Newcastle United 0 - 4 Spurs - 12/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

Guest neesy111

Sherwood's recovery at Spurs has been impressive, people wax lyrical about Arsenal this season but Spurs are just 6 points behind them.

"Individual results", in that context sounds like "isolated incidents". Which they aren't. Some were laughed off on here when they were worried that we relied too heavily on Remy and Cabaye and their individual brilliance to score goals. Well guess what....(not aimed at you Ian, but just saying).

That Spurs side was nothing special and they've hammered us without being all that great. We were an absolute shambles. The two CB's and the two CM's should hang their head in shame. Krul shouldn't escaped from criticism either, absolutely pathetic goalkeeping. Thought Cisse/De Jong/Sammy/Debuchy worked hard and looked like the only ones who could be bothered.

Side Pardew selected i thought was good, i would have had Ben Arfa for Gouff and Mym for Taylor but overall wasn't too disappointed. Taylor was once again a fucking mess and Gouffran looked a million miles off the pace of the game. Unless Santon was injured, i'm sick and tired of that pointless LB change, proper waste. I've yet to see Dummett/Haidara make any sort of impact on a game. If he's not happy with Santon don't fucking pick him to start with. Then Ben Arfa/Marv subs were the right calls but game was done and dusted by the team they arrived really even if there was still 20 plus minutes on the clock.

Going to also have to have another dig at our fans because I just don’t understand their logic. We tell ourselves we don't want long balls, we want to play it from the back and keep the ball...yet when Williamson Taylor Anita were passing it amongst themselves but being well pressured, crowd were screaming at them just to kick it long? I mean they are trying to pass it out and keep the ball but soon as they are closed down the crowd panic and scream, in turn the players then panic and the ball is rushed back to Krul for the inevitable long ball. We are never going to be able to pass the ball from defence if the players aren't allowed just to play their own game without the whole crowd going mental as soon as they are pressurized.

Also going to have to have a mention for Adebayor. Maybe those on here who had a pop at him and said he wouldn’t get a game for us will have changed their mind on him after realising just how good this bloke is. He was sensational last night. His touch, his flicks, his movement, his energy, his hold up play…all this class on a freezing cold Wednesday night away from home and people doubt his mentality. He’s a world class striker and Spurs are very lucky to have such a talent spearheading their attack. In this kind of form, not many defenders can cope with him as he has all the attributes you need for a top CF.

Guest reefatoon

Also going to have to have a mention for Adebayor. Maybe those on here who had a pop at him and said he wouldn’t get a game for us will have changed their mind on him after realising just how good this bloke is. He was sensational last night. His touch, his flicks, his movement, his energy, his hold up play…all this class on a freezing cold Wednesday night away from home and people doubt his mentality. He’s a world class striker and Spurs are very lucky to have such a talent spearheading their attack. In this kind of form, not many defenders can cope with him as he has all the attributes you need for a top CF.

It's amazing what a player can do when he has a bit of faith from his new manager. The same probably with the majority of our own players.

It's amazing what a player can do when he has a bit of faith from his new manager. The same probably with the majority of our own players.

Be prepared for Adebayor to disappear again fairly shortly mind.

So i keep hearing, people said once the transfer window closes he would go off the boil. Yet here he was last night in awful conditions tearing us a new one, looking full of energy, enthusiasm and bundles of class.

Going to also have to have another dig at our fans because I just don’t understand their logic. We tell ourselves we don't want long balls, we want to play it from the back and keep the ball...yet when Williamson Taylor Anita were passing it amongst themselves but being well pressured, crowd were screaming at them just to kick it long? I mean they are trying to pass it out and keep the ball but soon as they are closed down the crowd panic and scream, in turn the players then panic and the ball is rushed back to Krul for the inevitable long ball. We are never going to be able to pass the ball from defence if the players aren't allowed just to play their own game without the whole crowd going mental as soon as they are pressurized.

What was the score at this point?

Guest Howaythetoon

That Spurs side was nothing special and they've hammered us without being all that great. We were an absolute shambles. The two CB's and the two CM's should hang their head in shame. Krul shouldn't escaped from criticism either, absolutely pathetic goalkeeping. Thought Cisse/De Jong/Sammy/Debuchy worked hard and looked like the only ones who could be bothered.

Side Pardew selected i thought was good, i would have had Ben Arfa for Gouff and Mym for Taylor but overall wasn't too disappointed. Taylor was once again a f***ing mess and Gouffran looked a million miles off the pace of the game. Unless Santon was injured, i'm sick and tired of that pointless LB change, proper waste. I've yet to see Dummett/Haidara make any sort of impact on a game. If he's not happy with Santon don't f***ing pick him to start with. Then Ben Arfa/Marv subs were the right calls but game was done and dusted by the team they arrived really even if there was still 20 plus minutes on the clock.

Blames fans, blames players...

And Pardew?

I don't think anyone has mentioned Adebayor not getting a game for us nor questioned his talent, but that he's incredibly frustrating when he couldn't be bothered a lot of the time. Look at those seasons at Man City and Spurs where he couldn't give a damn. He performed only when motivated (1st season signing for Man City and Spurs, 2nd seasons were rank; sent on loan to Real Madrid with a certain Mourinho as boss; doing the job once AVB was sacked).  If he ever falls out with Sherwood you can safely assume he'd be back for caring only for himself.

As for coming here, I've strong doubts great motivator Pardew could get anything near his best for us. Especially when heads have dropped as they usually do here.

Guest reefatoon

So i keep hearing, people said once the transfer window closes he would go off the boil. Yet here he was last night in awful conditions tearing us a new one, looking full of energy, enthusiasm and bundles of class.

You also missed confidence.  something he is getting through having a manager who shows faith in him.

1-0 possibly, was fairly early on anyways.

Guest reefatoon

Damn fucking fans, what a total bunch of bastards we are.

You also missed confidence.  something he is getting through having a manager who shows faith in him.

I never miss confidence, i've always maintained that's one of the biggest things in football. Adebayor just needs to feel wanted and loved by fans/manager and Sherwood has given him a chance which AVB never gave him and he's repaying the faith and got Spurs back on track almost on his own.

Guest reefatoon

I never miss confidence, i've always maintained that's one of the biggest things in football. Adebayor just needs to feel wanted and loved by fans/manager and Sherwood has given him a chance which AVB never gave him and he's repaying the faith and got Spurs back on track almost on his own.

Exactly right.  Would love to see the same reaction with the majority of our players.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

We weren't that good but credit to Spurs. They outmuscled us everywhere yesterday. The likes of Anita, Santon, Debuchy and even Sissoko were having trouble dealing with their physicality even if they are known to be a passing side. Also defending was poor again: Krul was to blame especially for the first but for the rest we weren't winning enough second balls in our own penalty box which says a lot of our defending. In front of goal we did once again get our chances but didn't stick it in the net. If we scored first yesterday or against Chelsea we'd definitely have a different match in our hands but we missed one on ones and our opponents scored easily at the other end. At least we have Remy back

Damn f***ing fans, what a total bunch of b******s we are.

Might have even been 0-0, not entirely sure. Was just early on and we are screaming for players to hoof it. Just don't understand it. You're never going to be able to have a side who passes the ball out if the crowd get agitated seeing them being closed down and start screaming at them to clear their lines. It wouldn't even bother me if Taylor/Williamson/Anita got the ball nicked off them or one of them misplaced a pass and Spurs went and scored as at least they are trying to play it out.

I'm at the point where I welcome the beatings we are getting. The only way out this is for Ashley to sack Pardew and for that to happen, we need to continue this rotten abysmal run we are on and for supporters not to turn up in significant numbers. With a decent manager in place,  maybe we can at least enjoy the footy. After that there remains the Ashley problem but at least Pardew going would be a start.

Totally agree. I'm at the point of wanting us to get beat every single game now. Last night I found myself wanting Spurs to get a 5th and 6th toward the end. Its the only way any sort of positive change is going to happen at the club.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm at the point where I welcome the beatings we are getting. The only way out this is for Ashley to sack Pardew and for that to happen, we need to continue this rotten abysmal run we are on and for supporters not to turn up in significant numbers. With a decent manager in place,  maybe we can at least enjoy the footy. After that there remains the Ashley problem but at least Pardew going would be a start.

Totally agree. I'm at the point of wanting us to get beat every single game now. Last night I found myself wanting Spurs to get a 5th and 6th toward the end. Its the only way any sort of positive change is going to happen at the club.

This is great, we can look even worse and stll have Pardew stinking up the place safe in his job. Aye sounds fucking ace that logic :thup:

We weren't that good but credit to Spurs. They outmuscled us everywhere yesterday. The likes of Anita, Santon, Debuchy and even Sissoko were having trouble dealing with their physicality even if they are known to be a passing side. Also defending was poor again: Krul was to blame especially for the first but for the rest we weren't winning enough second balls in our own penalty box which says a lot of our defending. In front of goal we did once again get our chances but didn't stick it in the net. If we scored first yesterday or against Chelsea we'd definitely have a different match in our hands but we missed one on ones and our opponents scored easily at the other end. At least we have Remy back

...and what happens when he leaves at the end of the season..??

This is great, we can look even worse and stll have Pardew stinking up the place safe in his job. Aye sounds fucking ace that logic :thup:

Any other ideas for getting Pardew and Ashley out? Sustained defeats and fans not turning up are the only two things that would eventually force any form of positive change at the club. Its shit but that's the point we are at. To go to last nights match cost me a shift at work, petrol money and a horrendous journey in shitty weather. I've had it tbh. The sooner these cunts are in a mess they can't get out of without fucking off the better. At least then we can start rebuilding the club and enjoying ourselves again.

Guest Roger Kint

Any other ideas for getting Pardew and Ashley out? Sustained defeats and fans not turning up are the only two things that would eventually force any form of positive change at the club. Its shit but that's the point we are at. To go to last nights match cost me a shift at work, petrol money and a horrendous journey in shitty weather. I've had it tbh. The sooner these cunts are in a mess they can't get out of without fucking off the better. At least then we can start rebuilding the club and enjoying ourselves again.

How is hoping for defeats an idea ffs? If you think losing more and more will help rebuild you are kidding, its more likely Ashley & Pardew will still be here after half our good players walk away sick of losing every week. We had sustained defeats last season and he survived so doing so comfortably safe in 9th is hardly going to be a deal breaker.

How is hoping for defeats an idea ffs? If you think losing more and more will help rebuild you are kidding, its more likely Ashley & Pardew will still be here after half our good players walk away sick of losing every week. We had sustained defeats last season and he survived so doing so comfortably safe in 9th is hardly going to be a deal breaker.

It won't get rid of Ashley but every game that shows up Pardew for the fraud he is will pile pressure on the owner. Bring on the next defeat.