The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

At least Mason didn't hit the deck.

Fuck off, what he did is almost as bad, puts his head then when retaliation comes he goes crying to the ref.

Only cause Benteke was a silly cunt. No-one but himself to blame.

f*** off, what he did is almost as bad, puts his head then when retaliation comes he goes crying to the ref.

Only cause Benteke was a silly c***. No-one but himself to blame.

Don't disagree with that, but Mason put his head to him. Shoudl've at least gotten a yellow.

f*** off, what he did is almost as bad, puts his head then when retaliation comes he goes crying to the ref.

Don't disagree with that, but Mason put his head to him. Shoudl've at least gotten a yellow.

Yeah Mason should have been booked, but for Benteke to raise his hand there is beyond senseless.

Guest palnese

Football is gay.

There's probably a better word for it...

What, homo?

But, yeah, you're probably right :lol:

Think you should cut down on the homophobia, bro.

omg

Yeah Mason should have been booked, but for Benteke to raise his hand there is beyond senseless.

Is that one of the areas where a referees discretion can't be applied, i.e. he's bound by "the letter of the law" to do exactly as he did?

Football is gay.

What, homo?

omg

What's the difference between saying gay, homo etc in a derogatory sense and saying nigger in the same sense? Genuine question, by the way.

Guest palnese

Football is gay.

What, homo?

omg

What's the difference between saying gay, homo etc in a derogatory sense and saying nigger in the same sense? Genuine question, by the way.

You tell me.

Football is gay.

What, homo?

omg

:kasper:

Football is gay.

What, homo?

omg

You tell me.

There isn't. So why are you saying it non-stop?

Is that one of the areas where a referees discretion can't be applied, i.e. he's bound by "the letter of the law" to do exactly as he did?

My understanding was: Raise your hands to the face is an automatic red, hands to the chest is a yellow. Discretion can be applied when players are head to head without either one actually making an aggressive move.

Football is gay.

What, homo?

omg

You tell me.

There isn't. So why are you saying it non-stop?

Fucking hell :lol:

Quite a clear difference between the 2 like. Not that it's right.

Anyone know who the commentator is on NBC? One of the few times the commentary hasn't annoyed me.

Jon Champion and Danny Mills

Champion is the one whose voice sounds like velvet thunder. The livelier one is Mills.

@lukeymoore: Soft red. Wait for all the pundits to now say 'If you raise your hands you have to go!' which literally isn't in the laws of game #Benteke

What are the actual laws? I assumed any contact to the face was meant to be a straight red? Or is that just recommended?

In any case Mason stuck his head in which is a usually a red regardless of the force (Remy last year), Benteke raised his hand to Mason's face which is a usually a straight red also. Either they both go or the referee just gives them a yellow each and tells them to settle down imo.