The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Motta, Silva and Lavezzi were incredible. Verratti was great, got caught out a few times, but that comes with his style of play, which is just brilliant to watch at times.

Wasn't Verratti's biggest fan tonight, seen him have better game. Was the weak link in midfield. Him, Cavani and Zlatan weren't very good while they were on the pitch. IMO

Guest VanBarduck

Motta, Silva and Lavezzi were incredible. Verratti was great, got caught out a few times, but that comes with his style of play, which is just brilliant to watch at times.

Wasn't Verratti's biggest fan tonight, seen him have better game. Was the weak link in midfield. Him, Cavani and Zlatan weren't very good while they were on the pitch. IMO

I also think Verratti was poor tonight, but we have to admit that he's unique in the world... Pogba, Thiago & co are nowhere near him in terms of talent IMO.

Guest hatem garrincha

I also think Verratti was poor tonight, but we have to admit that he's unique in the world... Pogba, Thiago & co are nowhere near him in terms of talent IMO.

Hmmm. To many hyperboles and I'm not sure Pogba is as far as you said.

I'd take Thiago ten out of ten times in my team over Verratti. Don't watch enough of Juventus to say much about Pogba but seem like two very different styles.

In games like this Cabaye is probably more suited to start than Verratti.

I do think Verratti is a superior talent but as of right now Cabaye has better offensive instincts.... be it where to pass, where to make runs etc etc.

Verratti doesn't have that in his game yet, but that's something that comes with experience and it will come.

He seems to have split opinion tonight, seen a lot saying he was great and a lot saying he was poor. Not one of his better performances, but still found myself rather impressed with him overall. Some of his passes over the top were excellent, shame none of them came to anything.

Verratti wasn't at his best in the first half but he was better in the second when he played at a higher tempo. His style of play isn't always suited to being as deep as he often plays like.

Lucas should be going to the world cup, no ?

Probably not. Not performed well enough and Bernard is Scolari's little love-puppet. (understandably as well, plays always very well for the national side).

Expect Willian, Oscar, Ramires, Hulk and Bernard to be called up with Neymar, Fred, Jo and then Paulinho, Fernandinho, Luiz Gustavo and Hernanes.  Could possibly if we opt for one LB only since Luiz Gustavo and Dani Alves could play that position if Marcelo breaks.

Swedish football fans are so fucking small time man it's unreal. :anguish:

Every bar that shows football tonight will have been packed with Zlatan-fans cheering on PSG. The first bar I went to, when Lavezzi scored, I thought it was the world cup and Sweden had just scored, it was that mental. Grow the fuck up and support a team, not a player.

As for the game, stupid move from PSG to start defending as soon as they scored, but they did really well in the second half and deserved the win. Lavezzi is such a lovely player to watch, must cover an insane amount each game.

Probably not. Not performed well enough and Bernard is Scolari's little love-puppet. (understandably as well, plays always very well for the national side).

Expect Willian, Oscar, Ramires, Hulk and Bernard to be called up with Neymar, Fred, Jo and then Paulinho, Fernandinho, Luiz Gustavo and Hernanes.  Could possibly if we opt for one LB only since Luiz Gustavo and Dani Alves could play that position if Marcelo breaks.

Seen you (and others) say plenty of times that Moura hasn't been good enough this season. For me, he's one of those players that whenever I see him, which admittedly isn't often, he looks a great player. Probably very inconsistent, and I would assume not being a regular starter won't do him any good.

Seen you (and others) say plenty of times that Moura hasn't been good enough this season. For me, he's one of those players that whenever I see him, which admittedly isn't often, he looks a great player. Probably very inconsistent, and I would assume not being a regular starter won't do him any good.

:thup: As somebody who doesn't watch the French league I think he's a cracking player

Had an excellent spell when Lavezzi or Cavani was out. But he's been terrible for the national team as well as inconsistent when playing one game and then not playing the next.

I'm surprised jo is going to the world cup, to be fair he did have a good confed cup last year but i thought maybe leandro daimao would be ahead of him, I have heard bernard has got excellent potential, In all honesty i need to seriously watch more copa libertadores but it's always on 2 or 3am on bt/espn

I'm surprised jo is going to the world cup, to be fair he did have a good confed cup last year but i thought maybe leandro daimao would be ahead of him, I have heard bernard has got excellent potential, In all honesty i need to seriously watch more copa libertadores but it's always on 2 or 3am on bt/espn

He's not excellent but he scores the odd goals while giving 110% and winning a  lot of headers and so on. I think he's a player Scolari will take with him because he offers another dimension to his game unlike the others we have, but I don't expect him to start if Fred break down.

Will it be Thiago Silva and David Luiz at CB for Brazil, Felip? What's your expected/preferred starting XI?

Yeah. I don't expect any changes from the team in the Confed unless someone gets injured. Can see David Luiz moved towards midfield if Luiz Gustavo suffers an injury even if we have Fernandiinho, just because Scolari will want the DM to have some height and go down in defence to act 3rd CB at times when the fullbacks push on.

Only change I could see happening is Ramires playing instead of Paulinho if Paulinho keeps sitting on the bench for the Spurs. (Sherwood is a wanker)

Another player who is to be very good in the future is adryan recently bought by caligari , Just looking through the previous brazil players, I cannot believe adriano is 32, unbelievable, He had an absoulute rocket of a left foot but gained a lot of weight like ronaldo did.  :(

Swedish football fans are so f***ing small time man it's unreal. :anguish:

Every bar that shows football tonight will have been packed with Zlatan-fans cheering on PSG. The first bar I went to, when Lavezzi scored, I thought it was the world cup and Sweden had just scored, it was that mental. Grow the f*** up and support a team, not a player.

As for the game, stupid move from PSG to start defending as soon as they scored, but they did really well in the second half and deserved the win. Lavezzi is such a lovely player to watch, must cover an insane amount each game.

Zlatan is special, let them enjoy him. I would give anything to get the next Zlatan (or Litmanen) in the near future. :anguish:

Guest hatem garrincha

Will it be Thiago Silva and David Luiz at CB for Brazil, Felip? What's your expected/preferred starting XI?

Yeah. I don't expect any changes from the team in the Confed unless someone gets injured. Can see David Luiz moved towards midfield if Luiz Gustavo suffers an injury even if we have Fernandiinho, just because Scolari will want the DM to have some height and go down in defence to act 3rd CB at times when the fullbacks push on.

Only change I could see happening is Ramires playing instead of Paulinho if Paulinho keeps sitting on the bench for the Spurs. (Sherwood is a w*****)

Haven't seen the confed. What was Brazil starting 11 ?

Only change I could see happening is Ramires playing instead of Paulinho if Paulinho keeps sitting on the bench for the Spurs. (Sherwood is a w*****)

Haven't seen the confed. What was Brazil starting 11 ?

Cesar

Alves TSilva DLuiz Marcelo

Gustavo  Paulinho

Hulk        Oscar        Neymar

Fred

Another player who is to be very good in the future is adryan recently bought by caligari , Just looking through the previous brazil players, I cannot believe adriano is 32, unbelievable, He had an absoulute rocket of a left foot but gained a lot of weight like ronaldo did.  :(

Adriano declined when his father died, he lost all sense of life and all sense of his talent and gift he'd been given at birth. Started to re-involve with gangs and alcohol. Lost the plot completely. Is at At. Paranaense now trying to get back. But seems like a lost cause.

As for Adryan, I don't expect him to become much.