Not worthy of a thread - UEFA Euro 2016 edition

Trumpet

Guest Geordiesned

I'm applying for tickets in Lille and Lens. Going to be staying just over the border in Ypres.

Going to Nice/Marseille. Gotta start booking hostels etc. Got 6 of us applying for tickets.

As I understand, we can apply for up to 4 each and we'll get something between 0-4 tickets. Then, if you don't want them, you can offer them back but would lose 10%. So if we apply for 24, hopefully we'll get around 6 for the matches. God knows though :lol: seems quite an awkward process. Do they expect people to apply for 1 ticket each then only like 2 from 6 would get them? :lol:

Yeah, say you are going with 3 mates, so need 4 tickets. Instead of 1 person applying for 4 tickets and either getting zero or four we have a situation where 4 people will apply for 4 tickets each. Else, 1 person could apply for 4 tickets, get 2 and 2 mates would have to just not go.

Bit annoying how the grouped venue tickets only seem to be for Cat 1. Think we're going to aim for Lyon/St. Etienne for no reason in particular, hopefully England will be playing elsewhere.

Yeah, say you are going with 3 mates, so need 4 tickets. Instead of 1 person applying for 4 tickets and either getting zero or four we have a situation where 4 people will apply for 4 tickets each. Else, 1 person could apply for 4 tickets, get 2 and 2 mates would have to just not go.

So if you apply for 2 tickets, there's a chance you could just get one ticket?

Has anybody else applied for tickets for this today?

Hoping to get to at least two games fingers crossed.

Applied for 3 tickets for the 2 group games in Bordeaux. Not arsed which teams are involved but preferably not England. Would only let me apply for category 1 seats so the total cost came to €880 which was bad enough but since then I've had a look about for hotels and bookings.com only have 1 hotel left for sale in Bordeaux and they're wanting £6,000 for a week. Add all this to the vastly inflated travel costs plus spends and it's going to be too expensive so I'll probably just cancel my application.

Wouldn't worry about the hotels yet in terms of availability , most hotels don't sell rooms more than around 50 weeks in advance, even around big events like this. Some may hold back inventory around match day until the draw is made so they can adjust their pricing strategy depending on which teams get drawn to play there.

In terms of pricing expect to get f***ed in the arse regardless, especially if it's an England or Germany game (larger than average travelling supports, the perception of stronger economies = bigger budgets)

I'm gonna look at applying today. Looking at group stage game 3 and maybe a round of 16. Fancy Bordeaux as had a great time there when we played in Europa League and maybe Marseille as never been to velodrome. Gutted there's no games in Nantes as I lived there for a year and would have loved to go back.

Guest GallowgateKev

When can you start applying for tickets?

I'm heading over with a few others, motorhome style whaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Surely they would split the ground up into 1-2-3-4. So anyone applying for two can only get the two seat options, and same as other options.

id be raging if i get one ticket instead of the two. Rather get zero  :lol:

Guest GallowgateKev

Application is open now I've just checked.

Need your passport details to apply though.

Buzzing for this, be like max and paddy around France!

People worrying about accommodation, try AirBNB.  I'm looking now, and have found a whole apartment in an apartment building, class views over the city/sea and basically across the road from the stadium. 4 nights, €200. There's loads of other places all over the city available, even cheaper than that

I've never used airbnb before so not sure how it works exactly though. Do you share with the owner or what? :lol:

People worrying about accommodation, try AirBNB.  I'm looking now, and have found a whole apartment in an apartment building, class views over the city/sea and basically across the road from the stadium. 4 nights, €200. There's loads of other places all over the city available, even cheaper than that

I've never used airbnb before so not sure how it works exactly though. Do you share with the owner or what? :lol:

Aye, you get botted relentlessly.

Guest Geordiesned

Going to Nice/Marseille. Gotta start booking hostels etc. Got 6 of us applying for tickets.

As I understand, we can apply for up to 4 each and we'll get something between 0-4 tickets. Then, if you don't want them, you can offer them back but would lose 10%. So if we apply for 24, hopefully we'll get around 6 for the matches. God knows though :lol: seems quite an awkward process. Do they expect people to apply for 1 ticket each then only like 2 from 6 would get them? :lol:

Where have you found this bit? I've looked through the FAQs but can't see any mention of it. If that's the case then the 3 of us who are registered will each apply for 4 tickets per each match we want to go to. There are 7 of us going so if we end up with more tickets (which is probably unlikely) it would be good to know we can stick them back on the site.

Where have you found this bit? I've looked through the FAQs but can't see any mention of it. If that's the case then the 3 of us who are registered will each apply for 4 tickets per each match we want to go to. There are 7 of us going so if we end up with more tickets (which is probably unlikely) it would be good to know we can stick them back on the site.

I read on UEFA website that they are having a "buy/sell" session in March or April 2016 where any unwanted tickets can be listed for sale at cost price.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in between Marseille and Toulouse? Got one night to decide where to go.

Guest Geordiesned

Do you need to produce I.D at the game to gain access to the ground?

It says you MAY be requested to show photo ID. All tickets are personalised so if you're applying for tickets for mates/family you need to put their full details in.