The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Clear red to me, as if people on here wouldn't be shouting for the GK to be sent off if it happened against us.

It's not a "typical no red card" situation.

But, when you consider what kind of game it is, what is at stage, it's still 1st half, still an very open game... you shouldn't sent him off - it kills the game. A yellow and a penalty - which would normally mean 1-0 to Bayern - should be enough.

The rules need to be changed. That's a red 100% of the time today but IMO it shouldn't be like that.

Guest bimpy474

Booing Robben for that :anguish:

Aye, a bit embarrasing really. He was taken clean out.. :lol:

Reputation i suppose.

And being a former Chelsea player perhaps. Still, a brilliant piece of skill and then a clear foul, not even close to a dive or owt.

I agree it was a clear foul. The red card thing, i have the opinion of if it's missed the player keeps the red card, if the penalty is scored the player stays on and gets a yellow. Even then i think that's interfering too much. No one will ever be satisfied whatever the rule is now, or if it's changed.

Clear red to me, as if people on here wouldn't be shouting for the GK to be sent off if it happened against us.

It's not a "typical no red card" situation.

But, when you consider what kind of game it is, what is at stage, it's still 1st half, still an very open game... you shouldn't sent him off - it kills the game. A yellow and a penalty - which would normally mean 1-0 to Bayern - should be enough.

None of this should matter at all like.

Definite pen, debatable red

Don't see why everybody is complaining btw. Seemed well cynical/"professional"

Complaining about the rule mostly.

Outside of the box that's a 100% sending off, so I don't get the debate.. :dontknow:

A red and a penalty being too harsh. Complaining about the rule book, not that incident.

I don't think it is tbh. A pen can be missed, so why would only a pen be satisfactory when it's a red outside of the box (last man, goalscoring chance and all that jazz). Now, a suspension I can see as harsh, but a pen + sending off seems about allright to me.

If you miss the penalty it's your fault. One incident shouldn't be deciding the whole tie. Yellow+penalty or red+free kick is the way to go IMO.

Outside of the box that's a 100% sending off, so I don't get the debate.. :dontknow:

A red and a penalty being too harsh. Complaining about the rule book, not that incident.

I don't think it is tbh. A pen can be missed, so why would only a pen be satisfactory when it's a red outside of the box (last man, goalscoring chance and all that jazz). Now, a suspension I can see as harsh, but a pen + sending off seems about allright to me.

If you miss the penalty it's your fault. One incident shouldn't be deciding the whole tie. Yellow+penalty or red+free kick is the way to go IMO.

How is it your fault if the pen is missed when you could theoretically have pissed the ball in when you were fouled? A pen is hardly a guaranteed goal.

How is it your fault if the pen is missed when you could theoretically have p*ssed the ball in when you were fouled? A pen is hardly a guaranteed goal.

This is another possibility by bimpy: The red card thing, i have the opinion of if it's missed the player keeps the red card, if the penalty is scored the player stays on and gets a yellow.

Daniel Storey (@danielstorey85) tweeted at 8:49 pm on Wed, Feb 19, 2014:

Idea - Make penalty like a shootout pen. If it's scored then yellow, if missed - red. If team wants to deliberately miss pen for red, fine.

Thoughts?

Guest bimpy474

Idea - Make penalty like a shootout pen. If it's scored then yellow, if missed - red. If team wants to deliberately miss pen for red, fine.

Thoughts?

I've already said nearly that.

Thoughts?

What happens if they score off the rebound?

Thoughts?

3 minutes in the sin bin and team loses a time out.

Guest bimpy474

Thoughts?

That's why it says, make it a penalty shootout pen, no rebounds in other words.

I hope Bayern absolutely cream them now.

I don't understand why any fan of a team not regularly in the CL in this country would want anything other than the English teams in it to do as badly as possible.

Them doing well just increases the enormous financial have/have not gulf that the CL creates in the first place. It is totally, totally not in our interest, no matter how much know-nothing idiots like Clive Tyldesley think otherwise.

Also, I want the list of English teams to have won the big cup to remain as exclusive as possible, but I shall whisper it only on here.

Thoughts?

Well, if it's like a shootout pen, it counts as a miss and the red card is applied.

Thoughts?

Well, if it's like a shootout pen, it counts as a miss and the red card is applied.

Too complicated.

Anything that involves changing the laws of the game is wrong. As proven by this last-man-on-goal nonsense in the first place.