Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benefit of what doubt over Ben Arfa?  Frankly I couldn't give a fuck if he rapes Pardews cat and pisses on his car every day.  I don't care what his attitude is off the pitch, I can see with my own eyes that he creates chances when he's on the pitch so he should be starting.

He creates chances for us and the opposing team because he isn't very disciplined. Sometimes he'll take the extra few touches and do something magical. Other times he's running down dead ends.

I understand why some fans like him playing, but I also understand why a coach might be reluctant to play him.

When does he create chance for the other team?  I mean give me examples beyond the amount of times the likes of Gouffran or Tiote or numerous other players give the ball away and create chances for the other team.  Sorry man but its a nonsense, a myth.  As for running down dead ends, at his worst he pushes forward and actually threatens the opposition.  Against Palace he came on and created more chances in 30 minutes than most had all game, three clear cut chances one of which we won the game from.  Against Everton he came on on created our only real chance up till that point and that was 57 minutes in, laid it on a plate for Anita after some great skill and that should have gotten us back into the game.  But nah forget that Pardew subbed him during a game again so the scapegoat can't be trusted, unlike that realiable lad Gouffran who in the same game passed the ball right accross our area and gave Southampton a clear run on goal which they should really have scored from, but he stays on the pitch despite giving it away, doing nothing down the other end and generally being shit, because he's one of Pards good tacklers.

Pardew - like most modern, successful managers - likes to defend from the front. Our attacking players have defensive responsibilities forcing errors and limiting the opposition's time on the ball. For all he looks great with the ball at his feet, we have players who are stronger when it comes to hassling the opposition. That's part of why Ba was such a success here and why Shola's continued inclusion is baffling.

Again, not saying HBA wouldn't be in my team. Just saying that him not playing every week isn't as criminal as some seem to believe. There are some games I'd want him nowhere near the pitch. Any tight games, like the games against the mackems, for example. He played both and offered nowt of note.

Like when he came on against them in 2012 and turned the game around for us? He's a match winner and 10x the player anyone else in our squad is.

On Ben Arfa, it's a mystery to me. Pardew has managed him reasonably well in the past, no idea why he's suddenly such a problem.

Not meaning to be a cunt like, but this sentence is pretty galling.

Strange choice of words. I don't actually have any input you know.

Think it's fairly obvious that he's not go the first clue how to get the best out of Ben Arfa. He doesn't know where to play him, he doesn't trust him and he can't motivate him. To mask his own failings he's frozen the lad out and we'll end up selling him on for a pittance because the daft cunt is atrocious at his job.

All of that is pretty disgusting but the fact it's inevitably going to be spun as getting a rotten egg out when he moves on is beyond disgraceful. Good managers can deal with talented, possibly moody, players and get the best out of them. The wank managers sell them on because they're not good enough to do their job. Guess which category this slimy prick falls into.

Problem for Pardew is that he's burned his bridges with Ben Arfa and now looks like a mug every time he recalls him due to injuries or a bad set of results. You wouldn't blame him to put in a half arsed display if he's picked tomorrow, but I think he'll still give it a good go personally. He strikes me as a player who just likes to be on the ball making things happen. I would love to see him for once just given licence to pick the ball up and run at the opposition in their half without worrying about stopping their full back. We're going to lose anyway, might as well see some glimpses of HBA magic while we can.

Think it's fairly obvious that he's not go the first clue how to get the best out of Ben Arfa. He doesn't know where to play him, he doesn't trust him and he can't motivate him. To mask his own failings he's frozen the lad out and we'll end up selling him on for a pittance because the daft c*** is atrocious at his job.

All of that is pretty disgusting but the fact it's inevitably going to be spun as getting a rotten egg out when he moves on is beyond disgraceful. Good managers can deal with talented, possibly moody, players and get the best out of them. The w*** managers sell them on because they're not good enough to do their job. Guess which category this slimy prick falls into.

:clap:

Problem for Pardew is that he's burned his bridges with Ben Arfa and now looks like a mug every time he recalls him due to injuries or a bad set of results. You wouldn't blame him to put in a half arsed display if he's picked tomorrow, but I think he'll still give it a good go personally. He strikes me as a player who just likes to be on the ball making things happen. I would love to see him for once just given licence to pick the ball up and run at the opposition in their half without worrying about stopping their full back. We're going to lose anyway, might as well see some glimpses of HBA magic while we can.

That's largely my approach to it, too. With the kids I coach you always want to get them to try shit, even if it doesn't work out.

But I suppose my remit is to make them better players, not to win high stakes premier league matches.

Think it's fairly obvious that he's not go the first clue how to get the best out of Ben Arfa. He doesn't know where to play him, he doesn't trust him and he can't motivate him. To mask his own failings he's frozen the lad out and we'll end up selling him on for a pittance because the daft c*** is atrocious at his job.

All of that is pretty disgusting but the fact it's inevitably going to be spun as getting a rotten egg out when he moves on is beyond disgraceful. Good managers can deal with talented, possibly moody, players and get the best out of them. The w*** managers sell them on because they're not good enough to do their job. Guess which category this slimy prick falls into.

:clap:

Agreed, he absolutely rapes him, there.

There's a reason other clubs aren't kicking down our down trying to sign a player that Pardew obviously has issues with. That's enough for me to assume that maybe Pardew isn't just being a complete moron over HBA.

You could make assumptions based on past attitude problems or the fact we haven't had a big transfer bid for Ben Arfa or you could trust your own eyes and judgment on the player.  Personally I'd go for the second option.  Because frankly the first point has no baring on the fact that the lad creates chances on the pitch and the second isn't surprising considering he's played so sporadically and only has a year left on his contract.  Its obvious why Pardew isn't playing him, its reflected in every aspect of his management.  His idea of Football is hard work and grinding out results, get ahead and desperately defend, he's a coward who accepts no responsibility for failure, surely nobody can doubt this after 4 years of watching the fucker?  If his one dimensional game plan fails he's got Ben Arfa to try to dig him out of the shit, and if he doesn't he's also got a scapegoat.

Personally, I don't give a fuck how many tackles Ben Arfa makes, how much he tracks back or runs around like a headless chicken.

He should be receiving the ball in an advanced position and hurting the oposition.  That's it.  That's the one job he should be doing.  Unfortunately we have a retard in charge who see's nothing but having 'a tackle' on the field and rates his players by the amount of 'effort' they put in.  He'd have had Messi playing as an auxilliary full back if he was in his squad.

Pardew's a f***ing incapable, cliche ridden arsehole who hasn't got a clue how to manage anyone with talent let alone set a team up.

Almost boring myself typing this comment about him, almost completely devoid of interest in the subject thesedays. I lost patience now I've almost lost care. Utterly atrocious manager, a puppet yes man and w***** to boot.

Pardew - like most modern, successful managers - likes to defend from the front. Our attacking players have defensive responsibilities forcing errors and limiting the opposition's time on the ball. For all he looks great with the ball at his feet, we have players who are stronger when it comes to hassling the opposition. That's part of why Ba was such a success here and why Shola's continued inclusion is baffling.

Again, not saying HBA wouldn't be in my team. Just saying that him not playing every week isn't as criminal as some seem to believe. There are some games I'd want him nowhere near the pitch. Any tight games, like the games against the mackems, for example. He played both and offered nowt of note.

WTF?

You're ignoring his track record at West Ham with Mascherano and Tevez then? I'm sure there are convenient excuses for that too that he's trotted out which people will buy into. Those two players kept them  up once this fool was sacked.

Tevez was definitely a player he should have been playing.

But even at Liverpool it took Mascherano quite a while before he looked like a Premier League player. He was right to use him sparingly.

Mascherano had an excellent debut at Liverpool. First game he looked fantastic. IIRC 10 minutes in he made a world class tackle and instantly you knew the guy was good.

As for Tevez, he looked good nearly immediately under Curbishly and was a one man army within a couple of months. Given that he was on the bench under Pardew but immediately in the team under Curbishley you have to question Pardew's judgement here. You can argue all you want that maybe Tevez (and Mascherano) needed the time to settle, it's impossible to know, but it's still scandalous that Pardew stuck with Harewood and Mullins over two genuine world class talent and had Mascherano in particular playing with the reserves.

From Mascherano's wikipedia (quotes are sourced but I remember the general view on him at the time anyway):

Mascherano made his debut for Liverpool against Sheffield United on 24 February 2007,[24] and was praised by the Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez and team captain Steven Gerrard after Liverpool's 4–0 victory. After playing in a match against Arsenal on 31 March, Benítez called Mascherano a "monster of a player".[25] Similarly, his teammates were impressed by his talent; Xabi Alonso noted how mature a player he was for his age, saying: "He has a cool mind on the pitch. He is analysing and thinking about the game in each moment."[6]

Honestly, saying "at Liverpool it took Mascherano quite a while before he looked like a Premier League player" is just making things up. Question then has to be 'why?'.

I think the crowd will turn today if we take a good beating (which I am expecting). Be prepared for the backlash from the national press/media tomorrow though if it does happen. How dare we call for the man who has done a great job with his hands tied, has us 8th with no relegation threat etc to be sacked, what do we expect. They have no idea.

The guy played Marlon Harewood and left Carlos Tevez on the bench.  One played for such illustrious clubs as Barnsley, Blackpool and Bristol City while the other had to make do scraping a career at the likes of Corinthians, Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus (not to mention being capped by that well known international minnow Argentina).

Hayden Mullins, FA cup runner up, was preferred in midfield to Champions League, La Liga, Copa del Rey, Primera Division, Campeonato, Supercopa de España, Uefa Super Cup and Fifa Club World cup winner Javier Mascherano.

It's gonna make you look a little mental if you try and somehow justify that.