Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Granted the whole Ashley circus was so uninspiring, but for me it felt like that zip and infectious enthusiasm in his play, which was a big part of his quality when he first arrived, had waned after a few years. 

Funny how systems can just click under quality managers. Take the similar sort of game spell under Keegan where we only had 3 players with any legs (Enrique, Beye & Martins), a midfield of Geremi, Butt and Barton with Owen just off Viduka and Martins. On paper and going by how those players were going, nothing should have worked, but it was a thing of beauty. The Spurs 4-1 away is still the greatest away performance I've seen, should have been about 12. 

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, andycap said:

I think Leicester criminally underused him under rogers. When he did play he was played all over the shop. 

It was a big fee he went for, i don’t think he was ever in that category, although he certainly had his attributes. 

What worked for him here was the low expectations based on arriving for 1.5m or whatever that silly fee was. He always over delivered for us based on that.