Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Gifted? Limited player, not creative or much of a passer, worked hard, good presser and went on a few scoring streaks.

Probably one of the best sales we've made as long as I've supported the Toon.

Edited by The Butcher

7 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Gifted? Limited player, not creative or much of a passer, worked hard, good presser and went on a few scoring streaks.

Probably one of the best sales we've made as long as I've supported the Toon.

He had excellent technical ability. Really good close control, there was nothing missing in terms of ability. Not an amazing athlete and not hungry to be the best player he could be 

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Was an extremely gifted player, mentally just not quite good enough. Didn’t have that desire seemingly to be the best 

I loved Perez but I wouldn't describe him as either of those things personally. His mentality was pretty strong given the amount of stick he got from the undead contingent of regular matchgoers.

Really pleased to hear he's doing well over there as I had no idea. Was a real shame how he regressed at Leicester. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I loved Perez but I wouldn't describe him as either of those things personally. His mentality was pretty strong given the amount of stick he got from the undead contingent of regular matchgoers.

I don’t mean that his head dropped and that he gave up, he was a committed player, a bit like Miggy. I mean more in terms of self-belief. I don’t think he believed in the attacking elements of his game enough and he wasn’t aggressive enough with that part of his game. When he was on it, he was a fantastic player 

Just now, gbandit said:

I don’t mean that his head dropped and that he gave up, he was a committed player, a bit like Miggy. I mean more in terms of self-belief. I don’t think he believed in the attacking elements of his game enough and he wasn’t aggressive enough with that part of his game. When he was on it, he was a fantastic player 

Playing for Pards and Rodgers will do that to you.