Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

genuinely felt we had the perfect mix of pace, graft, strength and ruthless finishing at the end of Rafa’s tenure. Ayoze was very much a 30m player and can only assume he was ready to go the minute he knew Rafa was not going to stay.

Ayoze ability to press, cover lanes and score beautiful goals were incredible.

HaydnNUFC[/member] the Everton win gave me chills man. Ayoze scoring the Pickford spill after Almiron’s long shot and then of course the winner.

The optimism after that Fulham game man. Lush summer day, we’d played some good football for 5 months, Benitez was in talks in London with Ashley and Charnley, contract looked a formality with the Monochrome takeover almost certain. Rondon was going to be our number 9. No hint at the time Perez was looking to leave.

Within 2 months we had no takeover, Bruce was manager and Joelinton was number 9.

Yep - absolutely criminal that Ashley ruined all that  :rant: :rant: :rant:

genuinely felt we had the perfect mix of pace, graft, strength and ruthless finishing at the end of Rafa’s tenure. Ayoze was very much a 30m player and can only assume he was ready to go the minute he knew Rafa was not going to stay.

Ayoze ability to press, cover lanes and score beautiful goals were incredible.

HaydnNUFC[/member] the Everton win gave me chills man. Ayoze scoring the Pickford spill after Almiron’s long shot and then of course the winner.

The optimism after that Fulham game man. Lush summer day, we’d played some good football for 5 months, Benitez was in talks in London with Ashley and Charnley, contract looked a formality with the Monochrome takeover almost certain. Rondon was going to be our number 9. No hint at the time Perez was looking to leave.

Within 2 months we had no takeover, Bruce was manager and Joelinton was number 9.

Shaking at how fucking horrendous those few days were when the momentum was going in that direction. That press release statement announcing Rafa was leaving literally depressed me. Perez left a few days later. Ugh.

Overall he was probably value for money but he was generally terrible in the PL after an ok start. In one of the years where he was a regular starter he had like 35 games with no goals or assists

Edit: Gouff not Ayoze

• 1 year later...

At £3m I'd have six of him. 

In all seriousness, though I always was a big fan, I think we'd be better off looking elsewhere for a player to play his role. I'm sad that it hasn't worked out better for him at Leicester, seemed like the perfect club for him. 

At this moment right now I would take him back because I think he's got something about him that would help us stay up. However its not January anymore and I wouldn't bother bring him back in the summer so that chapter has ended. He was decent and at times was a joy to watch but we are past that.

Think we'll have our eyes elsewhere come the summer but we can't just go out and buy a team of galacticos, we need to upgrade every position and have options and he's an excellent one. Would be super happy if he came back for a couple of years as we start to build and played a part, if not a starring role.

Absolutely not. 

Unbelievably frustrating player that I could live with because he played an important role and served a purpose in a team regularly struggling to stay up.

Much like Rafa, choosing him when you're in a position of being able to potentially choose anyone is just sadism.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

Would 100% take him back as a squad player, not that I think it will happen or anything. His ability to play across the front to a decent level would be extremely useful. 

I think he’d be superb in a more fluid attack under someone like Howe.