Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Back with the squad on the 16th according to Carver's press conference.

Hope we offer him more than 6 grand a week for 6 years and get his contract sorted soon.

According to a guy who sits behind my dad at SJP, Aarons is not going to sign a new contract.  I'm sure I've said it before but this guy's dad is apparently mates with Ashley's dad.  I think he has got the odd thing right before, but quite a few things wrong...

Apparently we also haven't got a clue who we are going to appoint as our next manager.

Actually realised got the story wrong - this guy is friends with Ashley's dad.  One less step removed.  But yes - now that you've said, I seem to remember something about them falling out.  However, Ashley's dad still gets to use Ashley's helicopter, so things can't be too bad...

Actually realised got the story wrong - this guy is friends with Ashley's dad.  One less step removed.  But yes - now that you've said, I seem to remember something about them falling out.  However, Ashley's dad still gets to use Ashley's helicopter, so things can't be too bad...

Probably charges him for it.

According to a guy who sits behind my dad at SJP, Aarons is not going to sign a new contract.  I'm sure I've said it before but this guy's dad is apparently mates with Ashley's dad.  I think he has got the odd thing right before, but quite a few things wrong...

Apparently we also haven't got a clue who we are going to appoint as our next manager.

I've heard from a pretty good source that he turned down 6k a week. This was before Christmas. Clearly nowt has happened since so I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't have a problem with him turning down a contract offer of £6k a week but he still has a lot to prove as he has scarcely played.  He might be one of these players who impressed because he was an unknown quantity but once other players know about him, they find it easy to mark him out of the game.  Also, his injuries are a worry.

He could be the next big thing or he could disappear at a bigger club so he needs to consider his next move carefully.

As someone said he could easily get found out and flop and injuries are an issue already for him. Dont know what the options are but theoretically this is what it could be like, stay here and get 8k a week here he'll get opportunities but if it goes tits up he could see his career go downhill, get a move to a someone like West Ham club on about 15k and have a similar situation like us or maybe try and get someone like Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea ect on 15/20k try and prove yourself and if not more than likely be able to get a 2nd/3rd chance to prove yourself elsewhere. Pretty difficult at his age where you having nothing and you have no clue what could happen.

Guest John Carvery

If it is true that Ashley wont offer him 20k a week and his contract runs out in July then that is absurd. Nothing suprises me at all.

As someone said he could easily get found out and flop and injuries are an issue already for him. Dont know what the options are but theoretically this is what it could be like, stay here and get 8k a week here he'll get opportunities but if it goes tits up he could see his career go downhill, get a move to a someone like West Ham club on about 15k and have a similar situation like us or maybe try and get someone like Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea ect on 15/20k try and prove yourself and if not more than likely be able to get a 2nd/3rd chance to prove yourself elsewhere. Pretty difficult at his age where you having nothing and you have no clue what could happen.

Could you be a bit more specific?