Other clubs' transfers

TBG

He's decent, but nowhere a €40m player. It's one of those cases where great coaching has made him look better than he actually is - Villarreal's defensive coaching is probably second best in the league after Atlético. He's a physical beast, very intense, so I can see why Mou would dig him, but he's prone to moments of madness and far from the finished article. Honestly I don't think he's shown anything to command that pricetag, but I guess ManU have way too much money.

I will take solace on my Espanyol friends pulling out their hairs since they sold him for merely €5m last season, though (they'll be getting just €2.5m for this, it seems.)

Could also be a case that if he's already a physical beast and has already looked great at the tender age of 22, that Mourinho thinks he can turn him into a great footballer. People laughed when we paid £12m for Smalling to be fair after he played one season for Fulham. He's now one of the best defenders in the league and England's first choice CB.

I was expecting you to say he's shit. :lol: If he's been good and is an intense, physical beast at 22, this will probably be money well spent in a couple of years.

Could also be a case that if he's already a physical beast and has already looked great at the tender age of 22, that Mourinho thinks he can turn him into a great footballer. People laughed when we paid £12m for Smalling to be fair after he played one season for Fulham. He's now one of the best defenders in the league and England's first choice CB.

Nice cherry-picking.  You've overpaid on a ton of players the last few years, plenty of them not even getting in your team.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985

Look at the fucking state of some of that, man.

Nice cherry-picking.  You've overpaid on a ton of players the last few years, plenty of them not even getting in your team.

Who are you talking about exactly? :lol: Bebe, Falcao and maybe Jones but injury is at fault there. Suppose you could say Bastian as well but again, injury. A lot of people say about Depay but he's 22 and played over 40 times in his first season. :lol:

So aye. What? :lol:

OK they've all been raving successes, that's why you've spent hundreds of millions the last few years and finished 5th last season.

Honestly man, every time you spunk a ton of money on a player you're in here saying how great a deal it is and it's tiresome.

Who are you talking about exactly? :lol: Bebe, Falcao and maybe Jones but injury is at fault there. Suppose you could say Bastian as well but again, injury. A lot of people say about Depay but he's 22 and played over 40 times in his first season. :lol:

Di Maria? Herrera?

Di Maria? Herrera?

Yep and Schneiderlin cost £25m and is a bit-part player, similar situation/price with Fellaini/Herrera.  Shaw also cost a fucking fortune.  There have been more misses than hits IMO, but you wouldn't think it the way Froggy carries on.

Look at the f***ing state of some of that, man.

Oh yes, the definitive way to judge how good a signing was...

Love justifying a price tag with the fact that he played a bunch of games. Aye, that Colback lad was a great transfer, he played almost all the games, doesn't matter that we got relegated because of it.

Edit: or just see above :lol:

OK they've all been raving successes, that's why you've spent hundreds of millions the last few years and finished 5th last season.

Honestly man, every time you spunk a ton of money on a player you're in here saying how great a deal it is and it's tiresome.

Nah. I don't.

But aye in the Van Gaal reign we spent roughly £135m on players, not hundreds of millions, and finish 5th. Pretty disappointing. Newcastle spent £93m in the same period and got relegated. It's not the end of the world for us. Martial £36m of that and is a star. Schneiderlin £26m of that and is a starter. Shaw is £27m of that and a star who got his leg broken. Educate yourself man

Di Maria? Herrera?

Herrera is class like. Had a couple of injuries but made over 70 apps in two years.

Di Maria got injured, then yapped and couldn't handle that Young pushed him out of the time. Then we got £47m for him.

Anything else?

Love justifying a price tag with the fact that he played a bunch of games. Aye, that Colback lad was a great transfer, he played almost all the games, doesn't matter that we got relegated because of it.

Or just see that IP said they don't get in the team. :lol:

Anything else?

Guest chopey

He's decent, but nowhere a €40m player. It's one of those cases where great coaching has made him look better than he actually is - Villarreal's defensive coaching is probably second best in the league after Atlético. He's a physical beast, very intense, so I can see why Mou would dig him, but he's prone to moments of madness and far from the finished article. Honestly I don't think he's shown anything to command that pricetag, but I guess ManU have way too much money.

I will take solace on my Espanyol friends pulling out their hairs since they sold him for merely €5m last season, though (they'll be getting just €2.5m for this, it seems.)

Might have been better off spending the money on the coaches then ? is there no players like him in the lower leagues of England ? imagine what effect that sort of cash would have if one club started to spend it down there.

I was expecting you to say he's s***. :lol: If he's been good and is an intense, physical beast at 22, this will probably be money well spent in a couple of years.

We'll see. I honestly can't see him as a top tier player at all.

I was expecting you to say he's s***. :lol: If he's been good and is an intense, physical beast at 22, this will probably be money well spent in a couple of years.

We'll see. I honestly can't see him as a top tier player at all.

I will hope you are wrong.

Nah. I don't.

But aye in the Van Gaal reign we spent roughly £135m on players, not hundreds of millions, and finish 5th. Pretty disappointing. Newcastle spent £93m in the same period and got relegated. It's not the end of the world for us. Martial £36m of that and is a star. Schneiderlin £26m of that and is a starter. Shaw is £27m of that and a star who got his leg broken. Educate yourself man

Di Maria? Herrera?

Herrera is class like. Had a couple of injuries but made over 70 apps in two years.

Di Maria got injured, then yapped and couldn't handle that Young pushed him out of the time. Then we got £47m for him.

Anything else?

For the amount you paid for Herrera two years ago, you should be hoping he was one of the best midfielders in the league. He isn't.

Why in the fuck would you compare to Newcastle? :lol: If that's your standards, then aye, you've done well :slowclap:

Think you'll notice that no one mentioned net spend, so what you got back for players is irrelevant. You spunked away  255 millions in two years under Van Gaal according to transfermarkt.

Nah. I don't.

Di Maria? Herrera?

Anything else?

Is there really any need to be such a smug cunt with your replies?

Fellaini started 23 games last season, Schneiderlin 33, Herrera 27.  They cost £80m between them. 

Shaw was overpriced.  Schweinsteiger hasn't played much either.  Depay flopped, there's another £25m.

My point was that barely any of your signings over the last few years have pulled up any trees, so plucking out the Chris Smalling signing amongst all that lot is laughable.  And you do come in here telling us you've spent well a lot, I know this because I read it and it's annoying.

Or just see that IP said they don't get in the team. :lol:

Anything else?

I think IP's main point was that you've bought a lot of shite in the last few years. £24m on Fellaini, £27m on Herrera, £15m on Rojo, £6m loan fee plus god knows how much on wages for Falcao, £56m on Di Maria, £26m on Schneiderlin, £25.5m on Depay (could turn out to be a good player but certainly didn't show much last season). Even £37m on Martial, good player that he is, is obscenely overpriced. I think IP has a point.