Newcastle United 0 - 4 Spurs - 12/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

Guest bimpy474

I'm at the point where I welcome the beatings we are getting. The only way out this is for Ashley to sack Pardew and for that to happen, we need to continue this rotten abysmal run we are on and for supporters not to turn up in significant numbers. With a decent manager in place,  maybe we can at least enjoy the footy. After that there remains the Ashley problem but at least Pardew going would be a start.

Totally agree. I'm at the point of wanting us to get beat every single game now. Last night I found myself wanting Spurs to get a 5th and 6th toward the end. Its the only way any sort of positive change is going to happen at the club.

This is great, we can look even worse and stll have Pardew stinking up the place safe in his job. Aye sounds fucking ace that logic :thup:

Any other ideas for getting Pardew and Ashley out? Sustained defeats and fans not turning up are the only two things that would eventually force any form of positive change at the club. Its shit but that's the point we are at. To go to last nights match cost me a shift at work, petrol money and a horrendous journey in shitty weather. I've had it tbh. The sooner these cunts are in a mess they can't get out of without fucking off the better. At least then we can start rebuilding the club and enjoying ourselves again.

How is hoping for defeats an idea ffs? If you think losing more and more will help rebuild you are kidding, its more likely Ashley & Pardew will still be here after half our good players walk away sick of losing every week. We had sustained defeats last season and he survived so doing so comfortably safe in 9th is hardly going to be a deal breaker.

It won't get rid of Ashley but every game that shows up Pardew for the fraud he is will pile pressure on the owner. Bring on the next defeat.

Normally when an owner or chairman is getting stick because the teams is doing badly, they will change the manager to get them off the hook, or because the manager is doing shit. Unfortunately we have an owner who isn't fucking normal, and doesn't think like a normal person.

As it happens i dont think anyone needs to hope for defeats, we're going collect a fuck load because of this cunt anyways. Not that it will get him the sack i'm afraid to say.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm at the point where I welcome the beatings we are getting. The only way out this is for Ashley to sack Pardew and for that to happen, we need to continue this rotten abysmal run we are on and for supporters not to turn up in significant numbers. With a decent manager in place,  maybe we can at least enjoy the footy. After that there remains the Ashley problem but at least Pardew going would be a start.

Totally agree. I'm at the point of wanting us to get beat every single game now. Last night I found myself wanting Spurs to get a 5th and 6th toward the end. Its the only way any sort of positive change is going to happen at the club.

This is great, we can look even worse and stll have Pardew stinking up the place safe in his job. Aye sounds fucking ace that logic :thup:

Any other ideas for getting Pardew and Ashley out? Sustained defeats and fans not turning up are the only two things that would eventually force any form of positive change at the club. Its shit but that's the point we are at. To go to last nights match cost me a shift at work, petrol money and a horrendous journey in shitty weather. I've had it tbh. The sooner these cunts are in a mess they can't get out of without fucking off the better. At least then we can start rebuilding the club and enjoying ourselves again.

How is hoping for defeats an idea ffs? If you think losing more and more will help rebuild you are kidding, its more likely Ashley & Pardew will still be here after half our good players walk away sick of losing every week. We had sustained defeats last season and he survived so doing so comfortably safe in 9th is hardly going to be a deal breaker.

It won't get rid of Ashley but every game that shows up Pardew for the fraud he is will pile pressure on the owner. Bring on the next defeat.

So basically fans get to bury their heads in the sand blindly hoping one day Ashley will see sense(while pocketing a lot of money for our mid table finish/full houses)

Ok great, dont expect that to work too soon, best get buying next seasons ticket for another year of hope eh as i dont see why current ST holders should have all this fun?

Guest Roger Kint

I've got a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better for us going forward.

It will i agree, the 'idea' of doing fuck all as fans like above isnt going to achieve anything mind.

So basically fans get to bury their heads in the sand blindly hoping one day Ashley will see sense(while pocketing a lot of money for our mid table finish/full houses)

Ok great, dont expect that to work too soon, best get buying next seasons ticket for another year of hope eh as i dont see why current ST holders should have all this fun?

Were the fans singing for Pardew to give them a wave last night? No? Well that's progress as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Roger Kint

Were the fans singing for Pardew to give them a wave last night? No? Well that's progress as far as I'm concerned.

Silently accepting defeat isnt progress at all

Guest neesy111

The only protest is to stop giving them money for me that will work, though fans need to see a visible / vocal protest as well imo to rally the troops.

Side Pardew selected i thought was good, i would have had Ben Arfa for Gouff and Mym for Taylor but overall wasn't too disappointed.

:lol: Yeah, he got 9 out of 11 players right, so not too bad.  It's difficult to see where Pardew's responsibility begins at times with some people, even getting 9 out of the starting 11 right with limited available options is "good". :lol:

The only protest is to stop giving them money for me that will work, though fans need to see a visible / vocal protest as well imo to rally the troops.

When Souness was under pressure it was like the French revelution outside the Milburn, the fight is gone.  Its now a waiting game until Ashley has finished or is done using NUFC.

Visible protest gets the media on the bandwagon, and it hopefully snowballs from there.

Side Pardew selected i thought was good, i would have had Ben Arfa for Gouff and Mym for Taylor but overall wasn't too disappointed.

:lol: Yeah, he got 9 out of 11 players right, so not too bad.  It's difficult to see where Pardew's responsibility begins at times with some people, even getting 9 out of the starting 11 right with limited available options is "good". :lol:

Based on opinion. I was expecting a much worse side, didn't think Debuchy/Gouff/Cisse would be in the line up so was a boost to see their names. When i seen both line ups, silly me thought it was Sherwood who had fucked up as i would have made 3/4 changes to his side. Can't tell me when the line up came out you expected that sort of showing?

Guest Roger Kint

Visible protest gets the media on the bandwagon, and it hopefully snowballs from there.

Even a simple thing like fans not leaving the concourse til 5 mins in next week so Sky show a completely empty bowl would be massively ignored(not that ot would make Ashley quit like but would show fans are fighting together). Sadly for every active fan wanting to at least show some form of protest theres 10 happy to sit on their hands and continue to 'support the team' as anything involving effort isnt for them.

Even a simple thing like fans not leaving the concourse til 5 mins in next week so Sky show a completely empty bowl would be massively ignored(not that ot would make Ashley quit like but would show fans are fighting together). Sadly for every active fan wanting to at least show some form of protest theres 10 happy to sit on their hands and continue to 'support the team' as anything involving effort isnt for them.

Team would probably play better with the walk out tbh without the 40,000 idiots screaming at there every move. They seem to manage well enough in front of the few thousand actually supporting them away from home.

Guest Roger Kint

Team would probably play better with the walk out tbh without the 40,000 idiots screaming at there every move. They seem to manage well enough in front of the few thousand actually supporting them away from home.

Well they would know what was going on anyway if it was an organised thing. All this guff about 'dont do this it affects the players'.....if the crowd distracts them so much taking their seats after 5 mins of the game(rather than an hour of silence last night followed by quiet dissention/walkouts) then god help them. Its hardly like a trip to Galatasaray they are facing

Guest neesy111

You talk some utter shite, but this tops it.

St James' Park was a morgue last night so they probably didn't hear a thing on the pitch.

Guest reefatoon

Staggering post.  What we need is 50,000 Brett's in the ground to win the league.  Absolute numpty.

sorry Alan. :lol:

You talk some utter s****, but this tops it.

St James' Park was a morgue last night so they probably didn't hear a thing on the pitch.

You can't tell me you can't hear the moans and groans around the whole stadium at any given opportunity. I think Taylor went for a long ball at one point and Adebayor closed it down and it bounced back to Krul and people were going mental. There was situations like that throughout the game which were nothing basically and the crowd were getting on their backs. If Anita dwelled on it, or if Sammy didn't pass, or if Sissoko misplaced a pass or someone didn't dive into a tackle... 'Get into them, fuck them up' such a cringeworthy chant.

Staggering post.  What we need is 50,000 Brett's in the ground to win the league.  Absolute numpty.

Our away fans are fantastic. Probably the best in the league imo. Our home fans on the other hand.. so much  :facepalm:

i don't know how i feel about "wishing" for defeats myself tbh, i don't myself however i certainly feel a sustained run of shitness is all that will see pardew away...seeing pardew away is step 1 in the change process for me really

as regards him hanging on i'm not really so sure this time, we could realistically be looking at a very, very poor run to the end of the season and a finish out of the top 10 is very possible at this stage, i'm really not convinced he'll survive that this time after the amount of flannel he's given about the europa league being the excuse last year

he's got literally nothing to defend him now in the eyes of ashley, maybe the sale of cabaye but if that's enough for ashley to accept how shit the man is then we all might as well pack it in now and save the money for our bairns to go along when ashley dies

Guest neesy111

Well, with the fans moaning on about the passback thing, well it was about the 5th/6th time the same pattern had happened to which spurs caught on to.  i.e. Krul to Santon / Taylor, a few passes then back to Krul then long kick to no one.  Like with all of our play last night, it was predictable with no cohesion so the fans were rightly getting annoyed by it.

Well, with the fans moaning on about the passback thing, well it was about the 5th/6th time the same pattern had happened to which spurs caught on to.  i.e. Krul to Santon / Taylor, a few passes then back to Krul then long kick to no one.  Like with all of our play last night, it was predictable with no cohesion so the fans were rightly getting annoyed by it.

It was slow, laboured and aimless in the main.

Spurs were quick and slick with lots of movement and won the ball back off us very easily.

Spurs corners got on my nerves.

We kept everyone back inside our own 18 yard box for every corner so when we did clear the ball it just came straight back at us.

Leave someone on the halfwayline to occupy their defenders and at least mean there is someone to aim at when the corner is cleared.