The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Yeah this is a bit of a stinker on paper. I missed Ivory Coast's opener - did Yaya look anywhere near his best?

Anytime scorer on him is the main one I would fancy.

Nah, didn't influence the game at all really. Reckon Drogba will start though. Think IC are about 14/5 which is decent as I wouldn't say Columbia are as big favourites as the odds suggest.

Although Columbia are FIFA ranked #1 if the list was released today!

Guest Roger Kint

Nah, didn't influence the game at all really. Reckon Drogba will start though. Think IC are about 14/5 which is decent as I wouldn't say Columbia are as big favourites as the odds suggest.

Although Columbia are ranked #1 unofficially!

Their manager said he wont start, would wait til the teams if your betting on Drogba

I stayed away yesterday so my cash is burning a hole in my pocket.

I was really impressed with Colombia in their first game. A solid Greece defence could handle their pacey, technical attacking. Having the stadium overwhelmed with Colombian support will have helped (shout out for best blart of the tournament too, can I bet.on that?)

Ivory Coast were pretty gash until Drogba came on and even then they weren't great. Their attacks were slow and predictable and ifJapan could defend crosses they'd of been alright.

I think Colombia will enjoy plenty if possession and will ultimately pick off a bog standard Ivory Cost defence.

...and if that isn't talking yourself into a bet I don't know what is.

£1 on Messi, Neymar, van Persie, Mandzukic, Dzeko, Lukaku, Benzema & Ronaldo to be their country's top scorer = £1216

Not a bad start so far. :lol:

Dzeko & Lukaku the only ones letting me down now.

Ronaldo probably won't play again this world cup.

I don't think they really got out of 2nd gear against Greece either, mind. Basically scored and then just looked to pick them off.

Definitely favouring them in terms of result, but odds are understandably short.

Guest neesy111

:lol:

Think it's actually still regarded as the "British" way of spelling it, but I'm sure I remember Colombians kicking off about it :laugh:

There's a place in near where I live called Columbia, so that's where the mix up from me is from.  Apologies to all Colombians out there.