The disabled woman chronicles

Whatever the politics there is basic f******g common sense no-one with an ounce of customer sensitivity would start this or end it with a statement like that . By god we have more than our fair share of numpties involved with the club. Shit attracts shit

Guest Dontooner

Loyalty to the club means nothing to this current regime. Just interested in your wallets , will beg if they need to have you open it.

Dunno if it's been posted but the club actually responded about this:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-fc-speak-after-6681465

Newcastle United have broken their silence after a disabled gran accused the club of “ruining her year” for confiscating her season ticket.

The Chronicle reported today that Lilian Held, who lives a 10-minute walk from St James’ Park, had her ticket cancelled and sold on by her beloved football club after allowing another family member to use it.

After being inundated with phone calls and messages on The Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter pages, the club said it felt “compelled” to respond.

The club responded by saying: “Mrs Held’s subsidised disabled season ticket was cancelled and a pro rata refund given for remaining games of the 2013/14 season following reports of alleged misuse and a subsequent investigation.

“As part of this investigation, it was found that Mrs Held’s disabled season ticket seat was being used by an able-bodied supporter during the Newcastle United v Southampton fixture, which is against the terms and conditions agreed at sale.

“Mrs Held remains welcome at St James’ Park and can reapply for a concessionary season ticket next season.”

Seems a bit strong if it was only the one game. The seat is paid for already.

1 game, they really are a bunch of bastards.

They don't even seem to realise it.

Sounds like perfectly reasonable response from the club.

If you were, for example, borrowing a child's ticket, to enter the ground, you would be presumably subjected to the same chastisement.

If I was nabbed doing a similar thing, I`d be pissed off more with the fact that I`d been rumbled, rather than having the ticket cancelled & my money refunded (With home form as it is lately, she should be grateful FFS!)

She would have an argument if she was being made an example of, but I assume she was just subjected to company policy as anyone else would be.

If you were, for example, borrowing a child's ticket, to enter the ground, you would be presumably subjected to the same chastisement.

If I was nabbed doing a similar thing, I`d be p*ssed off more with the fact that I`d been rumbled, rather than having the ticket cancelled & my money refunded (With home form as it is lately, she should be grateful FFS!)

She would have an argument if she was being made an example of, but I assume she was just subjected to company policy as anyone else would be.

It's not quite the same thing as using a child's ticket though. Apparently she accompanies two minors, so if she couldn't go they couldn't go presumably. Look at it this way too: if this was an able bodied person who had passed on their ticket to another able bodied person (for example one parent to the other) to accompany their Toon mad children to the match, because they couldn't go themselves, would anybody have any objection to that? Presumably passing on your season ticket to anyone else is against T&C's anyway? So what's the issue here then? The fact a disabled person's ticket is a tenner cheaper than an able bodied's, and the club is losing out on a tenner as a one off to a group of loyal fans, one of whom even worked for the club in the past?

On a serious note they're the same thing if you're looking at it from the point of view of a faceless corporation. Somebody is entering the ground using a cheaper ticket that they aren't entitled to.

The club should have a bit of leeway with it's supporters though and see it for what it is, a woman passing her season ticket on for a day because she cannot make the game, nothing more to it. Whether she's BROKE THE RULES!!! or not there's no need to hammer anyone over it, and if it was a bloke lending a childs ticket for 1 game I'd probably feel similar tbh, although obviously this ladies circumstances make the ban even more ridiculous.

On a serious note they're the same thing if you're looking at it from the point of view of a faceless corporation. Somebody is entering the ground using a cheaper ticket that they aren't entitled to.

The club should have a bit of leeway with it's supporters though and see it for what it is, a woman passing her season ticket on for a day because she cannot make the game, nothing more to it. Whether she's BROKE THE RULES!!! or not there's no need to hammer anyone over it, and if it was a bloke lending a childs ticket for 1 game I'd probably feel similar tbh, although obviously this ladies circumstances make the ban even more ridiculous.

Absolutely. Probably some self important little hitler on a power trip.

Fucking hate jobsworths like that. Probably the same sort of person who will broadcast anyone elses mistake around the office in an email with all top brass cc'ed in or drop it into a conference call with senior management going all 'LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!'

Even worse that no-one with an ounce of common sense has looked to jump in and de-fuse the situation before it got this far. Typical of the club's lack of judgement at the minute.

If I was nabbed doing a similar thing, I`d be p*ssed off more with the fact that I`d been rumbled, rather than having the ticket cancelled & my money refunded (With home form as it is lately, she should be grateful FFS!)

It's not quite the same thing as using a child's ticket though. Apparently she accompanies two minors, so if she couldn't go they couldn't go presumably. Look at it this way too: if this was an able bodied person who had passed on their ticket to another able bodied person (for example one parent to the other) to accompany their Toon mad children to the match, because they couldn't go themselves, would anybody have any objection to that? Presumably passing on your season ticket to anyone else is against T&C's anyway? So what's the issue here then? The fact a disabled person's ticket is a tenner cheaper than an able bodied's, and the club is losing out on a tenner as a one off to a group of loyal fans, one of whom even worked for the club in the past?

I`d do the same, have done in the past (Used my sons student discount season ticket)but I knew that if I got nabbed they wouldn't just grin,  pinch my cheek & call me a cheeky monkey.

She got rumbled, simple as that.

http://informationng.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Mike-Ashley.jpg

'THE FUCK?! HAVE THAT WOMAN KILLED. I NEED A LIE DOWN!'

I`d do the same, have done in the past (Used my sons student discount season ticket)but I knew that if I got nabbed they wouldn't just grin,  pinch my cheek & call me a cheeky monkey.

So you would be OK with them taking your season ticket and selling your seat of to somebody else even if there was half of the home games left, also effectively canceling your bairns' season tickets because they can't go unaccompanied. And you wouldn't think it was harsh in the slightest?

I dunno, as long as it's not part of a concerted effort to regularly put an able-bodied person in a disabled seat for a profit, I would like to think that a member of your family can go if you can't make it. Guess the problem is that telling the difference requires common sense, tracking and thought.

The club have been stupid over this, it's not as if they could have sold the seat if nobody had turned up and an able bodied person isn't taking up more seats than a disabled person. They also look as if they're picking on disabled supporters as skirge was getting loads of shit from the club before the season had even kicked off.

If it's just one week, take the hit and miss it surely? I imagine they're given the terms at the beginning of the season.

Just the one week?

Because the ticket was for a disabled person, Christopher was ordered to leave the ground, leaving his teenage nieces behind.

He was told his mother would have to come to the stadium in order to get her ticket back.

Upon her return on December 20, Lilian went straight to St James’ Park to retrieve her ticket. But instead the lifelong Toon fan, who has irreparable damage to nerves in her back, was told her ticket had been suspended until further notice.

“I was told my ticket would be suspended while the club investigated whether my son had sat in the seat regularly,” she said. “I told them he never sits in the seat – I always sit in the seat and this was the first game I’d missed in 14 years. I only wanted the girls to be accompanied by an adult because I’m always there at home games to look after them.

“When I asked if I’d be missing the Boxing Day match, I was told I’d not only be missing that, I’d be missing the Arsenal match as well.”

It wasn’t until January 4 that Lilian heard again from the club.

She was told that her ticket was being cancelled for the rest of the season and that she would have to cough up for a full-price season ticket because her seat had been sold to somebody else.

:dontknow:

So you would be OK with them taking your season ticket and selling your seat of to somebody else even if there was half of the home games left, also effectively cancelling your bairns' season tickets because they can't go unaccompanied. And you wouldn't think it was harsh in the slightest?

Aye, I would without a doubt, especially as there will be countless others doing a similar thing next home match, then the next etc. without getting nabbed.

My argument is simply that the club are simply arguing that, in principle, she broke the terms of her contract with the club & were they to ignore it, they would set a president for others to follow suit without them having any course for redress.

I don't blame her for being p*ssed off & complaining, I just think its naïve to expect that having tried it on (she could have contacted the club beforehand to explain the situation & ask for guidance), she can expect to dictate the outcome after having been rumbled.

Welcome to the world of modern day corporate football.

So you would be OK with them taking your season ticket and selling your seat of to somebody else even if there was half of the home games left, also effectively cancelling your bairns' season tickets because they can't go unaccompanied. And you wouldn't think it was harsh in the slightest?

Aye, I would without a doubt, especially as there will be countless others doing a similar thing next home match, then the next etc. without getting nabbed.

My argument is simply that the club are simply arguing that, in principle, she broke the terms of her contract with the club & were they to ignore it, they would set a president for others to follow suit with them having any redress.

I don't blame her for being p*ssed off & complaining, I just think its naïve to expect that having tried it on (she could have contacted the club beforehand to explain the situation & ask for guidance), she can expect to dictate the outcome after having been rumbled.

Welcome to the world of modern day corporate football.

I disagree. This didn't become public until after their harsh treatment of a lifelong fan, so nobody would have known if they acted sensibly in this case and gave the lady her ST back with possibly a warning on her file. In fact, if he would have came in the public domain then it would have made the club look good instead of the totally incosiderate idiots this makes them look as.

Guest reefatoon

Totally agree.

The scrambling of moral high ground on here is laughable at times.

I wonder what these people would say if it was their disabled mother who wasn't going and offered them the ticket?

"Oh no mother, I couldn't possibly take that ticket, I am not disabled, therefore I would be taking such liberties as the club would be down a whole £3.50 on that ticket. I am quite disgusted in you for offering me it, and willfully trying to have me break the law in such shocking circumstances. I don't care if the kids can't go now, I have ridiculously high moral standards I must never step from".

Or would you just say "Aye ok, I will take them along"

Christ, we have all handed our ticket out to a friend/family member one time or another. Why should a disabled person be different?  Did she have to find another disabled person for it to be ok?  It's so petty and small time it's crackers.

exactly, my disabled next door neighbour asked me a while ago if I knew anyone who would want his ticket for the Norwich game because his son couldn't make it and he didn't feel comfortable going with anyone else as he's pretty self-conscious about his disability, ridiculous to think that that alone could of seen him have his season ticket taken off him.  I mean, me dad can't make a couple of games every season, yet there's never been a problem with other people using his season ticket, don't see why a disabled fan should be more harshly treated. 

What if an adult uses a child ticket?

In the terms and conditions of your season ticket you are allowed to pay the ticket office to upgrade the childs ticket to an adult one on 3 occasions each season.

I upgraded my daughters ticket for my brother in law for the Arsenal game and paid £14 to do so.

They just loaded it onto my daughters card.