Spurs Away Support

Disco

Guest kingdawson

"Fact is Spurs can't even fill 36,000 for a League game half the time" = LIE

"yet one week later Boro end sold out and there's 2,000 empty seats in the Spurs end" = LIE

"Your entitled to a 3000 allocation for pompey away" = LIE

I guess you lie so often, sometimes you dont even know your doing it. I suggest you find out the FACTS before you type.

"yet one week later Boro end sold out and there's 2,000 empty seats in the Spurs end" = LIE

I guess you lie so often, sometimes you dont even know your doing it. I suggest you find out the FACTS before you type.

Firstly why did only get 34,000 against Boro the other night then  :lol: with tickets on general sale right up till kick off. 

That's what Boro reckon.

Why do clubs like Man Utd, us and Southampton get 3,000 then.  Perhaps it's because Spurs are such a big attraction and Pompey want more home end tickets to meet higher demand.  (We really need a wanker smiley for occasions like this)

Guest kingdawson

Firstly why did only get 34,000 against Boro the other night then :lol: with tickets on general sale right up till kick off.

That's what Boro reckon.

Why do clubs like Man Utd, us and Southampton get 3,000 then. Perhaps it's because Spurs are such a big attraction and they want more home end tickets. (We really need a wanker smiley for occasions like this)

Oh i get it now. So by getting 34,000 in one home league fixture it automatically means we "can't even fill 36,000 for a League game half the time" :roll:

So you made a false statement going on what "boro reckon". No doubt you're lying again.

Im guessing this is just another case of you putting some random attendence numbers together then throwing some random teams into the mix and then going on as if it was a fact.

Firstly why did only get 34,000 against Boro the other night then :lol: with tickets on general sale right up till kick off.

That's what Boro reckon.

Why do clubs like Man Utd, us and Southampton get 3,000 then. Perhaps it's because Spurs are such a big attraction and they want more home end tickets. (We really need a wanker smiley for occasions like this)

Oh i get it now. So by getting 34,000 in one home league fixture it automatically means we "can't even fill 36,000 for a League game half the time" :roll:

So you made a false statement going on what "boro reckon". No doubt you're lying again.

Im guessing this is just another case of you putting some random attendence numbers together then throwing some random teams into the mix and then going on as if it was a fact.

The capacity of White Hart Lane since April 1998 36,260

98/99 13 gates under 36,000 - average gate 34,174 -

99/00 10 gates under 36,000 - average gate 34,912 - 28,107 v Newcastle  :lol:

00/01 9 gates under 36,000 - average gate 35,195

01/02 8 gates under 36,000 - average gate 35,001

02/03 6 gates under 36,000 - average gate 35,897

03/04 13 gates under 36,000 - average gate 34,876

04/05 10 gates under 36,000 - average gate 35,926

05/06 3 gates under 36,000 - average gate 36,074

06/07 8 home games played 4 under 36,000 - which is equal to "half the time you can't even get 36,000"

So since the start of 98/99 there have been 160 games at WHL 76 haven't been at capacity, so me saying you can't get 36,000 half the time is entirely true.

Of the tickets Boro returned 1109 according to "Martin Jol".  They all went on general sale, no one wanted them, which is why those seats remained empty, not enough demand, not a big enough club to fill 36,000 for an important league game against Middlesborugh.

Spurs support is fucking shit and always has been.

They had 1100 up here in 2004 when they beat us 1-0 in one of Robsons last games in charge.

They never ever take the 3000 offered for league games.

Prices for league games at St James's Park range up to £75.00 for ALL home games regardless of opposition so fuck right off you pair of cockney cunts with your £71 blah blah category A match shite.

Guest Rushian

That's all well and good Rushian, so why do Man Utd, Southampton and Newcastle get 3,000 tickets for that fixture?

Do they? Have you got links to show this?

I know Liverpool were only offered 2100 in the league at the end of last season which has nothing to so with the size of our away support as we have always sold out down there including a much larger allocation for a Sunday FA Cup tie at Fratton kicking off at 6pm (surely the most ludicrous mucking about of fixtures by TV in years).

Guest Gemmill

I'm really at a loss as to why you come on here, kingdawson.  Firstly, let me just point out that pretty much everyone thinks you're a tit.  Now taking that into account, if you were at a clear advantage in terms of intelligence and were coming on here to run rings around people and make them look silly, I could just about see you coming on for the entertainment value.  The thing is though, you're clearly quite thick, you get your arse wiped most of the time when you come on here, and yet you still keep coming back for further humiliation.

What's the attraction?

99/00 10 gates under 36,000 - average gate 34,912 - 28,107 v Newcastle :lol:

06/07 8 home games played 4 under 36,000 - which is equal to "half the time you can't even get 36,000"

Not that I give a shit about this incredibly puerile argument, but you could point out that if the capacity is 36,000 and the average for that season is over 35,000, then it is pretty much safe to say that every game was either close enough to a sellout to actually be one (ie 35,900 is a sell out effectively) or there were games when away teams didnt fill their allocation.

Not that I give a shit about this incredibly puerile argument, but you could point out that if the capacity is 36,000 and the average for that season is over 35,000, then it is pretty much safe to say that every game was either close enough to a sellout to actually be one (ie 35,900 is a sell out effectively) or there were games when away teams didnt fill their allocation.

not really as you have to remember that  because it is an average then there has to be a good few games where the actual attendance is below even that.

Guest Rushian
not really as you have to remember that  because it is an average then there has to be a good few games where the actual attendance is below even that.

It also depends on how the individual clubs report their attendances. Some report tickets sold (incl. season tickets) others people who actually turn up on the day.

I'm really at a loss as to why you come on here, kingdawson.  Firstly, let me just point out that pretty much everyone thinks you're a tit.  Now taking that into account, if you were at a clear advantage in terms of intelligence and were coming on here to run rings around people and make them look silly, I could just about see you coming on for the entertainment value.  The thing is though, you're clearly quite thick, you get your arse wiped most of the time when you come on here, and yet you still keep coming back for further humiliation.

What's the attraction?

Exactly, a Tottenham fan defending their attendances to the Newcastle fans, is like a Fulham supporter defending theirs to Man Utd supporters.

Kingdawson "offline"  :)

not really as you have to remember that because it is an average then there has to be a good few games where the actual attendance is below even that.

But not that many, as the attendance can never be above 36000 - so for the average to be almost 36k, the lowest gates must have been still quite close to that, or the average would be much lower. If you get my drift.

Not that I care about their attendances, my main objection to Spurs fans is one half decent season and they think they're Barcelona all of a sudden.

not really as you have to remember that because it is an average then there has to be a good few games where the actual attendance is below even that.

But not that many, as the attendance can never be above 36000 - so for the average to be almost 36k, the lowest gates must have been still quite close to that, or the average would be much lower. If you get my drift.

Not that I care about their attendances, my main objection to Spurs fans is one half decent season and they think they're Barcelona all of a sudden.

you can use that last sentence for ecerton aswell.

Guest kingdawson

That's all well and good Rushian, so why do Man Utd, Southampton and Newcastle get 3,000 tickets for that fixture?

I know Liverpool were only offered 2100 in the league at the end of last season which has nothing to so with the size of our away support as we have always sold out down there including a much larger allocation for a Sunday FA Cup tie at Fratton kicking off at 6pm (surely the most ludicrous mucking about of fixtures by TV in years).

thats the thing, he hardly ever has any links or any sufficient evidence to back up the things he types. He gives us these vital statistics, sprinkles some numbers on top and WOLAH we now have Stevie's make beleive facts. Some of you (as much as it pains me to say) actually come up with some pretty decent arguments but that guy is a complete joke.

thats the thing, he hardly ever has any links or any sufficient evidence to back up the things he types. He gives us these vital statistics, sprinkles some numbers on top and WOLAH we now have Stevie's make beleive facts. Some of you (as much as it pains me to say) actually come up with some pretty decent arguments but that guy is a complete joke.

I've countered everything you've said (with evidence) you boring mug.  Ban this cock or ban me.  As Gemmill pointed out if you had basic intelligence, then banter could exist here, you don't though so even posting is a waste of time for you.

Sunday at 6pm? thats not that bad we had 5000 at Watford on a winter Wednesday at 7.45pm

Guest kingdawson

I've countered everything you've said (with evidence) you boring mug. Ban this cock or ban me. As Gemmill pointed out if you had basic intelligence, then banter could exist here, you don't though so even posting is a waste of time for you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:. You've now resorted to giving out ultimatums on a messageboard. The way you react to me leads me to beleive you're really the school kid on this board. Ive always complied to the forum rules so i see no reason why i should be banned. Stop crying and man up little boy :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Sunday at 6pm? thats not that bad we had 5000 at Watford on a winter Wednesday at 7.45pm

Liverpool's away support has been alright for a good few years, you could say even since Souness left, but so it should be, Liverpool have more support in some parts of the country than home teams, I think there are easily as many Liverpool glory hunters, as there are Man Utd, but obviously Man Utd have the bigger local support.  Numerically I'd never knock their away support.  However for a team who are labelled "provinicial", taking 5,000 to places like Wigan and Watford in the League Cup is phenomenal, but we'll never get the praise we deserve.  No one else would take 5,000 there for those fixtures other than teams within 40 miles of those two towns.

At least you can debate away support with Liverpool, Man Utd, Celtic fans etc.... but Tottenham fuckin Hotspur, do me a favour.

I've countered everything you've said (with evidence) you boring mug. Ban this cock or ban me. As Gemmill pointed out if you had basic intelligence, then banter could exist here, you don't though so even posting is a waste of time for you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:. You've now resorted to giving out ultimatums on a messageboard. The way you react to me leads me to beleive you're really the school kid on this board. Ive always complied to the forum rules so i see no reason why i should be banned. Stop crying and man up little boy :lol: :lol: :lol: 

You're shit though and boring, reading your posts is an actual effort.  Every time you post, I and I'm sure many others think "why does this person exist?".

Guest kingdawson

You're shit though and boring, reading your posts is an actual effort. Every time you post, I and I'm sure many others think "why does this person exist?".

Hold on one minute, i hope you werent the poster who previously had English hooligans throwing chairs as hes avator?

Says the snotty nosed kid whose ring piece would look like a startled gold fish if he ever actually met stevie.

You're shit though and boring, reading your posts is an actual effort. Every time you post, I and I'm sure many others think "why does this person exist?".

Hold on one minute, i hope you werent the poster who previously had English hooligans throwing chairs as hes avator?

Oh dear

You're pretty well spot on regarding the attendances, Spurs report attendances on bodies going through the gates, not tickets sold, so the money is received even though there might not be a bum on the seat.  Matthew Collecott, the Finance Director said in the Annual Accounts published today "FA Premier League gate receipts increased by 4%, which reflects increases in ticket prices rather than capacity as we invariably play to a full house. The ongoing challenge remains maximising the number of ways we utilise the Stadium as season tickets have remained at record levels and the waiting list is ever increasing and heads towards 20,000."

http://admin.tottenhamhotspur.com/docstore/prelimresultsdec8.doc

Can't honestly agree that Spurs fans, generally speaking, think we are anywhere near Barcelona, EPL Top 4 etc, most are realistic to accept that we are probably at least 3 years away from making a serious challenge on the top 4, let alone Barcelona!  I'd happily settle for a top 6 finish this season, although I think we'll come up short tbh.