The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Robben has an acre of space on the right, but instead cuts inside and walks into a wall of Arsenal players.

Such a one-trick pony it's ridiculous. How he's still effective is a mystery to me.

That one trick is wonderfully effective

Preferred Bayern under Heynckes tbh - bit more cut and thrust, and directness.

Well, yes, but I think Guardiola has done a good job of balancing his possession-based play with more dynamism, making Bayern good to watch.

There's so much technical ability in midfield; you have to wait a long time to see a misplaced pass or poor ball-control. The team also seems to be as well-conditioned as his Barça team. Hard to see who's going to stop them.

Robben has an acre of space on the right, but instead cuts inside and walks into a wall of Arsenal players.

Such a one-trick pony it's ridiculous. How he's still effective is a mystery to me.

But is it? He's cut on to his left and curled the ball towards the far post 3 times? 4 times? With no success. He hasn't really done anything else with the ball, hasn't found a teammate in the box, nothing. For all he looks menacing when he's skipping down the right with the ball, the outcome has been the same every bloody time.

But is it? He's cut on to his left and curled the ball towards the far post 3 times? 4 times? With no success. He hasn't really done anything else with the ball, hasn't found a teammate in the box, nothing. For all he looks menacing when he's skipping down the right with the ball, the outcome has been the same every bloody time.

I was thinking more in general it is very effective but even in this game he has been very dangerous

Wat

Can't get over that second goal. So infuriatingly soft. Reminds me of the time we threw away points against Spurs the other year with a daft rush of blood to the head - and got done with a swift counter by Bale/Lennon(?).