The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

I loved watching Ludogorets' attacking play. Such assured technique shown by so many players.

Defender rather than the keeper to blame for the final goal. It was a daft passback that was always going to put him in trouble.

Guest VanBarduck

Atlético Madrid got out-Atlético'd

That's gonna be their problem this season, by the way, they got some decent players to do it (Griezmann and Cerci) but Simeone doesn't seem too assured when his team has to take the initiative in a game.

What's the point of bringing this type of players if you stick with the rigid 4-4-2 ?

Griezmann or/and Cerci need to start from now on, I think they should switch to 4-3-3, more suitable for the new recruits and keep their philosophy (intensity and work ethic, narrowing spaces etc.)

Went to see Benfica-Zenit tonight, was canny.  Decent atmosphere despite the ground being half empty and the home side fucking the game up within 20 minutes.  Benfica could have got back into it 2nd half to their credit but Zenit always looked more dangerous, Hulk and Danny were excellent on either wing for them.

Watching this Dortmund match - f***ing love them and this isn't one of their best most exciting performance with the injuries and such.

Just watched the highlights - wow it looks like Dortmund bossed them thoroughly. Immobile's goal is great (and Arsenal's defence laughable).

Thiago Silva dropped by Dunga :lol:

You're aware he's been injured and just got back into light training for PSG and that's the reason for him not being called up right? I like the call-up of Mario Fernandes form CSKA and Dodo from Inter. Two young fullbacks positions we're really in need of some youth for once.

Remember when he missed the SF because he was carrying on like a bellend and everyone said 'wew, that'd never have happened with ladyboy back there' and then Netherlands did the same again. LERL.

Halcyon WC days.

You're aware he's been injured and just got back into light training for PSG and that's the reason for him not being called up right? I like the call-up of Mario Fernandes form CSKA and Dodo from Inter. Two young fullbacks positions we're really in need of some youth for once.

Seems a bit of a strange decision though when the matches are still 4 weeks away. Especially after taking the captaincy off him a few weeks ago.

Seems a bit of a strange decision though when the matches are still 4 weeks away. Especially after taking the captaincy off him a few weeks ago.

Think Neymar was a good choice, he was the one that acted the captain at the World Cup and Thiago unfortunately didn't. In four weeks time Thiago might have 2-3 games played and we're still very very early in the new project. I have no doubts that once Thiago Silva is back Dunga will be calling him, if he doesn't he's making a big mistake as he's twice the player of every CB we have together.