Newcastle United 0 - 4 Spurs - 12/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

What did I just freeze my bollocks off for? :anguish: Just a miserable affair from start to finish.

Was fuming at half time at the fact we'd lined up with those two immobile lumps upfront, then realised in the second half that Ben Arfa and Marveaux have the combined passion of a screwdriver. Don't know what to think right now, but that was f***ing ghastly. The effort from some at the end when Spurs were going for their 4th was disgusting.

:lol: yeah passion wins games tbh. Would rather not start skilful players like.

The bloke who scored their first and third goals is famed for his commitment and passion. :laugh:

What did I just freeze my bollocks off for? :anguish: Just a miserable affair from start to finish.

Was fuming at half time at the fact we'd lined up with those two immobile lumps upfront, then realised in the second half that Ben Arfa and Marveaux have the combined passion of a screwdriver. Don't know what to think right now, but that was f***ing ghastly. The effort from some at the end when Spurs were going for their 4th was disgusting.

:lol: yeah passion wins games tbh. Would rather not start skilful players like.

The bloke who scored their first and third goals is famed for his committment and passion. :laugh:

I'd have started Ben Arfa fwiw. Let's just ignore the fact he gave up after about 10 minutes though. He's far from the only one, but howay man, the sweet prince shouldn't be immune from criticism.

Guest elbee909

Just got home from football practice (usually skip it to watch us play) Seems like things went well and that i did miss quite a match. Impressive!

Pardew should be given more time to turn us aroung though!

Shut up.

You shut up!

Like I give a s***.

Then why did you ask me to shut up? Honestly, what's the reason for it? Can you blame me for being fucking tired of Pardew and all the shit that is going on? Im beyond of having any hope left.

I honestly didn't realise you were being sarcastic.  I think it's just seeing everything as fucking awful that made me think you weren't being sarcastic. :lol: Apologies.

Racism from the back of the Gallowgate after their 1st goal was pretty :anguish:

?

Adebayor doing that stupid salute thing.

'Black b******'

'Black c***'

'f*** off you're black'

Ect. Cringe as f*** man.

arseholes

Unfortunately we have very few (if any) players with both passion and genuine ability. When the chips are down this becomes a problem, not to mention the awful lack of leadership on and off the field.

:thup: It's a massive, massive problem.

Racism from the back of the Gallowgate after their 1st goal was pretty :anguish:

?

Adebayor doing that stupid salute thing.

'Black bastard'

'Black cunt'

'Fuck off you're black'

Ect. Cringe as fuck man.

Fuck's sake. :(

Unfortunately we have very few (if any) players with both passion and genuine ability. When the chips are down this becomes a problem, not to mention the awful lack of leadership on and off the field.

Really missing Colo and Tiote.

;)

Agree with this.

:thup: A lack of leadership, coupled with average ability (Saylor, Willo, Sissoko etc) results in low confidence and questionable character.

For all Colo isn't a natural leader, his ability on the ball inspires confidence in others. He's the bigger loss imho.

Well, that was fun. Anyone want an ST for the rest of the season, starting bid, pack of rolos... No-one? Half pack? half sucked mentos?

Had it with this shower, was seriously debating sacking it off when I couldn't get parked. Finally found a spot, walked about a mile in the rain and wind and for what? A couple of half-baked chances, a lot of half-arsed performances and an absolute clueless charlatan in charge.

I'm resigned to accepting the fact we have a limited team and a limited manager. Not going to lay the blame at the feet of our players, after all its hardly their fault they're not good enough. The lack of investment is as clear as day and until the FCB leaves we're going to have to accept that we're going nowhere whatsoever other than into the depths of mediocrity.

Our line-up looked encouraging on paper, but in reality a midfield pairing of Anita and Sissoko is never going to work considering neither is capable of playing centrally in a four-man midfield. The lack of creativity and movement in the first half was crippling, the only player intelligent enough to make the right kind of runs was Debuchy, and Anita always seems to make himself available but then there's nobody around or willing to show for the ball. We had a period in the second half when Marveaux came on and we looked a bit more fluid, but there was still no discernible pattern to our play, it all just seemed disjointed and awkward which is unacceptable considering this was Pardew's 150th game.

I do agree, but what passion/commitment that is there in the players has been eroded and nullified. The lack of ambition from the top down has washed away a culture which can sustain professional pride, I can't see how it couldn't tbh.

I'm not as convinced our first XI is as poor, ability wise, as they've been showing lately. Cabaye is a fucking huge loss though, and our balance has been thrown the fuck off without him. Still, our first XI is only a few players short of being a pretty decent outfit that can compete well with most teams. Well, in theory anyway if not with Pardew. Beneath that, we're a long, long way off a top four squad.

I do agree, but what passion/commitment that is there in the players has been eroded and nullified. The lack of ambition from the top down has washed away a culture which can sustain professional pride, I can't see how it couldn't tbh.

:thup: It's not like all of our players have been this gutless always.