Newcastle United 0 - 4 Spurs - 12/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

Guest Roger Kint

I'm at the point where I welcome the beatings we are getting. The only way out this is for Ashley to sack Pardew and for that to happen, we need to continue this rotten abysmal run we are on and for supporters not to turn up in significant numbers. With a decent manager in place,  maybe we can at least enjoy the footy. After that there remains the Ashley problem but at least Pardew going would be a start.

Totally agree. I'm at the point of wanting us to get beat every single game now. Last night I found myself wanting Spurs to get a 5th and 6th toward the end. Its the only way any sort of positive change is going to happen at the club.

This is great, we can look even worse and stll have Pardew stinking up the place safe in his job. Aye sounds fucking ace that logic :thup:

i don't know how i feel about "wishing" for defeats myself tbh, i don't myself however i certainly feel a sustained run of shitness is all that will see pardew away...seeing pardew away is step 1 in the change process for me really

as regards him hanging on i'm not really so sure this time, we could realistically be looking at a very, very poor run to the end of the season and a finish out of the top 10 is very possible at this stage, i'm really not convinced he'll survive that this time after the amount of flannel he's given about the europa league being the excuse last year

he's got literally nothing to defend him now in the eyes of ashley, maybe the sale of cabaye but if that's enough for ashley to accept how shit the man is then we all might as well pack it in now and save the money for our bairns to go along when ashley dies

Point is that we know football doesnt work like that, Remy, Colo & Tiote etc will come back and results will improve to around average/poor til the summer and we wont acheive a single thing as fans for sitting doing nowt but wishing for defeats except wasting more time and money. Wishing acheives nothing at all otherwise this post would be sent from a beach somewhere not a cold office.

Well, with the fans moaning on about the passback thing, well it was about the 5th/6th time the same pattern had happened to which spurs caught on to.  i.e. Krul to Santon / Taylor, a few passes then back to Krul then long kick to no one.  Like with all of our play last night, it was predictable with no cohesion so the fans were rightly getting annoyed by it.

But they were groaning in the first half when we were playing the ball to Anita, who would get closed down, back to Taylor who would pass to Williamson then Williamson would look up, see a Spurs player, crowd go mental, Williamson then just plays safe and goes back to Krul instead of forgetting about the crowd and just look for next pass to outfield player.

Teams who pass it out are going to be closed down, be you just stay calm and collected and look for your team mate. We end up panicking and just going back to Krul and until we calm ourselves down, we are always going to be watching long ball after long ball. We manage to pass the ball well from the back away from home but there's no patience for it at home imo.

I'm at the point where I welcome the beatings we are getting. The only way out this is for Ashley to sack Pardew and for that to happen, we need to continue this rotten abysmal run we are on and for supporters not to turn up in significant numbers. With a decent manager in place,  maybe we can at least enjoy the footy. After that there remains the Ashley problem but at least Pardew going would be a start.

Totally agree. I'm at the point of wanting us to get beat every single game now. Last night I found myself wanting Spurs to get a 5th and 6th toward the end. Its the only way any sort of positive change is going to happen at the club.

This is great, we can look even worse and stll have Pardew stinking up the place safe in his job. Aye sounds fucking ace that logic :thup:

i don't know how i feel about "wishing" for defeats myself tbh, i don't myself however i certainly feel a sustained run of shitness is all that will see pardew away...seeing pardew away is step 1 in the change process for me really

as regards him hanging on i'm not really so sure this time, we could realistically be looking at a very, very poor run to the end of the season and a finish out of the top 10 is very possible at this stage, i'm really not convinced he'll survive that this time after the amount of flannel he's given about the europa league being the excuse last year

he's got literally nothing to defend him now in the eyes of ashley, maybe the sale of cabaye but if that's enough for ashley to accept how shit the man is then we all might as well pack it in now and save the money for our bairns to go along when ashley dies

Point is that we know football doesnt work like that, Remy, Colo & Tiote etc will come back and results will improve to around average/poor til the summer and we wont acheive a single thing as fans for sitting doing nowt but wishing for defeats except wasting more time and money. Wishing acheives nothing at all otherwise this post would be sent from a beach somewhere not a cold office.

What're you saying, there should be marches and shit?

Not sure you're right about those players coming back and saving him, he's back in the dark cave of insanity and fail from last season, the only teams we're likely to take points from are those that beat themselves. Fortunately for the cunt we might be facing one next.

Well, with the fans moaning on about the passback thing, well it was about the 5th/6th time the same pattern had happened to which spurs caught on to.  i.e. Krul to Santon / Taylor, a few passes then back to Krul then long kick to no one.  Like with all of our play last night, it was predictable with no cohesion so the fans were rightly getting annoyed by it.

But they were groaning in the first half when we were playing the ball to Anita, who would get closed down, back to Taylor who would pass to Williamson then Williamson would look up, see a Spurs player, crowd go mental, Williamson then just plays safe and goes back to Krul instead of forgetting about the crowd and just look for next pass to outfield player.

Teams who pass it out are going to be closed down, be you just stay calm and collected and look for your team mate. We end up panicking and just going back to Krul and until we calm ourselves down, we are always going to be watching long ball after long ball. We manage to pass the ball well from the back away from home but there's no patience for it at home imo.

The fans at the ground have traditionally wanted fast attacking football, but that doesn't mean they want to see the ball humped long. Yes there is a section that gets nervous when a player passes backwards, but that's because they don't see enough movement of players going forwards. There weren't many groans when SBR and Keegan had us passing it about were there?

So frustrating not knowing what outcome to want from our matches. Of course when we win I celebrated and am happy, but on reflection those victories just provide Pardew with a buffer following defeats like last night. Can't fully enjoy a victory but neither am I comfortable with us losing all our games from here to the end of the season. Argh this club!

The fans at the ground have traditionally wanted fast attacking football, but that doesn't mean they want to see the ball humped long. Yes there is a section that gets nervous when a player passes backwards, but that's because they don't see enough movement of players going forwards. There weren't many groans when SBR and Keegan had us passing it about were there?

It's Taylor/Williamson though, we've hardly got two centre backs who are 'footballers' so to speak. It's not going to be pretty but they are still capable of getting the ball and passing it to the full back or someone who comes short, there's no harm in Anita picking it up then going back over and starting the move again.

Was like when Toure for Liverpool gifted West Brom that goal other week. Rodgers just brushed it off and said it's not Toure's fault, i instruct him to pass it out, he may not be comfortable as most with it but it's the way we play and i want him to keep playing the ball out. That's the attitude it should be like. So what if a pass is misplaced or a player looks slow when passing it out, least he's looking to keep possession and not intending to be aimless and wasteful.

Racism from the back of the Gallowgate after their 1st goal was pretty :anguish:

?

Adebayor doing that stupid salute thing.

'Black bastard'

'Black cunt'

'Fuck off you're black'

Ect. Cringe as fuck man.

Fuck's sake. :(

Fucking arseholes. :dave:

Guest Roger Kint

What're you saying, there should be marches and shit?

Not sure you're right about those players coming back and saving him, he's back in the dark cave of insanity and fail from last season, the only teams we're likely to take points from are those that beat themselves. Fortunately for the cunt we might be facing one next.

I dont know what to do, all i know is this wishing bullshit is a copout to do fuck all and accept it. Its such an awful attitude to have while doing nothing yourself.

You are aware what you said about beating teams is exactly what i said right? I didnt say for one second that we would suddenly take on all comers, that obvious clue was hidden in 'improve to average/poor' as opposed to fucking terrible.

The players deserve some of the blame but if nobody else at the club gives a f*** why should they? They were doing fine before when we shot up the table and showed we could mix it up with the 'top' clubs. Then we showed no ambition to improve in January and were told that 8th f***ing place was good enough. We sold our best player and, maybe even more importantly, the one leader in the squad. Most players are dumb but they're smart enough to know that the season is over. If the owner only cares about money, should the players care about anything more than playing out the season and picking up their wages? They should play for the fans, yet it's the players who (allegedly) know the fans and the area the most that have been some of our weakest.

The owner doesn't care, the manager doesn't care and the players don't care. The perfect hattrick of indifference and mediocrity. Beautiful. Now that I'm closer I had wanted to finally make my first trip over to see Newcastle this season, but what's the point? I'll just save my money as long as Ashley saves his. What a joke.

Well said that man :)

BrettNUFC has blamed every cunt except for the man whose penis he aches to have inside him.

Once again the sustainability of the way Pardew has us playing and how he selects his team is found out and once again you've got your head in the sand.

The players deserve some of the blame but if nobody else at the club gives a f*** why should they? They were doing fine before when we shot up the table and showed we could mix it up with the 'top' clubs. Then we showed no ambition to improve in January and were told that 8th f***ing place was good enough. We sold our best player and, maybe even more importantly, the one leader in the squad. Most players are dumb but they're smart enough to know that the season is over. If the owner only cares about money, should the players care about anything more than playing out the season and picking up their wages? They should play for the fans, yet it's the players who (allegedly) know the fans and the area the most that have been some of our weakest.

The owner doesn't care, the manager doesn't care and the players don't care. The perfect hattrick of indifference and mediocrity. Beautiful. Now that I'm closer I had wanted to finally make my first trip over to see Newcastle this season, but what's the point? I'll just save my money as long as Ashley saves his. What a joke.

Well said that man :)

Yep, it's bang on. We didn't strengthen after finishing 5th, we didn't strengthen after finishing 16th. The only target is to avoid relegation, and we've already done that. Why bother with anything else?

It's depressingly predictable.

Last night was terrible. It was wet, windy, cold, we lost 4-0 and worst of all I had that weird cunt who paints himself in black and white and wears an NUFC flag as a sarong sit a few rows in front of me.

Terrible.

:lol: He seemed to be the leader of an unbelievably tragic protest pre-match opposite Shearers.

BrettNUFC has blamed every c*** except for the man whose penis he aches to have inside him.

Once again the sustainability of the way Pardew has us playing and how he selects his team is found out and once again you've got your head in the sand.

Well you lot do the Pardew criticism, no point having another one making the same points. Forum would be pointless if we just all banged on about the exact same thing. Pardew was massively at fault last night, we got beat 4-0 and we were tactically inept and outclassed by a Spurs side who weren't full strength or at their best. Doesn't just stop at the maangers door though, there's plenty of blame to be placed elsewhere too.

BrettNUFC has blamed every c*** except for the man whose penis he aches to have inside him.

Well you lot do the Pardew criticism, no point having another one making the same points. Forum would be pointless if we just all banged on about the exact same thing. Pardew was massively at fault last night, we got beat 4-0 and we were tactically inept and outclassed by a Spurs side who weren't full strength or at their best. Doesn't just stop at the maangers door though, there's plenty of blame to be placed elsewhere too.

You laughed at Wullie for him expecting it to be a rough evening. You thought his realism was funny.

You laughed at Wullie for him expecting it to be a rough evening. You thought his realism was funny.

Nobody fancied last night, but it's not always that plain sailing. Wullie said he would come on and slag Pardew off in every game regardless of result after Swansea, we beat Man Utd away and he comes on happy as larry with the praise.

I felt how i did last night before Chelsea, one game we win 2-0 and the other we got humped 4-0. Part of the emotion of football, highs and lows.

Thick as two short planks.

Coming from the bloke who predicted a relegation battle in the summer and how we will be lucky to scrape to safety again :lol:

Yeah because we were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo convincing last season. Oh wait all those signings we added in the summer!

But the person who is apparently is thick as two short planks along with a few others predicted a comfortable top 10 finish. My original prediction was 8th and i'm still happy to stick with that. Southampton are in good form but like every team their poor run will come back along sooner or later and we can still capitalize on that.

Don't think it was particularly that hard to look at last season, weigh it up sensibly and come out with the conclusion we aren't a relegation battling side and it may have been a one off. Many just looked at the negatives, thought about the 'excuses' but eventually brushed them off and thought with Pardew, we are doomed to near relegation once again. Hasn’t turned out that way and there was talk of top 6/4 with a good xmas period. Instead we fucked our chances and are sadly cashing in on mid table mediocrity.

We’ve steadied the ship from last season and avoided any relegation talk which is about only positive to take from this season. Hopefully we can kick on over the summer but that’s down to Ashley to do so.

Guest reefatoon

Coming from the bloke who predicted a relegation battle in the summer and how we will be lucky to scrape to safety again :lol:

Yeah because we were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo convincing last season. Oh wait all those signings we added in the summer!

But the person who is apparently is thick as two short planks along with a few others predicted a comfortable top 10 finish. My original prediction was 8th and i'm still happy to stick with that. Southampton are in good form but like every team their poor run will come back along sooner or later and we can still capitalize on that.

Don't think it was particularly that hard to look at last season, weigh it up sensibly and come out with the conclusion we aren't a relegation battling side and it may have been a one off. Many just looked at the negatives, thought about the 'excuses' but eventually brushed them off and thought with Pardew, we are doomed to near relegation once again. Hasn’t turned out that way and there was talk of top 6/4 with a good xmas period. Instead we f***ed our chances and are sadly cashing in on mid table mediocrity.

We’ve steadied the ship from last season and avoided any relegation talk which is about only positive to take from this season. Hopefully we can kick on over the summer but that’s down to Ashley to do so.

It's not comfortable at all though you numpty bollocks. We are in freefall or haven't you noticed?

Don't think it was particularly that hard to look at last season, weigh it up sensibly and come out with the conclusion we aren't a relegation battling side and it may have been a one off. Many just looked at the negatives, thought about the 'excuses' but eventually brushed them off and thought with Pardew, we are doomed to near relegation once again. Hasn’t turned out that way and there was talk of top 6/4 with a good xmas period. Instead we f***ed our chances and are sadly cashing in on mid table mediocrity.

It's not comfortable at all though you numpty bollocks. We are in freefall or haven't you noticed?

We sealed top 10 about two month ago. Looking at them teams below us we would really have to f*** things up to blow that. I mean i know results lately have been woeful but i can't see that lasting rest of the season. Colo/Tiote/Remy are three massive players to have back in our side and will get some sort of spine back in the side.

Don't think it was particularly that hard to look at last season, weigh it up sensibly and come out with the conclusion we aren't a relegation battling side and it may have been a one off. Many just looked at the negatives, thought about the 'excuses' but eventually brushed them off and thought with Pardew, we are doomed to near relegation once again. Hasn’t turned out that way and there was talk of top 6/4 with a good xmas period. Instead we fucked our chances and are sadly cashing in on mid table mediocrity.

"steadied the ship" :lol: