The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Don't think that was a red at all.

In a world with some decent rules in Football it might not be, but I think in the current game its a red all day.  Maybe I need to see it in real time or something? ???

Naah, he hit Vertonghen's head with his own, definitely. The only reason people are saying it might not be a red is because Vertonghen cheated and deliberately went down.

:thup: In a perfect world it's a red and Vertonghen gets a ban for being embarrassing.

I completely agree. Trouble is, Dnipr would only have a couple of players and the goalkeeper available for their next match.

In a world with some decent rules in Football it might not be, but I think in the current game its a red all day.  Maybe I need to see it in real time or something? ???

Naah, he hit Vertonghen's head with his own, definitely. The only reason people are saying it might not be a red is because Vertonghen cheated and deliberately went down.

Couldn't see it clearly enough, but if he hit his head, however soft it was, it is a red.  Vertonghen's reaction is one of the things that are wrong with football.  There are players in every single team that would do that unfortunately.  Makes me like football less.

Nah I'm only winding you up. He actually seems better tonight than the last few times I've seen him in the league. Still strikes me as a striker who is very easy to telegraph if you're a defender, and without the brute physical attributes to dominate defenders in spite of this.

The way I saw it Vertonghen ran into him deliberately in an aggressive manner, the player moved his head, Vertonghen went down like he had been hit by an in his prime Tyson and Dawson did enough to make sure it was a red.

Very different to two players just standing there jesturing and one swinging his head no matter how light the contact was, imo.

I probably am a little biased tbh because I want Spurs to lose but Vertonghen was definitely the aggressor.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I've only seen it a few times in slow motion and while the first viewing looked like it was all Vertonghen from the other angles it looked quite different.  Vertonghen moves slightly towards him, but only in the same way you'll get constantly in that kind of situation.  The Dnipro player head butts him, lightly but still a definite head butt.

Guest bimpy474

Adebayor would be perfect for Pardew's hoofball style.

Could play in any style team, he's that good.

Fair comment, but not every striker can play in Pardew's style of team. I like Adebayor, shame he's good a bit and not good a lot.

The way I saw it Vertonghen ran into him deliberately in an aggressive manner, the player moved his head, Vertonghen went down like he had been hit by an in his prime Tyson and Dawson did enough to make sure it was a red.

Very different to two players just standing there jesturing and one swinging his head no matter how light the contact was, imo.

I probably am a little biased tbh because I want Spurs to lose but Vertonghen was definitely the aggressor.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I've only seen it a few times in slow motion and while the first viewing looked like it was all Vertonghen from the other angles it looked quite different.  Vertonghen moves slightly towards him, but only in the same way you'll get constantly in that kind of situation.  The Dnipro player head butts him, lightly but still a definite head butt.

You're probably right, just work with two Spurs fans so tomorrow would have been fun :(

Guest bimpy474

You're probably right, just work with two Spurs fans so tomorrow would have been fun :(

My boss is a utter fairweather ape, he's a fan when they win and doesn't care and isn't really following them when they lose.

I blame myself really, it was 1-0 to Dnipro when I turned the match on :(  I'll turn it off now and maybe Dnipro will nick it..

Harry Kane - the generic young Premier League striker who goes out on loan to a Premier League side and hardly plays, has a bit-part place in the squad before going off down to League One/Championship and maybe reappearing in the Premier League with a struggler aged 25-26.

And, instead of taking the ball on and trying something that might help his chances of more first team football, he takes the ball to the bloody corner.