The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Ba & Dzeko are better players. Hernandez would score more goals if he where a first team regular.

Giroud's a good player. But better than Ba or Dzeko? Nope. Not at all.

I have my doubts over Ba and Giroud, but for me Dzeko is better than both. I diid make that pretty clear at the weekend though, that it's my opinion. (right Beren?)

Dzeko is easily the best of those three, probably doesn't get the credit he should deserve. In and out of the City side all the time but always seems to be popping up with goals, which isn't easy for a striker who rarely has had a consistent run in the side.

Dzeko is easily the best of those three, probably doesn't get the credit he should deserve. In and out of the City side all the time but always seems to be popping up with goals, which isn't easy for a striker who rarely has had a consistent run in the side.

He's the ultimate flat track bully though, only scores against the poor teams. Just has a look at his record, only scored against Man Utd :lol: who you'd class as a big team

It's not all about scoring though, he works hard, drop deeps, is excellent with his feet. He's a very good striker, and does score goals even if it's against smaller teams. Most strikers score against smaller teams anyways.

He's the ultimate flat track bully though, only scores against the poor teams. Just has a look at his record, only scored against Man Utd :lol: who you'd class as a big team

Giroud has the same sort of criticism though. Ba hardly figures at all for Chelsea with not much competition. If i had a choice be a no brainer for Dzeko, he's definitely got more to his game than just being a flat track bully.

Also,

A goal and two assist at White Hart Lane

Two goals at Old Trafford

One assist at Emirates

isn't really what I'd call flat track bully.

Man Utd? Who we beat? Spurs maybe is the only one but that was a massacre.

They're still a top 7 team, just because he didn't score against Chelsea who he played a total of 90minutes against and Liverpool who he played a total of 81minutes against this season? Who else is a flat-track bully in this league then?

Yeah but I'm saying Giroud has a better goal record in a worse team and can do the same things Dzeko can in terms of all round game but everyone is like "Dzeko is way better" don't see how

I'd imagine Dzeko would have a better goalscoring record goals per starts ratio. I just think Dzeko has better attributes in most parts of his game to Giroud. I like Giroud as well but just much prefer Dzeko.

In what way would it be an easy decision?

Ba was perfect for us and the level we were at meant we were perfect for him. The evidence suggests he doesn't have the ability to up his game when he's required to be more than just a goalscorer. It's a pretty damning indictment, in my opinion, that he's massively struggled to get a game under Mourinho when his competition has been pretty poor.

Giroud started 48 games this season, scored 23 goals.

Dzeko started 44 games this season, scored 28 goals.

That's on ESPN on all games this season including international level.

:thup: pretty even. Which was basically my point. I think they are about level as players

It's not pretty even. By those rates he would have scored 30/31 goals in 48 games, compared to Giroud's 23 in 48. Quite a difference in my opinion.

Giroud started 48 games this season, scored 23 goals.

Dzeko started 44 games this season, scored 28 goals.

That's on ESPN on all games this season including international level.

:thup: pretty even. Which was basically my point. I think they are about level as players

It's not pretty even. By those rates he would have scored 30/31 goals in 48 games, compared to Giroud's 23 in 48. Quite a difference in my opinion.

ST trying to pull off a Pardew :lol:

In what way would it be an easy decision?

Ba was perfect for us and the level we were at meant we were perfect for him. The evidence suggests he doesn't have the ability to up his game when he's required to be more than just a goalscorer. It's a pretty damning indictment, in my opinion, that he's massively struggled to get a game under Mourinho when his competition has been pretty poor.

It's not a damning indictment at all. It's just Mourinho being Mourinho. His system only ever really allows for one striker at a time, and he's got more fashionable strikers at his disposal (Mr £50m & Eto'o). Judge Ba by what he's done, and that's 4 goals and 3 assists in 465 minutes. That's a goal or an assist every 66 minutes.

Don't think it's fair to say he is just a goalscorer either. Watch that 3-0 against Man Utd. He's so good as a goalscorer I wouldn't want him concentrating on much else though. He's not just marginally better than the other two as a goalscorer IMO.

Edit: I don't really like the reliance on stats in this instance, actually. They happen to corroborate my viewpoint this time, but it's just an opinion thing at the end of the day: I think he's done well without having a decent run in the side and I don't think not being in the side is necessarily his fault (cf. Lukaku).

Dzeko 12 assists

Giroud 8 assists

Although Giroud has 7 in the PL to Dzeko's 1...

I'm assuming those other ones are Cup games?

Aye, CL, FA, LC and internationals.

*Liechtenstein claxon*

I've just always thought Dzeko would improve for moving to a Spurs or somewhere like that where he would be playing week in, week out. He reminds of wor Ade but with better work rate, obvs not as good as Ade though ;)

Dzeko 12 assists

Giroud 8 assists

Although Giroud has 7 in the PL to Dzeko's 1...

I'm assuming those other ones are Cup games?

Aye, CL, FA, LC and internationals.

*Liechtenstein claxon*

:mackems:

I've just always thought Dzeko would improve for moving to a Spurs or somewhere like that where he would be playing week in, week out. He reminds of wor Ade but with better work rate, obvs not as good as Ade though ;)

I prefer Ade tbh. As much as he is a bell end. Usually does it in the bigger games as well.

u wot m8?

http://www.torquayunited.com/cms_images/news/adebayo-akinfenwa-h283-543212_478x359.jpg