The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Guest hatem garrincha

Will it be Thiago Silva and David Luiz at CB for Brazil, Felip? What's your expected/preferred starting XI?

Yeah. I don't expect any changes from the team in the Confed unless someone gets injured. Can see David Luiz moved towards midfield if Luiz Gustavo suffers an injury even if we have Fernandiinho, just because Scolari will want the DM to have some height and go down in defence to act 3rd CB at times when the fullbacks push on.

Only change I could see happening is Ramires playing instead of Paulinho if Paulinho keeps sitting on the bench for the Spurs. (Sherwood is a w*****)

Haven't seen the confed. What was Brazil starting 11 ?

Cesar

Alves TSilva DLuiz Marcelo

Gustavo  Paulinho

Hulk        Oscar        Neymar

Fred

Fred still alive ?!

Well depends, he's constantly injured, but he's football has never been better. Not best #9 we've had, but is apparently a huge influence in the dresssing room as well as an extremely intelligent players with his back to the goal and gives his all in our all-pitch-pressure.

Swedish football fans are so f***ing small time man it's unreal. :anguish:

Every bar that shows football tonight will have been packed with Zlatan-fans cheering on PSG. The first bar I went to, when Lavezzi scored, I thought it was the world cup and Sweden had just scored, it was that mental. Grow the f*** up and support a team, not a player.

As for the game, stupid move from PSG to start defending as soon as they scored, but they did really well in the second half and deserved the win. Lavezzi is such a lovely player to watch, must cover an insane amount each game.

Zlatan is special, let them enjoy him. I would give anything to get the next Zlatan (or Litmanen) in the near future. :anguish:

Nah. Fair enough if you have decided to only support Zlatan and then celebrate when he scores, but jumping around, shouting when Lavezzi scores pretending you're a big PSG fan is pathetic. These cunts made me support fucking Chelsea tonight man :anguish:

Every bar that shows football tonight will have been packed with Zlatan-fans cheering on PSG. The first bar I went to, when Lavezzi scored, I thought it was the world cup and Sweden had just scored, it was that mental. Grow the f*** up and support a team, not a player.

As for the game, stupid move from PSG to start defending as soon as they scored, but they did really well in the second half and deserved the win. Lavezzi is such a lovely player to watch, must cover an insane amount each game.

Zlatan is special, let them enjoy him. I would give anything to get the next Zlatan (or Litmanen) in the near future. :anguish:

Nah. Fair enough if you have decided to only support Zlatan and then celebrate when he scores, but jumping around, shouting when Lavezzi scores pretending you're a big PSG fan is pathetic. These c***s made me support f***ing Chelsea tonight man :anguish:

Not much wrong in it tbf. I'd expect them to celebrate the same way if it was Elmander playing for PSG scoring goals. It's worse when media like the Brazilian with Neymar and Swedish with Zlatan wank all over whatever they do. They can have a terrible game yet they're praised above the skies.

Disagree. How can you claim to have supported Inter and Milan for example? Let's pretend for a second here that Altidore isn't utter wank, and that we bought him in the summer. Like fuck would anyone on here accept a yank claiming that he supported the mackems this season and now he supports us. That's what an entire nation is doing, and I'm not having it.

Your second part is true though, that's even worse. Luckily there hasn't been that much of it lately as Zlatan has been immense, but earlier in his career when he wasn't anywhere near as good or consistent it was quite horrible. A good touch? "ZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUPER ZLAAAAAATAAAAAAAN!!!!!!"

Disagree. How can you claim to have supported Inter and Milan for example? Let's pretend for a second here that Altidore isn't utter w***, and that we bought him in the summer. Like f*** would anyone on here accept a yank claiming that he supported the mackems this season and now he supports us. That's what an entire nation is doing, and I'm not having it.

Your second part is true though, that's even worse. Luckily there hasn't been that much of it lately as Zlatan has been immense, but earlier in his career when he wasn't anywhere near as good or consistent it was quite horrible. A good touch? "ZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUPER ZLAAAAAATAAAAAAAN!!!!!!"

Well I clearly agree with you to some extent. I'm just saying that personally I really enjoy seeing the Brazilians do well, obviously I don't act like I support them. What I am saying is that it's understandable that some are happy when Zlatans team does well, while obviously calling themselves fan of that club would be a bit silly.

Disagree. How can you claim to have supported Inter and Milan for example? Let's pretend for a second here that Altidore isn't utter w***, and that we bought him in the summer. Like f*** would anyone on here accept a yank claiming that he supported the mackems this season and now he supports us. That's what an entire nation is doing, and I'm not having it.

Very similar to lets say fulham with dempsey and mcbride, not sure about donavan who had two spells for everton though.

Huge difference between wanting someone to do well and act like you've supported their team all your life. With you, I get the feeling like you want the likes of Neymar to do well because it'll benefit Brazil, but it goes way beyond that with Zlatan over here. You surely have seen this as well like, people swapping their favourite teams every other season? I just think it's pathetic and quite sad tbh.

As someone from a middling football nation I find it hard to understand. I enjoyed watching Bradley play for Roma (especially under Zeman), and have a soft spot for Fulham I never once celebrated their results or goals. There's a lot of different types of fans here, some just follow US players in Europe but never commit to a team, others picked Fulham a few years ago, but they've stuck with them at least.

Huge difference between wanting someone to do well and act like you've supported their team all your life. With you, I get the feeling like you want the likes of Neymar to do well because it'll benefit Brazil, but it goes way beyond that with Zlatan over here. You surely have seen this as well like, people swapping their favourite teams every other season? I just think it's pathetic and quite sad tbh.

Aye, I don't actually give a shit about them unless they win the World Cup :lol: Then they'll all be sacred, but yes that's my stance. Although Neymar has given me a bit of nostalgia from watching Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho there so I follow them more now than I was for the past 3-4 years.

I like seeing my fellow Americans do well playing abroad - it bodes well for a country who sees generally the best athletes play other sports like American Football, Basketball, Hockey, Baseball, etc. However, if such player plays for the Mackems, again, like I said about 1,000x - I don't like it, never wanted it and I've always wanted Altidore to score meaningless goals and Sunderland lose every time he scores. In a perfect world Sunderland scored 20 goals this season and all 20 were by Altidore and none against us and they got relegated. But obviously that didn't or can't happen.

Finally, I just don't give a fuck about a lot in football anymore, I just like being entertained - Lord knows we don't win nor do we get entertained much as Newcastle supporters.

:lol: How come Flip gets a f***ing pass? What the f*** is this f***ing s***.

A pass for what exactly Mike? Only Brazilian I've seen for Newcastle is Cacapa and for the Magic was Varejao for 2seconds in the draft.

Nah. Fair enough if you have decided to only support Zlatan and then celebrate when he scores, but jumping around, shouting when Lavezzi scores pretending you're a big PSG fan is pathetic. These c***s made me support f***ing Chelsea tonight man :anguish:

Jumping around and screaming is definitely pathetic, but maybe the big stage got to them. Zlatan leading PSG to CL glory etc.

I guess it's natural for small nations, I basically watch NHL to see how the Finnish players do and have no team.

:lol: How come Flip gets a f***ing pass? What the f*** is this f***ing s***.

A pass for what exactly Mike? Only Brazilian I've seen for Newcastle is Cacapa and for the Magic was Varejao for 2seconds in the draft.

Aye, I don't actually give a s*** about them unless they win the World Cup :lol: Then they'll all be sacred, but yes that's my stance. Although Neymar has given me a bit of nostalgia from watching Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho there so I follow them more now than I was for the past 3-4 years.

There you go. :thup:

You misunderstood the whole thing. What Nobody is talking about is people supporting a team like their die-hard fans because of one sole player.

I don't actually give a shit or two about the players teams. Obviously I hope for all Brazilians do good as that benefits the national side, but I don't actually care about in what tem they play. Example, absolutely detest Chelsea, yet they have four Brazilian players who are in the national team. I'd obviously love to see them do well but I'd rather see them do well individually and lose 10-5 every game.

You misunderstood the whole thing. What Nobody is talking about is people supporting a team like their die-hard fans because of one sole player.

I don't actually give a s*** or two about the players teams. Obviously I hope for all Brazilians do good as that benefits the national side, but I don't actually care about in what tem they play. Example, absolutely detest Chelsea, yet they have four Brazilian players who are in the national team. I'd obviously love to see them do well but I'd rather see them do well individually and lose 10-5 every game.

I didn't misunderstand anything. IMO they are not supporting the team. They are die-hard Zlatan fans and he just happens to play for PSG right now. Football is a team sport so they hope PSG do well. They shouldn't be viewed as a fans of the team at all and therefore I don't see much wrong in hopping between teams when following Zlatan.