The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

So what is a referee going to do if a goalkeeper or free kick taker just keeps on touching it twice before it leaves the penalty area to waste time, seeing as it's not a foul apparently? :dontknow:

suppose he could get him on unsportsmanlike behavior if it happened more than once.

How, if it's not a foul?

How the fuck has this "Will Chelsea go the season unbeaten?" shit worked its way into the general football vernacular?

Presumably it started when some football journalist pondered it after 7 or 8 games, we're still only 11 games in.  I know they've got a great squad but this is ridiculous.

How the fuck has this "Will Chelsea go the season unbeaten?" shit worked its way into the general football vernacular?

Presumably it started when some football journalist pondered it after 7 or 8 games, we're still only 11 games in.  I know they've got a great squad but this is ridiculous.

you could base it on the general incompetence of the rest of the league

Not really, sorry - that doesn't answer my question at all.  An English team has only gone unbeaten once in a 20+ team size league in over a hundred years, why did we start talking about this in October?  It's insufferable already and there might be 6 months of it left yet.

So what is a referee going to do if a goalkeeper or free kick taker just keeps on touching it twice before it leaves the penalty area to waste time, seeing as it's not a foul apparently? :dontknow:

suppose he could get him on unsportsmanlike behavior if it happened more than once.

How, if it's not a foul?

Two examples I saw in the LOAF where a referee can issue caution. Given the leeway given to a referee's interpretation, I don't see how it would be too controversial -

p125 - Delaying the restart of the game e.g. by taking a free kick from the wrong position with the sole intention of forcing the referee to order a retake.

p123 - Unsporting behaviour , e.g. acting in a manner that shows disrespect to the game.

edit: here i am poring over the laws of association football on a saturday night what am i doing with my life

Not really, sorry - that doesn't answer my question at all.  An English team has only gone unbeaten once in a 20+ team size league in over a hundred years, why did we start talking about this in October?  It's insufferable already and there might be 6 months of it left yet.

They've been away to Man City, Man Utd, Everton and Liverpool. Given Mourinho has lost something like 1 home game, we're relying on Arsenal at the Emirates and not an awful lot else

They've been away to Man City, Man Utd, Everton and Liverpool. Given Mourinho has lost something like 1 home game, we're relying on Arsenal at the Emirates and not an awful lot else

I'll be really surprised if they go unbeaten all season, it's almost impossible to not take your eye off the ball at least once or twice over the course of a season.

I'll be really surprised if they go unbeaten all season, it's almost impossible to not take your eye off the ball at least once or twice over the course of a season.

Definitely, just saying looking at it logically you can see why it has been raised.