Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

"A dead man is one with no ambition"

He's acheived a fair bit TBF, he's manager of Newcastle.

Hitler took over most of Europe, he was still a cunt like.

Guest Dontooner

Was referring to the club, if we had ambition Pardew would not be in charge.

Slowly we will be a dead club.

Guest bimpy474

Was referring to the club, if we had ambition Pardew would not be in charge.

Slowly we will be a dead club.

Ah ok, well we are a club just drifting toward nowhere.

I never thought Pardew was good enough for Newcastle from the day he signed and that's never changed.

You're ignoring the details of my viewpoint to paint broad brush strokes.  Unfortunately it's not a question of him being good enough for Newcastle, but rather whether he's good enough for Ashley. Just keep shouting "stats" as if that weakens my position though.

Why would I care whether he's good enough for Ashley? He's not good enough for a club of this stature so he'll get called for it.

Because he's the man who will employ the next manager and he's been delighted with Pardew, he views him as the best appointment he's made, hence the 8 year deal. 

He's going to give the job to someone who he hopes can match Pardew's last 3 years, not surpass them.

Yeah I get why Ashley's delighted to employ a lickspittle, but I'm a fan so I don't have to agree with it.

The reason I have begrudgingly cautioned against strong opposition in the past is because there is very little that Mike Ashley has done or will ever do that I can put any faith in whatsoever.

We could mount massive pressure against each and every one of his managerial appointments we disagree with and see a consistently worsening situation similar to the relegation season where we went through 72 managers in 9 months.  We could see a far better manager installed, but then I believe that wouldn't last because anyone with any ambition, morals, skill or pride would be at loggerheads with the owner very soon, as we saw with Keggy.

Working for Ashley requires a lick-spittle, yes-man, prick willing to tow the line and not rock the boat.  Pardew is perfect there.

Of course, the whole fear of rocking the boat too much argument, in case of losing points, loses any credence once even the limited expectations placed on the manager cannot be even partially matched. 

Where's your damn spine gone?  What happened to you to make you so afraid of the unknown?

"There are people within the Football Association who think he has potential to be England manager one day.."  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Of course he has, he's the archetypal yes man.

Who are you a yes man for when you manage England?

Sorry I'm not conversant in pidgin.

I never thought Pardew was good enough for Newcastle from the day he signed and that's never changed.

You're ignoring the details of my viewpoint to paint broad brush strokes.  Unfortunately it's not a question of him being good enough for Newcastle, but rather whether he's good enough for Ashley. Just keep shouting "stats" as if that weakens my position though.

Why would I care whether he's good enough for Ashley? He's not good enough for a club of this stature so he'll get called for it.

Because he's the man who will employ the next manager and he's been delighted with Pardew, he views him as the best appointment he's made, hence the 8 year deal. 

He's going to give the job to someone who he hopes can match Pardew's last 3 years, not surpass them.

Yeah I get why Ashley's delighted to employ a lickspittle, but I'm a fan so I don't have to agree with it.

The reason I have begrudgingly cautioned against strong opposition in the past is because there is very little that Mike Ashley has done or will ever do that I can put any faith in whatsoever.

We could mount massive pressure against each and every one of his managerial appointments we disagree with and see a consistently worsening situation similar to the relegation season where we went through 72 managers in 9 months.  We could see a far better manager installed, but then I believe that wouldn't last because anyone with any ambition, morals, skill or pride would be at loggerheads with the owner very soon, as we saw with Keggy.

Working for Ashley requires a lick-spittle, yes-man, prick willing to tow the line and not rock the boat.  Pardew is perfect there.

Of course, the whole fear of rocking the boat too much argument, in case of losing points, loses any credence once even the limited expectations placed on the manager cannot be even partially matched. 

Where's your damn spine gone?  What happened to you to make you so afraid of the unknown?

It's not unknown. We have 7 years of evidence showing how ashley works with managers.  Good and bad.

The stability might suit Fat Mike but unless you are prepared to build on it then it can only go one way and that's down. Even if fans sit silent and swallow the crap being spoon fed to them, the better players won't hang around to tread water and aim for top 10. At some point in the 5 year 10 year plan you have to progress the playing squad and the coaching otherwise you will end up sliding backwards and relegation will threaten once more. Are you looking forward to next season?

I've not looked forward to any season in 5 years.  Alan Curbishley wouldn't change that.

It's not unknown. We have 7 years of evidence showing how ashley works with managers.  Good and bad.

Allardyce - Binned after 6 months

KK - walked out after 6 months

Joe Kinnear - Ill health

Shearer - Never called back after 8 games

Hughton - sacked after promotion and a steady start in the prem league

Pardew - here forever

Hardley a great track record of working with managers.  :lol:

The stability might suit Fat Mike but unless you are prepared to build on it then it can only go one way and that's down. Even if fans sit silent and swallow the crap being spoon fed to them, the better players won't hang around to tread water and aim for top 10. At some point in the 5 year 10 year plan you have to progress the playing squad and the coaching otherwise you will end up sliding backwards and relegation will threaten once more. Are you looking forward to next season?

I've not looked forward to any season in 5 years.  Alan Curbishley wouldn't change that.

No he wouldn't, but if he played rank football and kept losing derbies he'd be getting abuse too. No one can make Ashley do the right thing but we can let him know that hiring deadbeats isn't good enough.

Joe Kinnear - Ill health

Pardew - here forever

Yeah but we do also have the second longest serving manager in the Premier League.

Stat Paradox.

Joe Kinnear - Ill health

Pardew - here forever

Yeah but we do also have the second longest serving manager in the Premier League.

Stat Paradox.

Dat stability

No he wouldn't, but if he played rank football and kept losing derbies he'd be getting abuse too. No one can make Ashley do the right thing but we can let him know that hiring deadbeats isn't good enough.

This is a good argument TBF.

Although not many people would claim you can't abuse Pardew if you dislike him. That's an essential part of being a football fan.

"There are people within the Football Association who think he has potential to be England manager one day.."  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Of course he has, he's the archetypal yes man.

Who are you a yes man for when you manage England?

Still not going in. Sorry. Unless you mean why and not who? In which case as someone said earlier,  the FA tend to go for the safe option. See Clough vs Greenwood.

Although not many people would claim you can't abuse Pardew if you dislike him. That's an essential part of being a football fan.

It's not even about disliking Pardew for me, it's what he produces as a manager on the pitch. He changes styles of football week to week. No manager suddenly decides to start playing passing football unless he's one who never really understood it in the first place. Yes we might finish 9th but the season was over at Christmas and we aren't showing signs of progress. Tbh I would rather see us finishing 12th if I could see things were going in the right direction.

It's not even about disliking Pardew for me, it's what he produces as a manager on the pitch. He changes styles of football week to week. No manager suddenly decides to start playing passing football unless he's one who never really understood it in the first place. Yes we might finish 9th but the season was over at Christmas and we aren't showing signs of progress. Tbh I would rather see us finishing 12th if I could see things were going in the right direction.

Yeah, there's not really much of an argument against that, I don't like his style either ideally.

Guest bimpy474

I doubt we're gonna finish 8th or 9th, to be honest. Looking at our recent form, I'd snap someone's hands off if they offered me that.

I dunno, it wouldn't take much of a pick-up in form to see it fairly secure again. Now we have some players coming back.

This is true, 2 wins and were safe for 9th.

With HBA and Marv on the bench, only Remy can really score goals for us. Who's gonna provide him the service, or balls for Shola to expertly knockdown? Oh right, Sammy. Who usually gets taken off even when he's playing well.

I just have no faith anymore, sorry lads. :(

I doubt we're gonna finish 8th or 9th, to be honest. Looking at our recent form, I'd snap someone's hands off if they offered me that.

I dunno, it wouldn't take much of a pick-up in form to see it fairly secure again. Now we have some players coming back.

This is true, 2 wins and were safe for 9th.

Theres some utter dross below us like.

Guest bimpy474

It really shows how much interest Ashley has lost. He sacked Fat Sam because the football was awful, hires KK and treats him like shit and wonders why he got stick. Got luckyish with Hughton getting us up. Appoints this idiot and doesn't care what the football is like now.