The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Was there meant to be a protest today Brummie? It failed didn't it? I hate how apathetic football fans have become.

Yeah, but it was a stupid fucking idea which nobody was going to get behind.

"Don't go to your seat till the eighth minute" to protest Lerner's 8 years in charge. Flawed on three counts. One, the first four years were decent. Two, people have paid 40 quid a pop, eight minutes is a lot to miss (well, yes, it should be, I mean, but actually is not, on account of watching us this season being like HAVING SOMEONE PUNCH YOU IN THE EYEBALLS FOR 90 MINUTES). Three, the club told everyone they'd turn off all the tellies in the concourse to the Holte end which usually show the match as soon as it kicked off.

Fucking stupid idea.

Guest neesy111

Was there meant to be a protest today Brummie? It failed didn't it? I hate how apathetic football fans have become.

"Don't go to your seat till the eighth minute" to protest Lerner's 8 years in charge. Flawed on three counts. One, the first four years were decent. Two, people have paid 40 quid a pop, eight minutes is a lot to miss (well, yes, it should be, I mean, but actually is not, on account of watching us this season being like HAVING SOMEONE PUNCH YOU IN THE EYEBALLS FOR 90 MINUTES). Three, the club told everyone they'd turn off all the tellies in the concourse to the Holte end which usually show the match as soon as it kicked off.

Fucking stupid idea.

Would your fans get behind a protest though if it was planned right?

Fucking stupid idea.

Yes, if it was done properly, but this was a fucking shit idea from the off.

I have just been looking in on a few villa forums. One of them has a poll showing 95.6% of people wanted him sacked.

Look at this, from the Irish Sun this morning (the time since goal is clearly 90 minutes behind now).

We are becoming a laughing stock and the chairman is just sat the other side of the Atlantic, watching his Two and a Half Men box sets instead of our matches, totally unarsed.

B7iwDJfCEAAtDIY.jpg

Also, I am no Ellis apologist, but he's 95 years old, and still goes to every match home and away, 8 years after selling up. The current owner just does not give a single shit, the fucking idiot.

Guest neesy111

Fucking stupid idea.

Yes, if it was done properly, but this was a fucking shit idea from the off.

I have just been looking in on a few villa forums. One of them has a poll showing 95.6% of people wanted him sacked.

Look at this, from the Irish Sun this morning (the time since goal is clearly 90 minutes behind now).

We are becoming a laughing stock and the chairman is just sat the other side of the Atlantic, watching his Two and a Half Men box sets instead of our matches, totally unarsed.

B7iwDJfCEAAtDIY.jpg

Also, I am no Ellis apologist, but he's 95 years old, and still goes to every match home and away, 8 years after selling up. The current owner just does not give a single shit, the fucking idiot.

Playing massively with fire here but how bad is Lerner at the moment to the depths of Doug Ellis in terms of ownership?

Playing massively with fire here but how bad is Lerner at the moment to the depths of Doug Ellis in terms of ownership?

First four years, he was great. At least we thought he was, but we didn't know how closely to the edge he was leading us financially.

At the start, he'd always be over for matches (easy when you've got your own jet, I suppose), but also at away matches, too. He would turn up at Scunthorpe on a tuesday night in the league cup.

He had one of the board members, General Krulak, start posting on the main forums. He used to tell them how they were there through thick and thin. We heard how Randy had a Villa tattoo on his ankle. He totally "got us".

Then towards the end of the Houllier year, he lost interest over night. A lot of people have said it is to do with his divorce, and he then hooked up with a new woman who didn't like his football distraction. At the same time, said board member, after four years of posting on the forums all the time, just disappeared without a word.

At that point, the spending stopped, and when i say stopped, i mean the brakes were really slammed on. The wage bill became the most important thing. We're constantly told how we can't compete with other clubs on wages now. We wanted Lukaku on loan to play alongside Benteke, for example, but couldn't afford his wages. So he went to Albion instead. We couldn't compete with Albion on wages, FFS.

Albion.

Then he had some sort of brainfart and appointed Alex McLeish. Something I will never, ever understand. It is up there with 9/11 as one of those things that make me think, "I still can't fucking believe that happened".

Since then it has been all austerity and misery. Plus a huge serving of stupidity. Delph and Vlaar allowed to reach last year of contract, for example. Putting up with Lambert delivering at the very least 6 periods of results so bad that they would have got any other manager sacked, but he is still untouchable.

After four league games at the start of the season, he gave Lambert a new four year contract. Four fucking games, one of which was at home to you where we didn't manage a single shot on target and you had 65% possession. Also, we played another game in that spell, at home to Orient in the league cup. We lost. And failed to score.

So, really, it isn't very impressive.

Oh, and at the start of the season, he said he'd sell us. He made this statement, which is just fucking nuts, it is so weird.

Several weeks back I said that following the end of the season I would clarify my future role with the club, and address what had become seemingly constant rumours of a sale.

"I have come to know well that fates are fickle in the business of English football. And I feel that I have pushed mine well past the limit. The last several seasons have been week-in, week-out battles and having now come through this last season unfortunately limping amid very meaningful injuries and constant sale rumours, I feel further that now is the time for me to look for new ownership and thus new leadership.

"I have asked the world of Paul Lambert and Paul Faulkner and they have both delivered selflessly. On a personal level it is time for me, like the Shunammite*, to dwell among my own and get on with other aspects of my career following a sale."

Ellis was a cunt who ran the club like a corner shop. Lerner started very well but overnight lost interest.

In a way, Ellis was like the Tories. He was a cunt, but you knew he was a cunt and would shaft you. With Lerner, we expected more.