The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

:lol: This speculation about Giggs getting the Man Utd job permanently is so fucking predictable.  Clubs should just not bother appointing caretaker managers if they want to choose their next permanent manager rather than being told by a swarm of idiots to give a novice a go.

"He's the Tony Pulis of German football, Felix Magath..."

Commentator just thought that sounded good based on very little, didn't he?

:lol: He's won the Bundesliga three times, he's managed Bayern Munich ffs

Guest bimpy474

Watching Betis v Sociedad, i'm not sure this keeping possession and trying to attacking without hoofing it is going to catch on.

You seen your man Montanier doing good things at the minute?

He's not done that well with Rennes tbh, lower mid table struggling a bit, playing decent stuff but just not getting the results. Still have him here as my first choice though, Sociedad last season were brilliant.

Ahh, back to people referring to them as Fulham.  Was watching this on NBC and the bloke in the studio kept calling them "Fulm".  Was slightly vexing.

:lol: Is it because they've been told it's not Ful-Ham?

No idea, but I did find out "Naarch" were playing later on.

:lol:

:lol: This speculation about Giggs getting the Man Utd job permanently is so fucking predictable.  Clubs should just not bother appointing caretaker managers if they want to choose their next permanent manager rather than being told by a swarm of idiots to give a novice a go.

Always makes me laugh that they go on about sackings being based on a few bad results, but they are all for giving nobodies the job based on a few good ones.

Guest bimpy474

Teams that score the least and let in the most go down (not exactly hard to work out). That's us next season if we keep Pardew on, fucking dreading it.

Glad we didn't waste vital coin on that Bony like, he's only scored 24 goals this season.

Was exactly what we needed as well but instead we were fucking around offering 2 or 3 million less than Gomis was worth.  Infuriatingly standard NUFC.

Guest bimpy474

Watching Betis v Sociedad, i'm not sure this keeping possession and trying to attacking without hoofing it is going to catch on.

You seen your man Montanier doing good things at the minute?

He's not done that well with Rennes tbh, lower mid table struggling a bit, playing decent stuff but just not getting the results. Still have him here as my first choice though, Sociedad last season were brilliant.

I didn't link the article but basically they were saying that he's turned it around, after a tough start. Here it is: http://www.beinsports.tv/news/article/1ag1i5t5ryej0129kzxzl2dhih/title/philippe-montaniers-rennes-turning-corner-at-just-the-right-time

Well sort of, they're sitting 15th now i think, but only 6pts off 8th. It's just taking time to get them playing like he got Sociedad. I think it's because Spanish players are more technical and got playing how he wanted quicker. If Rennes stick with him they'll benefit for sure imo.