Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's not out of his depths at all.

pardew?  :lol:

Of course he's not. :lol:

He shouldn't be managing the calibre of players he has though HV tbf? He's not used to this sort of talent at his disposal and very lucky to be in the job he's in. He hardly deserved this upgrade on past experience. He's exceeded my expectations but he's been given a better squad to work with than when he first arrived. Saying this i think he's doing a reasonable job and i'm happy with how things are going but any chairmen with real ambition wouldn't have appointed him in the first place. He's just a very lucky man trying to take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity, can't blame him for it either.

He's not out of his depths at all.

pardew?  :lol:

Of course he's not. :lol:

i guess there will be no concurrence on this matter then, 'cause he's out of his depths imho

top tier championship manager in charge of international footballers and our position and performances reflect this fairly accurately tbh

Remit -

League : Finish Top 10

FA Cup : Not Applicable

League Cup : Not Applicable

To say he's out of his depth is utterly laughable. People also have a habit of massively over rating our squad. We could probably this year 7th at best and if we had a really bad season 13th-14th.

You know when people talk about ridiculous expectations - they're talking about you. The irony is the expectation is a product of Pardew's own high performance but that's no doubt lost on you.

:lol: Ridiculous expectations is expecting the 7th or 8th best squad in the league to present a challenge to the top 6 and maybe not go out of every cup at the first or second hurdle every year. 

If you want to point fingers, then people like you are why those running NUFC have been able to get away with taking the p*ss out of fans for so long.

Our squad isn't as good as you think - but we are challenging the top 6 - obviously. You're just helping me make my point.

Oh and that highlighted section  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'd say the squad is better than many give it credit for. Plenty of experienced internationals (Colo, Debuchy, Santon, Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, HBA, Remy, Cisse, Sissoko, Anita, Yanga-Mbiwa) and some solid, experienced pro's too (Willo, Saylor, Raylor etc).

If you think what a positive manager could do with them it's gutting. SBR or KK would have us battling the top 4 every year with this squad purely by going after teams and putting them on the back foot. AP worries too much about others and overlooks our own strengths.

We've got the same issues now as we had two years ago. No fluidity, no attacking mentality and no cohesion in the approach to the game.

That's a very bold assertion to make. I couldn't see any manager challenging the top four with this squad personally.

We were battling the top 4 two seasons ago with a worse squad, so I can see where he's coming from. Battling doesn't mean getting into the top 4 btw, just making them look over their shoulder.

:thup: Yup.

"Remit" like that's all there is to it :lol:

was he out of his depth last year then Haris, he had the same remit then no?

said it before but i've never seen a manager more out of his depth last year than him, maybe that fella that took over at wolves and looked like a rabbit in the headlights the entire time :lol:

Last year - of course - but there were obvious variables.

If you've never seen a manager more ''out of his depth'' than a manager clearly not out of his depth you can't have watched much football at all.

right then, so he's only not out of his depth when he has an adequate number of players fit and doesn't have too many games to play? :lol:  i think you'll find that's part of the definition of a manager who is out of his depth

we've done ok to date so far as injuries and games have been in his favour, we hit the festive period and things start to go against him and he's f***ed again...lost 3, possibly 4 to come and the stoke win was a f***ing gift

He wasn't the only person to blame last year - he just took all of it.

Teams have good form and bad form - this is again - obvious. If we kept up 7 wins in 10 we'd probably win the league.

That's not true. Most of it perhaps, but not all. Plenty of players were slagged to fuck and some almost completely written off.

As an obvious example, Mike Williamson was almost universally derided at one point and the lack of a better replacement was pointed to as a key reason why Pardew's team couldn't defend and couldn't play good football. He's now one of the first on the teamsheet. How, if he's so clearly not good enough?

Guest bimpy474

"Remit" like that's all there is to it :lol:

was he out of his depth last year then Haris, he had the same remit then no?

said it before but i've never seen a manager more out of his depth last year than him, maybe that fella that took over at wolves and looked like a rabbit in the headlights the entire time :lol:

Last year - of course - but there were obvious variables.

If you've never seen a manager more ''out of his depth'' than a manager clearly not out of his depth you can't have watched much football at all.

right then, so he's only not out of his depth when he has an adequate number of players fit and doesn't have too many games to play? :lol:  i think you'll find that's part of the definition of a manager who is out of his depth

we've done ok to date so far as injuries and games have been in his favour, we hit the festive period and things start to go against him and he's f***ed again...lost 3, possibly 4 to come and the stoke win was a f***ing gift

He wasn't the only person to blame last year - he just took all of it.

Teams have good form and bad form - this is again - obvious. If we kept up 7 wins in 10 we'd probably win the league.

That's not true. Most of it perhaps, but not all. Plenty of players were slagged to fuck and some almost completely written off.

As an obvious example, Mike Williamson was almost universally derided at one point and the lack of a better replacement was pointed to as a key reason why Pardew's team couldn't defend and couldn't play good football. He's now one of the first on the teamsheet. How, if he's so clearly not good enough?

It would appear keeping the ball more as we've done seems to suit Willo more, who knew :lol:

You could argue that Pardew deserves credit for getting good performances out of players like Williamson, but you can't then say he's proof of the squad not being good enough when his performances are bad.

There's still a strong implication from some that if you believe Pardew could be doing better then you must also believe the investment in the squad is adequate and the way Ashley runs the club is acceptable.

That's absolute rubbish.

You rarely on here after defeat see posters say, 'well the players need to take a long hard look at themselves after that'. The immiediete backlash goes straight to Pardew, the players have to be taken into account as well. When a defeat arises, Pardew gets the blunt of it which isn't always fair imo. 

Guest bimpy474

You rarely on here after defeat see posters say, 'well the players need to take a long hard look at themselves after that'. The immiediete backlash goes straight to Pardew, the players have to be taken into account as well. When a defeat arises, Pardew gets the blunt of it which isn't always fair imo. 

Eh, did you not see the stick Debuchy got for the sending off, or the stick Shola got for the Southampton and other games.

Trying to change the truth wont make Pardew any better, you are deluded by your insistance that Pardew isn't crap.

Eh, did you not see the stick Debuchy got for the sending off, or the stick Shola got for the Southampton and other games.

Trying to change the truth wont make Pardew any better, you are deluded by your insistance that Pardew isn't crap.

Or the posts commenting on Cabaye, especially Tiote's, bad to awful performances.

Guest bimpy474

Or the posts commenting on Cabaye, especially Tiote's, bad to awful performances.

Aye, and the stick Colo got/gets. Saylor as well. Obertan obviously, Marveaux gets plenty....list goes on.

That's because you live in the Pardew thread.

It was me saying that had Debuchy not got sent off, Pardew would have got at least a point if not the win? I thought it was going well until that red but people were saying we were a mess? Just like i thought Eliot was shocking and had us more knocked out than Pardew did against Cardiff, fair enough his tactics weren't steamrolling Cardiff but he got the first goal and was let down by his keeper and done off a late set piece. All the while Pardew is being painted an awful picture for having 3 L's now beside the form column when things haven't been as bad as some make out. He's got things wrong yes but he's also been let down by some of his players as well. He'll turn it around though and the players will step up the mark again, i'm sure of that. I'm not going overboard just because we've had a few iffy games in which we got beat. We were stuffed off Fulham and Spurs around these times in the 5th season but he bounced back, no reason to why the players won't respond to this.

Guest bimpy474

It was me saying that had Debuchy not got sent off, Pardew would have got at least a point if not the win? I thought it was going well until that red but people were saying we were a mess? Just like i thought Eliot was shocking and had us more knocked out than Pardew did against Cardiff, fair enough his tactics weren't steamrolling Cardiff but he got the first goal and was let down by his keeper and done off a late set piece. All the while Pardew is being painted an awful picture for having 3 L's now beside the form column when things haven't been as bad as some make out. He's got things wrong yes but he's also been let down by some of his players as well. He'll turn it around though and the players will step up the mark again, i'm sure of that. I'm not going overboard just because we've had a few iffy games in which we got beat. We were stuffed off Fulham and Spurs around these times in the 5th season but he bounced back, no reason to why the players won't respond to this.

We never stuff anyone, we only beat Stoke like we did because they had 9 men. How many more game do you need to see for it to sink in that Pardew is a do enough manager. And he likes to get it done by being defensive and contain teams, nicking a goal and holding it. It's right there for you to see, we may have a go at teams now and again but the majority of our games are do enough boring shit.

We deserve better than that. I just want to see a more attacking team, more attacking intent, more creativity. Him and the team may bounce back but it'll still be stale narrow wins, sorry but like i say we deserve better, we deserve more.

Our style of play, our lack of attacking momement, our lack of ruthlessness (Stoke apart), our lack of cohesion are all down to Pardew. He's the manager, he set the tactics and he is the person who is overall to blame. Deny it all you like but it's the truth.

There's still a strong implication from some that if you believe Pardew could be doing better then you must also believe the investment in the squad is adequate and the way Ashley runs the club is acceptable.

That's absolute rubbish.

When apparently sane people believe we have built a squad capable of challenging the top six (or top 4 with a Robson or Keegan), then surely 'adequate' (able to barely fulfil a need or requirement without being outstanding) is conservative if anything.

Hard pushed to argue it being 'absolute rubbish' that Ashley has done an adequate job in that respect, though it would certainly be a stretch to say much positive about the direction he is taking the club.

I don't believe the squad is particularly capable of challenging the top six over a season so give Pardew considerably more leeway in the table than most seem to as it stands.

Agree with what you are saying about Ashley, I just can't get my head around why Pardew gets away with what Houghton doesn't.  You say you don't rate Pardew etc, but your post come across otherwise.  I think it's the bipolar way your posts come about that seem to get people's back up.  You seem to praise Pardew to the hilt, then the next time you are saying you don't rate him.  Your views seem so hap hazard and baffling.

I basically up my views on here for him because people take things way over the top when critising him. We win, players get credit, we lose, pardew's tactics. I try and say they are in it together, win together, lose together. I might point the finger at players or manager in certain games where i think they've definitley cost us but on the whole people try and make it so clear cut that it's all Pardew's fault when things go wrong.

And Spudil, if you want to trawl through my posts where i'm backing the Pardew appointment or have said he's an excellent manager or that i love him or whatever else, feel free. You'll be wasting your time though. I give him praise for things he does, of course i do but i do sometimes say he's also cost us. End of the day i really am backing him and supporting him to do things well here as i really don't want Ashley to embarass this club furthur with another one of his strange delluisional appointments which he has brought on us. It's a gamble i simply don't want to take especially when i don't think that gamble needs to be taken. I said over the summer, if things started badly this season and it was looking another dog fight in the bottom half by xmas, i'll want him out and have no choice but to spin Ashley's job centre manager roulette wheel but no need to spin when we are sitting pretty 6 points off champions league.

Nah.

I cannot believe people are still peddling this fucking tosh like.

Bimpy has hit the nail right on the head. It is about performance and not just result. At the end of the day it's supposed to be entertainment. Pardew doesn't allow his team to entertain for long enough, because of the fear of losing what the more attacking style has reaped, definitely against the weaker sides.  That's basically it for me

The very fact Pardew consistently plays Shola Ameobi ahead of both Anita and Ben Arfa tells you everything you need to know. He's holding us back and he always will.

I just want to see us properly take apart a side now and then, do well in the cups and finish in the top 5-7 (depending on how strong the league is). I don't think it's too much to ask and there are a fucking tonne of manages out there who could at least threaten that.

Under Pardew we look awful, get knocked out of the cups by some dross side every year, have a decent chance of finishing top 8 and an equal chance of being in a relegation battle.

The fact he's shown to have the ability to stake a top 8 finish is enough for some though and everyone else is either deluded or greedy.

Bimpy has hit the nail right on the head. It is about performance and not just result. At the end of the day it's supposed to be entertainment. Pardew doesn't allow his team to entertain for long enough, because of the fear of losing what the more attacking style has reaped, definitely against the weaker sides.  That's basically it for me

You'd like to think that with such a staggeringly long contract he could allow himself a more cavalier swagger (and see it reflected in the team). There just seems to be a constant paper thin confidence in almost every department.

I really do think the cup defeat has been one too many for most people. We know we aren't going to win the league, and most of us would be surprised if we qualified for Europe, so a decent cup run is all we really have to keep us interested, because the football certainly won't. I can't remeber a manger who was so consistently shite in cup games. How this twat ever got to a cup final is beyond me, although that was about 20 years ago, and his football philosophy still seems from the same era.

See the other thread, the cups are to give the squad players games and anything more than the minimum number of matches jeopardises our Premier League status. This comes from the very top and is the policy of the club.

How anyone can deny Pardew is complicit in this and deny how it would undoubtedly affect the mentality of the players is beyond me.

See the other thread, the cups are to give the squad players games and anything more than the minimum number of matches jeopardises our Premier League status. This comes from the very top and is the policy of the club.

How anyone can deny Pardew is complicit in this and deny how it would undoubtedly affect the mentality of the players is beyond me.

But the squad players didn't get a game, and our premier league status isn't under threat this year, so I don't really see how the blame for this one can go anywhere other than the manager.

Guest reefatoon

Brett you are doing the exact same thing.  How the fuck would it have been Pardew getting the point or the win?  You are banging on about people blaming Pardew when we get beat, and then in the same breath, mentioning if it wasn't for players, Pardew would have got a point or a win?  Fucking hell lad, you are doolaly tap and so clearly Pardew's number one fan.

That's absolute rubbish.

When apparently sane people believe we have built a squad capable of challenging the top six (or top 4 with a Robson or Keegan), then surely 'adequate' (able to barely fulfil a need or requirement without being outstanding) is conservative if anything.

Hard pushed to argue it being 'absolute rubbish' that Ashley has done an adequate job in that respect, though it would certainly be a stretch to say much positive about the direction he is taking the club.

I don't believe the squad is particularly capable of challenging the top six over a season so give Pardew considerably more leeway in the table than most seem to as it stands.

Apparently sane? :lol:

We achieved 5th with Pardew. And you think KK or SBR couldn't do better consistently? I'd say that's a fairly big slight on them tbh.

We never stuff anyone, we only beat Stoke like we did because they had 9 men. How many more game do you need to see for it to sink in that Pardew is a do enough manager. And he likes to get it done by being defensive and contain teams, nicking a goal and holding it. It's right there for you to see, we may have a go at teams now and again but the majority of our games are do enough boring s***.

We deserve better than that. I just want to see a more attacking team, more attacking intent, more creativity. Him and the team may bounce back but it'll still be stale narrow wins, sorry but like i say we deserve better, we deserve more.

Our style of play, our lack of attacking momement, our lack of ruthlessness (Stoke apart), our lack of cohesion are all down to Pardew. He's the manager, he set the tactics and he is the person who is overall to blame. Deny it all you like but it's the truth.

I'd love that just as much as you Bimpy, who doesn't want their team playing with more attacking intent and scoring more goals. You make it sound like it’s the only the section of fans who want Pardew sacked want this type of football. Attacking is what football should be all about, sadly it's become far too much of a tactical affair and analysis of it all taking to the extremes. The days of each side playing 4-4-2 and just going hammer and tong are long gone. Now it's this formation against that formation, 10 men behind the ball and all this nonsense which is spoiling football. Saying this, we have attached ourselves to this kind of tosh but it's producing effective results, and whilst the results on the pitch are positive and things haven't got so boring to the point i can't watch, i'm happy to ride the wave and if that's nicking 1 nil wins, then so be it. If Ashley finally seen sense and binned Pardew for a top European coach, I’ll be just as happy as the next fan, but I won’t be holding my breath for it. And if Ashley sacked Pardew and brought in another side stepper, well...i don't even want to think of that scenario happening again tbh.