Clément Grenier

LRD

And where have the current squad (one of the best we've had for ages) come from ?? It's a mystery to me, reading here we never sign anyone.

I wonder about this as well to be honest, it's like every failed signing is recorded on a stone tablet outside SJP and every successful signing is written off and forgotten immediately.

"Wait for the right player" at which point another player or 2 have left and we're "waiting for the right player" to replace them too. We've been waiting for a left winger for years :lol:

When that right one comes across he better be f***ing good.

Often waiting 2/3 windows for a replacement to arrive is infuriating for a fan.

Waiting for the best deal possible, we could have signed Debuchy for 8 in the summer, wait a few of months then sign for 6 instead. That's how Ashley will always look it, is that good or bad? Opinion would differ between fans.

Under Shepherd we bought to compete. Under this arsehole we buy to stay up and sell for profit. That's all there is to it.

And that buying to compete worked ever so well didn't it (short period with SBR aside - and he fell into Shepherd's lap).

We are built to improve steadily, we won't spunk cash on an instant hit, because whatever we did spunk would be trumped times 10 by the City's and Chelsea's etc.

I knew ToonPap would be in here. Telling us that, although he doesn't know Ashley, he knows men like him. Strong, powerful, alluring, success driven types, who never accept second best. Who shoot for the very top and never fall short. How we're so lucky so sit within the quivering folds of his obesity.

How selling your best performers without replacing them is how every great sporting endevour should be run. Mug.

OOOOH how grown up we are.

We haven't replaced him yet, we will I am sure, the squad has undeniably improved over the last few years. I'd rather wait for the right player (and our hit rate is good) than some placebo type signing.

The fact that the team is better, and playing better stuff, than it has for a very long time is vindication of the policy IMO.

Mug.

And where have the current squad (one of the best we've had for ages) come from ?? It's a mystery to me, reading here we never sign anyone.

You simply have to be in their employ. Because no fan with 2 stones between his legs could think like you.

On to ignore.

Under Shepherd we bought to compete. Under this arsehole we buy to stay up and sell for profit. That's all there is to it.

And that buying to compete worked ever so well didn't it (short period with SBR aside - and he fell into Shepherd's lap).

We are built to improve steadily, we won't spunk cash on an instant hit, because whatever we did spunk would be trumped times 10 by the City's and Chelsea's etc.

I knew ToonPap would be in here. Telling us that, although he doesn't know Ashley, he knows men like him. Strong, powerful, alluring, success driven types, who never accept second best. Who shoot for the very top and never fall short. How we're so lucky so sit within the quivering folds of his obesity.

How selling your best performers without replacing them is how every great sporting endevour should be run. Mug.

OOOOH how grown up we are.

We haven't replaced him yet, we will I am sure, the squad has undeniably improved over the last few years. I'd rather wait for the right player (and our hit rate is good) than some placebo type signing.

The fact that the team is better, and playing better stuff, than it has for a very long time is vindication of the policy IMO.

Mug.

You simply have to be in their employ. Because no fan with 2 stones between his legs could think like you.

On to ignore.

Thank fuck for that.

"Wait for the right player" at which point another player or 2 have left and we're "waiting for the right player" to replace them too. We've been waiting for a left winger for years :lol:

Waiting for the best deal possible, we could have signed Debuchy for 8 in the summer, wait a few of months then sign for 6 instead. That's how Ashley will always look it, is that good or bad? Opinion would differ between fans.

Also, important point alert, as a fan I would love to make more, more expensive and more frequent signings but I don't except Mike Ashley to share my opinion. Obviously if fans were in charge of signings their priorities would be very different.

Also, important point alert, as a fan I would love make more, more expensive and more frequent signings but I don't except Mike Ashley to share my opinion. Obviously if fans were in charge of signings their priorities would be very different.

You're too bloody nice.

People still don't accept with have a good squad like Lotus though. Which is going to make him disagree with your point even more regarding Ashley and the squad he has assembled.

We've a great squad according to you. I look forward to seeing how our great squad get on. See how they compete with the other great squads. Nestling among the other great squads come May. Hope you're right. You obviously have every confidence and i sincerely hope you're right.

If the players are good enough, they won't be available in the next window.

No good players are sitting around, waiting for us to come back in for them because we want to save a couple of million.

Any players worth anything will be subject to interest from many clubs.

For someone who hates gays, Toon Pack spends an extraordinary amount of time licking Ashley and Pardew's arse.

I can't read his drivel anymore. Makes me think of that Ugandan preacher raging against men with Poo Poo on their faces.

I've switched the nobby off.

If the players are good enough, they won't be available in the next window.

No good players are sitting around, waiting for us to come back in for them because we want to save a couple of million.

Any players worth anything will be subject to interest from many clubs.

I don't think this can be completely true can it? Otherwise we would never make any signings.

Guest Roger Kint

People still don't accept with have a good squad like Lotus though. Which is going to make him disagree with your point even more regarding Ashley and the squad he has assembled.

We've a great squad according to you. I look forward to seeing how our great squad get on. See how they compete with the other great squads. Nestling among the other great squads come May. Hope you're right. You obviously have every confidence and i sincerely hope you're right.

Our squad of players that we own have scored a massive 14 goals up to the start of Feb, a good squad? Yeah right.

Our squad of players that we own have scored a massive 14 goals up to the start of Feb, a good squad? Yeah right.

Brett knows, man. He knows a great squad when he sees one. Greatness written all over this one. Alan Mouseheart to lead them to big things.

Exactly.

Guest neesy111

Just because the current regime have signed some good players doesn't excuse the lack of ambition they've had in terms of non-signings.  We should at least be signing players to replace those who have left.

We have a good 17 players and the rest are dross

- Krul

- Debuchy

- Mbiwa

- Colo

- Williamson

- Taylor (At least not too bad)

- Santon

- Haidara

- Tiote

- Anita

- Sissoko

- Gouff

- Ben Arfa

- Marveaux

- Remy

- *De Jong

- *Cisse

* Potentially anyway

Sammy, Dummet, Campbell, Vuckic, Armstrong maybe have potential but appear a long way off, although Sammy looks improved.

I don't think we need Cabaye to finish top 8, think we can cope without him and bring Ben Arfa in to the fold. How many clubs outside the top 6 could remove their best attacking player then replace with someone like Ben Arfa?

We've got a good sqaud, not great the likes of Spurs but it's good and i wouldn't be swapping it for anyone outside of top 6, not even Everton. I'd swap their manager mind you :lol:

He's probably just turned us town because he thinks we're a sohower of s**** who are going nowhere fast?

Almost certainly this combined with the fact that we probably offered him a smallish wage compared to wht he would get at a better PL club or in Spain/Germany.

Why would a player who is highly-rated come to a club like Newcastle United when there is more than a 50/50 chance he could go elsewhere in the summer...?

The lack of ambition stories will undoubtedly have travelled to France....

Perhaps Grenier made a phone call to Cabaye?

My thoughts exactly....

I don't think we need Cabaye to finish top 8, think we can cope without him and bring Ben Arfa in to the fold. How many clubs outside the top 6 could remove their best attacking player then replace with someone like Ben Arfa?

We've got a good sqaud, not great the likes of Spurs but it's good and i wouldn't be swapping it for anyone outside of top 6, not even Everton. I'd swap their manager mind you :lol:

hmmm

Guest reefatoon

It's not a good squad at all. We have a good first team, but remove players through injury and suspension, then we are struggling as the rest are dross.  Good first team maybe, but it's a s*** squad.

Just because the current regime have signed some good players doesn't excuse the lack of ambition they've had in terms of non-signings.  We should at least be signing players to replace those who have left.

Exactly. Can't understand how people have the brass neck to complain about the constant Portsmouth/Leeds references when it's what is used time and time again to defend these tossers.