Not worthy of a thread - UEFA Euro 2016 edition

Trumpet

Surely got to give Michel Preud'homme the gig after the Euros. Done a brilliant job pretty much everywhere, would've had him before Rafa.

If they fail to reach the semis at least he has to be in danger of the boot.

Cyrus Christie Irish!? I ain't having that! Joke how someone who isn't born in that country or who they and there parents have never even been to that country is eligible to play for them, should be where your born or if you spent a decent part of your childhood living there.

Not my great grandmas best friend was half Irish bollocks

Keep Ireland Irish

Love how it always gets a reaction

:lol: :lol:

Literally. How can England be 'desperate' in comparison to ROI when most of the squad are a) decent players b) born in the country? Robbie Keane tho  :lol:

Hope Northern Ireland do well though, I wonder how long they can keep their unbeaten run going. Considering they're such a small country, and have players nicked from them by their cousins, O'Neill's done a superb job. I think they've got a good chance of getting through to the knockout stages.

Seems a good egg Michael O'Neill. His 'big interview' podcast with Graham Hunter is worth a listen if you're that way inclined. Mag too.

Will give that listen definitely :thup:

I remember thinking 'who the fuck is this guy?' when NI appointed him. What he's done with that squad is absolutely miraculous. Really likeable bloke as well.

Quite a few of Nothern Ireland's players were born in England too like, one was born in Canada. Hypocrisy.

England may well have decent players but they're f***ing s**** like. I reckon this is the best they'll do in an International tournament for a while though.

I don't remember talking about where NI's players were born? Must have missed that one. Still though, considering the size of the country, they've only got a few whilst your lot have got a third of your squad born overseas.

England aren't 'fucking shit', that's just you being emotional. They're certainly not great but they're decent enough. Plus they actually do this thing called 'regularly qualify for international tournaments.' I personally don't see them going further than the quarters but I hope I'm wrong, I think there's a couple of individuals that could win them games.

I'd be interested to know what nation are the most 'homogenous' as such? I would hazard a guess that it would be a country like Iceland?

Cyrus Christie Irish!? I ain't having that! Joke how someone who isn't born in that country or who they and there parents have never even been to that country is eligible to play for them, should be where your born or if you spent a decent part of your childhood living there.

Keep Ireland Irish

:thup:

Damn foreigners, coming to our country and helping us occasionally qualify for international tournaments because we can't on our own  :rant:

Keep Ireland Irish

Damn foreigners, coming to our country and helping us occasionally qualify for international tournaments because we can't on our own  :rant:

You do realise these players have family connections to Ireland, yes? English people only take the piss out of Ireland about this because we became at least as good as you in the late 80's and 90's when we first started taking advantage of the rule

I don't remember talking about where NI's players were born? Must have missed that one. Still though, considering the size of the country, they've only got a few whilst your lot have got a third of your squad born overseas.

England aren't 'fucking shit', that's just you being emotional. They're certainly not great but they're decent enough. Plus they actually do this thing called 'regularly qualify for international tournaments.' I personally don't see them going further than the quarters but I hope I'm wrong, I think there's a couple of individuals that could win them games.

I'd be interested to know what nation are the most 'homogenous' as such? I would hazard a guess that it would be a country like Iceland?

You slagged off the Republic for having English born players and then say you hope N.I. do well. :lol: Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Also, England are shit. They're the biggest underachievers in International football. Complete bottlers. Managers have no balls. World Cup 2014 they finished dead last in the group. World Cup 2010 they scraped out of the weakest group in the entire competition and then got absolutely thumped by Germany. Euro 2012 beat in quarters, Euro 2008 they didn't even qualify. Absolutely horrendous for a nation such as England.

Maybe this time it'll be different though. Football's coming home and all that jazz. :thup:

Keep Ireland Irish

You do realise these players have family connections to Ireland, yes? English people only take the p*ss out of Ireland about this because we became at least as good as you in the late 80's and 90's when we first started taking advantage of the rule

Dunno what you're on about, I'm Kenyan.  :)

England aren't 'f***ing s***', that's just you being emotional. They're certainly not great but they're decent enough. Plus they actually do this thing called 'regularly qualify for international tournaments.' I personally don't see them going further than the quarters but I hope I'm wrong, I think there's a couple of individuals that could win them games.

You slagged off the Republic for having English born players and then say you hope N.I. do well. :lol: Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Also, England are s***. They're the biggest underachievers in International football. Complete bottlers. Managers have no balls. World Cup 2014 they finished dead last in the group. World Cup 2010 they scraped out of the weakest group in the entire competition and then got absolutely thumped by Germany. Euro 2012 beat in quarters, Euro 2008 they didn't even qualify. Absolutely horrendous for a nation such as England.

Maybe this time it'll be different though. Football's coming home and all that jazz. :thup:

Aside from the emotional hysteria you're splurting  :lol: I actually agree with you to an extent. They're not 'fucking shit', but they certainly are perennial underachievers when it comes to international tournaments. Since Euro 96, they've not done much of note. Which makes it even more hilarious that you lot need to borrow a bunch of Englishmen to help you even get to said tournaments in the first place. :thup:

Keep Ireland Irish

You do realise these players have family connections to Ireland, yes? English people only take the p*ss out of Ireland about this because we became at least as good as you in the late 80's and 90's when we first started taking advantage of the rule

Dunno what you're on about, I'm Kenyan.  :)

England aren't 'f***ing s***', that's just you being emotional. They're certainly not great but they're decent enough. Plus they actually do this thing called 'regularly qualify for international tournaments.' I personally don't see them going further than the quarters but I hope I'm wrong, I think there's a couple of individuals that could win them games.

Also, England are s***. They're the biggest underachievers in International football. Complete bottlers. Managers have no balls. World Cup 2014 they finished dead last in the group. World Cup 2010 they scraped out of the weakest group in the entire competition and then got absolutely thumped by Germany. Euro 2012 beat in quarters, Euro 2008 they didn't even qualify. Absolutely horrendous for a nation such as England.

Aside from the emotional hysteria you're splurting  :lol: I actually agree with you to an extent. They're not 'fucking shit', but they certainly are perennial underachievers when it comes to international tournaments. Since Euro 96, they've not done much of note. Which makes it even more hilarious that you lot need to borrow a bunch of Englishmen to help you even get to said tournaments in the first place. :thup:

Not really that hilarious when you take into account that there is 4 million people in Ireland and football isn't even the most popular sport

Good players wouldn't want to play for Ireland over England  :lol: :lol:

Most players who qualify for Ireland choose to play for them like. Rooney being an exception. I think he rejected us when he was 15 or some shit. The likes of Paul McGrath could have easily played for England though and chose Ireland.

The Irish already going off like a truck bomb in early 90's London and the tournament is still a while away yet.

http://www.navalica.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/putin.gif

:lol: :lol: Amazing.

Barely a day goes by I don't regret seeing the great Paul McGrath don the three lions.

:lol: :lol:

Not really that hilarious when you take into account that there is 4 million people in Ireland and football isn't even the most popular sport

Well Iceland have got less than a tenth of that and they've done alright considering their most popular sport is moose hunting/being cold