Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Think Villa are going for a bit more experience, as their squad was a bit naïve last season. They really do need to be careful who they bring in though.

Senderos and Joe Cole are quite uninspiring it has to be said, however, I would still expect Lambert to get more out of them than Fulham and West Ham did. Particularly Cole, who will at least receive the ball to his feet a few times a game now.

Guest firetotheworks

Cole is thick as mince man. He was once a good player, but even then his natural talent covered up for how thick he is.

Think Villa are going for a bit more experience, as their squad was a bit naïve last season. They really do need to be careful who they bring in though.

Senderos and Joe Cole are quite uninspiring it has to be said, however, I would still expect Lambert to get more out of them than Fulham and West Ham did. Particularly Cole, who will at least receive the ball to his feet a few times a game now.

Didn't see us play much last year, I take it?

They'll go down I reckon

it depends who else we sign.

I am as pessimistic as the next Villa fan, but it is worth noting that we will have the return of Okore, N'Zogbia, Benteke and Kozak from long term injuries. We were unlucky with those. Even Kozak did well for us (8 starts, 4 goals) so it was unlucky he broke his leg.

Senderos is a lumering oaf, but he's less of a lumbering oaf than Nathan Baker was last season, and I can live with him as back up to Okore and Vlaar.

If we can sign a couple of players better than those we have already - and the obvious positions are left back and midfield - then we'll do much better than last year.

The problem is, if we don't sign those players, we are going to struggle if we pick up any injuries.

It's all very depressing. Lerner seems to think that saying "OK, I'm looking for a buyer" means he just needs to keep us in cold storage until he finds one.

:lol:

I did, which is why I used the word few. I also saw West Ham, and they were significantly worse. They're midfielders are largely pointless in any attacking sense.

:lol:

I did, which is why I used the word few. I also saw West Ham, and they were significantly worse. They're midfielders are largely pointless in any attacking sense.

The main difference between us and West Ham last year was that you could rely on at least a few of their aimless balls in the air to come down on the pitch, whereas ours were littered all around the gardens of Aston Hall.

I'd imagine there are still gangs of club employees going around picking them up even now.

:-(

Villa will hold onto Benteke, due to the injury. And if they can keep him healthy along with Jores Okore, who is a very promising defender, I really think they will do pretty well.

It's probably bollocks but the salient point is his legs are absolutely fucked.

No idea if it is true but I know my cousin had to take one of his dogs as it kept bumping into his legs.

Lescott to Hull on a free on SSN.

Good signing.

It's just that they have made an offer to him for a 2 year deal. I don't think anything has been agreed.