Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opposing boss Tim Sherwood had set out to keep the St James’ faithful quiet.

He said afterwards: “I impressed on the boys that we needed to press them high up the field and try to win the ball back and not let them pass the ball forward and get it to their players in advanced areas.

“They moved it back to their goalie quite often and we nicked it back from them and when we got it back from them, I just felt we could keep it from them, and that’s what we did.

“It gets very frustrating for any crowd to see that.”

Out-thought by another rookie. What a f***ing embarrassment this clown is.

Has Pardew ever delivered any kind of tactical rhetoric like that, explaining what he has set out to achieve, ever?!

That really is a massive kick in the teeth. This is Tim Sherwood we're talking about, and he has already understood exactly how easy it is to completely break a Pardew team built over three years of stewardship.

I see that from the tweets last night and this morning that Mark Douglas thinks Pardew has run his course.

Is he? I saw a tweet just now where he's saying the problems are the same as last year and then were solved by signing players. The implication being none of it is pardew's fault. Again.

Nah, he's saying that Pardew's shiteness was masked by the new signings and will be again if we spend in the summer.

Was that Douglas' view or is he claiming that the board are thinking along those lines?

His view. He added that he doesn't expect any action with the current agenda/ambition.

Below are a selection of tweets that Douglas has posted and he does say that he thinks Pardew should go.  Also said last night that he expects there to be a lot of changes in the next 2-3 months but not sure exactly what they will entail.  In his newspaper articles though he has said that he thinks Pardew is on borrowed time.

Mark Douglas ?@MsiDouglas  2 hrs

@DaveyVasey You're not stopping supporting them, you're just not going. There's a difference....

@DaveyVasey I know mate. But the alternative is what's happening at the moment. Surely that's not acceptable?

@DaveyVasey Difficult to bring together protest groups. And the problem at the heart of it all is that ppl just don't want to turn on club

@DaveyVasey Watch how jumpy they get if the gates start to tumble. I'm not saying I could pack it in (I couldn't) but it will make an impact

@DaveyVasey Chip 5-10,000 off the gate and people start to take notice. I'm not advocating it, but not buying food is drop in ocean

Mark Douglas ?@MsiDouglas  3 hrs

@moonhoover @rammlet It's not 9th with a view to kicking on, it's 9th with no plan and the club going backwards. Manager part of it

Mark Douglas ?@MsiDouglas  4 hrs

@moonhoover @rammlet the point ppl miss is this isn't mediocrity, it's the half way house to ruin. Ppl cancelling ST, players not bothered..

@Patty_518 @JJFletcher7 @LeazesTerrace Exactly what the problem was last year. Solved by... Signing players

@rammlet @moonhoover The national commentaries like Michael Owen see nufc in 9th & think 'what's the fuss?' Correspondents on the ground...                                                                         

@moonhoover You're right tho. Think he has taken it as far as he can. All the 'that was for mike' and signing his name to statements..                                                                             

Mark Douglas ?@MsiDouglas  14 hrs

@dansheridan Grim days Dan. Club in the grip of ppl who burn bridges & don't care. What goes on on the pitch a manifestation of that.

JJ Fletcher ?@JJFletcher7  15h

@MsiDouglas Mark for the love of god and the sanity of all the lads who paid to watch that tonight please print this tomorrow : PARDEW OUT!

Mark Douglas ?@MsiDouglas  15h

@JJFletcher7 Don't blame you for that. Think his race is run, personally

JJ Fletcher ?@JJFletcher7  15h

@MsiDouglas delighted you agree, he's lost the dressing room completely, turned talented players into shadows of themselves! Ive had enough!

Mark Douglas ?@MsiDouglas  14 hrs

@JJFletcher7 Should have gone in the summer IMO...

JJ Fletcher ?@JJFletcher7  14h

@MsiDouglas Agreed! However in Pardew, Ashley has his perfect man! A puppet! What I'd give to see Laudrup take over! But he won't!

Mark Douglas ?@MsiDouglas  15 hrs

@JJFletcher7 It's depressing, isn't it? Sad really

He said afterwards: “I impressed on the boys that we needed to press them high up the field and try to win the ball back and not let them pass the ball forward and get it to their players in advanced areas.

“They moved it back to their goalie quite often and we nicked it back from them and when we got it back from them, I just felt we could keep it from them, and that’s what we did.

Has Pardew ever delivered any kind of tactical rhetoric like that, explaining what he has set out to achieve, ever?!

That really is a massive kick in the teeth. This is Tim Sherwood we're talking about, and he has already understood exactly how easy it is to completely break a Pardew team built over three years of stewardship.

"We put a little pressure on them and they kind of fell apart." :lol: it's ridiculous tbh.

I don't think he's capable of it.  He is a very limited manager tactically and I don't think he has what it takes to analyse a game and modify a foundation gameplan to suit the opposition.  That's why we end up changing formations 18 times a game.  Not to mention that he doesn't even seem to have got a foundation for us to build on anyway, we line up differently every game.  There's no basic root or philosophy that we work from.

"We put a little pressure on them and they kind of fell apart." :lol: it's ridiculous tbh.

I'm very happy TRon posted that actually, because it's a great example of players being given good instructions to follow.

Tottenham did this over the whole game, and we never adjusted. Our players were clearly not given any instructions to counter this, not even at half time.

Instead Pardew was in there screaming "life and limb, lads. Life and limb!". The French boys must have been baffled. Seeking out some kind of translation to make sense of his crazy ramblings.

Guest bimpy474

Who would have thought putting Pardew's team under pressure would cause them to fall apart, i mean how does that happen when the managers tactics contain no intent, no system, no movement and no attacking impetus whatsoever.

Bemusing stuff tbh.

It's not as if Sherwood is some tactical mastermind, he just basically gave his team some clear instructions which were suited to the players he picked. It's not rocket science. Well clearly to some it might be.

"Gaffer, we're getting pressed high up the pitch and closed down aggressively, as we have no speed on the pitch. We're being dominated in possession too as Tottenham are playing three in midfield. What do we do?"

"We put on Dummett for Santon. Dummett for Santon"

Said this 2 years ago. Pardew set up our team to give the ball to the opposition, then see what happens and try to counter. Absolutely rediculous. It was a long ball from Krul every time to Ba/Cisse (neither can win a header or trap it vs a defender), and put Tiote and Cabaye 2 feet from our centre backs so we were never close enough to contest the second ball.

Happened game, after game, after game. Thankfully our defence and midfield were inspired and the individual flukey brilliance of Cisse's purple patch covered it up. I've said it before and was shot down many times, we finished 5th despite Pardew, we finished last season where we did because of him.

It still beggars belief that he got this job! It certainly wasn’t do with his CV credentials…………………..

Reading

4th tier – 11th

4th tier – 10th

4th tier – 3rd

4th tier – 2nd

3rd tier – 4th

Resigned

West Ham

2nd tier – 4th

2nd tier - 6th (won play offs)

1st tier – 9th

Sacked

Charlton

1st tier – 19th

2nd tier – 11th

Sacked

Southampton

3rd tier – 7th

Sacked

NUFC

1st tier – 12th

1st tier – 5th

1st tier – 16th

I'm very happy TRon posted that actually, because it's a great example of players being given good instructions to follow.

Tottenham did this over the whole game, and we never adjusted. Our players were clearly not given any instructions to counter this, not even at half time.

Instead Pardew was in there screaming "life and limb, lads. Life and limb!". The French boys must have been baffled. Seeking out some kind of translation to make sense of his crazy ramblings.

:lol: I hate Pardew because of he makes KaKa so fucking mad.

It still beggars belief that he got this job! It certainly wasn’t do with his CV credentials…………………..

Reading

4th tier – 11th

4th tier – 10th

4th tier – 3rd

4th tier – 2nd

3rd tier – 4th

Resigned

West Ham

2nd tier – 4th

2nd tier - 6th (won play offs)

1st tier – 9th

Sacked

Charlton

1st tier – 19th

2nd tier – 11th

Sacked

Southampton

3rd tier – 7th

Sacked

NUFC

1st tier – 12th

1st tier – 5th

1st tier – 16th

Got to give young British managers a chance marra.

Guest reefatoon

That's true Mike.  He sounds absolutely livid from the remark below.  He needs to give the sailor talk the heave ho, the potty mouthed tinker.

You mean to tell me this guy is still in a job?

He'll no doubt be in all of the papers begging for more time and stability.

The man has no shame and no morals. Just wants to be in the job so he's in the spotlight, on TV every week, and he gets a paid wage.

This guy will never thrive in anything other than say Big Brother, he belongs on a reality TV car crash of a programme.

He's a horrid thing.

He's been completely found out. Bereft of ideas and ability to generate even an ounce of extra motivation - not that players would be motivated anyway due to the club's complete and obvious lack of ambition - from any of the squad. Should have been sacked ages ago, of course, but he's going to have to go soon.

He's taken international-level players and Pardewed them down to headless chickens running around. He's taken wonderfully creative talents and sanded them down to pitiful nubs. He's a fraud and a charlatan.

It's not as if removing him would solve all or even most of the club's problems, but seeing his face as the frontman for this rabble is infuriating.

I wasn't having a swipe at TRon or Sherwood even, just that the simplest of plans seems to completely unravel us.

I'm just hoping the so called riot act yesterday is the final straw with the players, and they just bail out on him now. Just resign him to his fate already.

They cannot possibly have any giveafuck left in them. They're not dumb, they know they play for a team that doesn't want to compete.

I wasn't having a swipe at TRon or Sherwood actually, just that the simplest of plans seems to completely unravel us.

Oh yeah, I know. I was just emphasising both your points really.

It was an effortless destruction of Pardew's top secret training plans, which he goes to so much effort to hide from the prying public, who hand out all his brilliant ideas and strategies to the press.

He's a crazy person.

Only good thing pardew ever did for us was how the kept the team spirit up when we finished 5th.

Team spirit and cisse (+ some more) was the reason we ended 5th. Not his tactics.

Not playing Yanga is an disgrace!

I do not believe he can return from here. Key players (which also should include arfa and yanga) can't be happy. The good results from first half of the season is ignored and not appreciated.

We can only sink deeper now.

3-5 QUALITY PLAYERS IN NEEDED NEXT WINDOW. PROBLEM IS THEY MIGHT STARTING TO THINK TWICE BEFORE COMING HERE - and ashley won't spend, i guess.