The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Guest neesy111

Fleetwood Town have just secured their spot in the league 2 playoff final, my hometown club so I have a soft spot for them, would be a double promotion too, no mean feat.

Yorkie dislikes this.

Fleetwood Town have just secured their spot in the league 2 playoff final, my hometown club so I have a soft spot for them, would be a double promotion too, no mean feat.

Yorkie dislikes this.

And what pray tell is wrong with Fleetwood town may I ask?

Guest neesy111

Yorkie dislikes this.

Who did they beat?

Yorkie dislikes this.

Who did they beat?

I didn't think that one through very well did I? :lol:

Casillas starting a league game at home for the first time in 17 months.

FA Cup final can get fucked later on, all about the Nou Camp.

Remember when FA Cup Final day was a massive occasion, regardless of who was playing?

Fleetwood's rise is remarkable. Ten years ago they were in the North West Counties league. Mind you, it's no rags to riches tale, their owner has ploughed an absolute fortune into both the ground and playing squad over that decade. Unlike some others in the past, his interest has not waned on reaching the promised land of the FL.

The story goes that he actually wanted to buy into Blackpool but the Oystons told him to piss off, since then he's been working on challenging them on the pitch and is potentially only one division away from doing just that.

Remember when FA Cup Final day was a massive occasion, regardless of who was playing?

Aye. Back in the day the only live club football you could watch was the FA Cup Final and the European Cup Final. This is progress that I am willing to accept.

Guest palnese

Why on earth are the semi finals played at Wembley?

Guest bimpy474

Why on earth are the semi finals played at Wembley?

Money, it's always about money.

The Cup Final used to be a fucking big deal. When I were a nipper it was more important than the league. Everyone knew who won the Cup, the league was bread and butter, but the Cup was the Golden Chalice. Fucking Skypounds have fucked it all up. :lol: Grumpyarse here.