Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest firetotheworks

Oh right, you mean despite the admission by the club itself to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United'

Oh right, you mean despite the admission by the club itself to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United'

Regarding Keegans involvement in transfers (because that's all that is about)? Aye.

I've probably said this on here before, but the saddest thing for me is that my dad packed up going in the summer. He'd been going for 65 years, seen some absolute dross, but last year broke him. He said he just wasn't enjoying it anymore and couldn't justify the cost of renewing his season ticket of 31 years. He's a knowledgeable bloke...he played at a reasonable standard and his son, my brother, represented NUFC at all levels below first team in the late eighties. Yes, he blamed Ashley for a lack of investment, but most of his ire was at Pardew for serving up "turgid, cowardly football" (his words).

I get that Pardew hasn't actually said his family are threatened, just that the press he is receiving is affecting them. Well, I tell you what Alan...my family is affected to. It breaks my heart seeing my dad wondering what to do with his Saturday afternoons. It's absolutely killing me and I know for a fact, if you were to go, then he would be back there in a shot with renewed hope.

If you are worried about your family, then you can easily stop this and simultaneously lift the burden from thousands of other families across the north-east. Just go.....

Guest firetotheworks

Regarding Keegans involvement in transfers? Aye.

:lol: So everything else is just, what? Observable?

I've probably said this on here before, but the saddest thing for me is that my dad packed up going in the summer. He'd been going for 65 years, seen some absolute dross, but last year broke him. He said he just wasn't enjoying it anymore and couldn't justify the cost of renewing his season ticket of 31 years. He's a knowledgeable bloke...he played at a reasonable standard and his son, my brother, represented NUFC at all levels below first team in the late eighties. Yes, he blamed Ashley for a lack of investment, but most of his ire was at Pardew for serving up "turgid, cowardly football" (his words).

I get that Pardew hasn't actually said his family are threatened, just that the press he is receiving is affecting them. Well, I tell you what Alan...my family is affected to. It breaks my heart seeing my dad wondering what to do with his Saturday afternoons. It's absolutely killing me and I know for a fact, if you were to go, then he would be back there in a shot with renewed hope.

If you are worried about your family, then you can easily stop this and simultaneously lift the burden from thousands of other familys across the north-east. Just go.....

:thup:

Fuck knows. You suggested Ashley lied about the threats, but he didn't as far as I'm concerned.

They certainly mislead us on how much say Keegan had over transfers, but beyond that piece of cuntery they seem to be either fairly straightforward, or simply fail to say much about anything.

Regarding Keegans involvement in transfers (because that's all that is about)? Aye.

Well duh. Keegan claimed constructive dismissal. That case was about Newcastle United Football Club v Keegan so it wasn't going to document other irrelevant instances of the club lying was it?

Do the f*** act openly towards fans. There have been plenty of evidence based posts that have shown this to be the case.

f*** knows. You suggested Ashley lied about the threats, but he didn't as far as I'm concerned.

They certainly mislead us on how much say Keegan had over transfers, but beyond that piece of cuntery they seem to be either fairly straightforward, or simply fail to say much about anything.

Short memory. It wasn't so long ago that people were told 'aye, bring your posters and banners in, no problem as long as they're not offensive'.

As open as the roll of bin bags they would be put in.

Guest Gino14

My experience with media representation of this and talking to other fans has left me with a very sour taste, especially over the past few months.  The amount Pardew has been backed by all quarters is just baffling.  I've had friends who are Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal. Tottenham, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and a few others all backing him in some way.  These backings range from anything ridiculous like "He got you fifth" to "Who else are you going to get?" I've also had "It's only six games in man" and "He's doing a great job, you're not a big club."

All of the above has kind of made me want Pardew to come out of all this smelling of roses with a brilliant managerial reputation that gets him an even better job.  If his career is in ruins that means fans will say he was hard done to and we ruined him.  It also means that apart from the select few clubs that have had him screw them up, everyone thinks he's had some great career.  I'd actually love him to get lucky and bag an amazing coaching job in  London, where the media seem to love him.  I'd them to be bigging him up, saying things like "He got Newcastle fifth" and "He was hard done to by prejudice against cockney's."  I'd just love the thought of seeing him get something like the Tottenham job with all of that (I know it'd never happen, it's like people liking Nigel Farage and then shitting themselves if he was ever close to getting elected.)  I just imagine him nearly relegating someone like a Tottenham (He's that s***) and only then will the penny finally drop as he ruins it for another set of fans and gets this again.  Only the media will absolutely go for him because it's one of their precious London clubs.  Can you just imagine it?  Then everyone will realise what we're all getting at, then they'll realise it's nothing to do with him being from London.  It's all to do with him being a complete slimey arsehole, who is a total lemon of a manager and a disgrace of a man hanging on for his pay off, while ruining every football club he touches. 

That is how the media and other fan reactions have now made me feel about it.  It saddens me, because he's just a crap manager, who may not be a good person or whatever, but again, it should never got this far.  The media biggups, Mike Ashley and anyone saying he shouldn't be sacked while all this goes on bears a responsibility in how stupid this has all gotten. He also bears it himself for not quitting.  He just wants sacking and there are just fools everywhere that aren't making it happen.  Get him sacked, get him paid off.  Everyone will be happier including him.  Just look at him man, he's carrying the weight of the universe on his shoulders.

Still don't get why that video produced such a reaction from you twunts (liked the 'filthy heretics' bit mind). :lol:

Just because I still find undiluted praise tough to take seriously (that's not just for Keegan tbh), I still love what he represents, hell, I just called out Ashley for fucking him over what, 3 posts ago?

Not sure what that's got to do with me challenging KI over the Ashley quotes either, bar you just dismiss it again as wummery.  If so, then you should find it easy enough to put an argument against what I've said...

If you are worried about your family, then you can easily stop this and simultaneously lift the burden from thousands of other families across the north-east. Just go.....

Good post that.

Still don't get why that video produced such a reaction from you twunts (liked the 'filthy heretics' bit mind). :lol:

Just because I still find undiluted praise tough to take seriously (that's not just for Keegan tbh), I still love what he represents, hell, I just called out Ashley for fucking him over what, 3 posts ago?

Not sure what that's got to do with me challenging KI over the Ashley quotes either, bar you just dismiss it again as wummery.  If so, then you should find it easy enough to put an argument against what I've said...

Aye.

In Response to SanToon

Good post and I am exactly where your dad is.  70 years old now and supported the lads from age of 6 when my dad first took me. Been through lots of highs and lows, was at the Fairs Cup Final etc,  but always kept the faith, until now.  My interest and belief has been totally destroyed and for the first time in my life I am hoping they lose in the hope that it will bring about some changes. I mean, that is so sad but I can't help it

Guest neesy111

The only thing keeping me going is imagining the state of the piss up when he finally does get the bullet.

:lol: :lol: :thup:

Sometime in the early '90s my dad bought an expensive bottle of whiskey to be opened the day Margaret Thatcher died. I might buy one for when Pardew gets sacked, cause it'll sit in the cupboard for a few years.