consolidated to all within the club that cups aren't worth the potential worry about losing finance.

More annoying is that the media seem to be of this opinion too.

We win 4 or 5 on the bounce and all is rosy. Then we lose 3 and back to all of this Pardew out stuff.

The whole argument is irrelevant anyway, because:

a) Pardew is perfect for the board.

b) This board is perfect for Pardew.

c) The board doesn't care what the fans want or think.

NOTHING will change until Ashley sells up.

Guest Haris Vuckic

We win 4 or 5 on the bounce and all is rosy. Then we lose 3 and back to all of this Pardew out stuff.

The whole argument is irrelevant anyway, because:

a) Pardew is perfect for the board.

b) This board is perfect for Pardew.

c) The board doesn't care what the fans want or think.

NOTHING will change until Ashley sells up.

This is pretty much it. :thup:

This is wrong fwiw.

In what way? This forum is more schizo than St Nicks.

Not really. :lol:

This is wrong fwiw.

In what way? This forum is more schizo than St Nicks.

During our winning period I remained anti-Pardew. A few wins here and there doesn't disguise what a disgusting fraud the bloke is. Don't rewrite history, lots of people remained anti-Pardew during our season finishing 5th.

Changing Pardew wont change a thing.

Blaming the puppet and not the puppet master is futile.

I've said it a million times that an empty St James is the only way: but people cannot find anything better to do for 2 or 3 Saturdays for the puppet master to get the message.

Changing Pardew wont change a thing.

Blaming the puppet and not the puppet master is futile.

I've said it a million times that an empty St James is the only way: but people cannot find anything better to do for 2 or 3 Saturdays for the puppet master to get the message.

They could potentially see crowds dwindle now they've made a point of not trying for the league cup or FA cup and chasing a European spot is a waste of time to them.