Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Pardew hasn't accused anybody of threathening his family, just said that it affects them. I would be surprised if it didn't tbh. This doesn't excuse him bringing them into this btw, but let's not go around pretending he is insulting an entire region because he has.

just listened to colin murray on talksport - absolutely got it all spot on, especially about the bulshit around pardew's family.

never thought it would be murray, but at last a non-geordie in the media actually "gets it".

got it right about ashley, pardew, the transfer policy, the spending deficit, the free advertising, the debt that isnt being reduced etc - all without a single reference to deluded fan with unreasonable expectations.

Been said a few times on here but Murray and H&J after him are always talking about us like that and clearly have read sackpardew regularly.

:thup: Murray had been spot on about us for weeks now. Yesterday one of the co presenters was trying to stick up for Pardew and Murray just started ranting on about how full of shit he is and how often he blatantly lies to the fans.

Ashley's allegations about death threats to his family were never proven true, were they?

Seems like a similar case here to make themselves look the victims.

Death threats? He has said it wasn't save to bring his kids to a game. Hardly the same thing now, is it?

Guest neesy111

Ashley's allegations about death threats to his family were never proven true, were they?

Nope, Northumbria police basically said they were made up.

just listened to colin murray on talksport - absolutely got it all spot on, especially about the bulshit around pardew's family.

never thought it would be murray, but at last a non-geordie in the media actually "gets it".

got it right about ashley, pardew, the transfer policy, the spending deficit, the free advertising, the debt that isnt being reduced etc - all without a single reference to deluded fan with unreasonable expectations.

Is there a transcript?

eeh howay bonny lad, I was in the car and didnt have a pen.

Why on Earth anyone would threaten Pardew's family. Surely they're already being punished enough having that smug git walk through their door every day?

Can imagine he has the same attitude to divorce. "I'm just not made like that. I won't quit" whilst his wife thinks "You just won't die will you?"

Is there a transcript?

Uesless.

No they didn't. Firstly they weren't alegations of death threats. Secondly, they said they had not advised him to stay away from games. Again, not quite the same thing.

No they didn't. Firstly they weren't alegations of death threats. Secondly, they said they had not advised him to stay away from games. Again, not quite the same thing.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/robkelly/100014259/mike-ashleys-sacking-of-chris-hughton-makes-little-sense-but-then-not-much-does-about-the-newcastle-owner/

Specifically states death threats

Frets man.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/robkelly/100014259/mike-ashleys-sacking-of-chris-hughton-makes-little-sense-but-then-not-much-does-about-the-newcastle-owner/

Specifically states death threats

Those are not Ashley's allegations though, that is just what a journalist (and we all know how reliable they are) made up.

Ashley himself said this on the matter:

I have really loved taking my kids to the games, being next to them and all the fans. But I am now a dad who can't take his kids to a football game on a Saturday because I am advised that we would be assaulted.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7615655.stm

Guest Roger Kint

Is there a transcript?

Uesless.

go to www.talksport.com then presenters and it should be possible to listen to the previous show(current one finishes in 30 mins) then just skip to the time it was on.

Guest Roger Kint

Been said a few times on here but Murray and H&J after him are always talking about us like that and clearly have read sackpardew regularly.

:thup: Murray had been spot on about us for weeks now. Yesterday one of the co presenters was trying to stick up for Pardew and Murray just started ranting on about how full of shit he is and how often he blatantly lies to the fans.

Danny Murphy

Ashley himself said this on the matter:

I have really loved taking my kids to the games, being next to them and all the fans. But I am now a dad who can't take his kids to a football game on a Saturday because I am advised that we would be assaulted.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7615655.stm

What an absolute fanny Ashley is, in that case, then.

Hated figures like Ellis, Swales, Bates were always at games in the 80s, despite being loathed by their fans, and despite this being at a time when the football attending demographic was very, very different indeed.

Last time I saw Mike Ashley - outside the corporate entrance at Villa Park prior to a match - he had two blokes each the size of a small country with him. Billionaires tend to understand the concept of personal safety far more than the average punter, and take good measures to protect themselves.

Chairmen do themselves no favours whatsoever when they trot out utter shite like that.

If they have lost interest, they should just come out and say it, rather than inventing shit like that, which has the effect of making the fans look like twats, for no actual reason.

Guest firetotheworks

It was all a lie as well btw. He said that Northumbria Police advised him not to. Then not long after Northumbria Police released a statement saying that they had said no such thing.

Choosing between the police and Ashley over who's lying. Tough call.

They all lie for the sake of some idiot random reader going aargh that's too far!

Pardew is an idiot for mentioning his family there. Coward for saying that. If he gave a single fuck about his family he'd walk away then. His failures as our manager is causing the backlash and outcry against HIM NOT HIS FAMILY bleed into his personal life. So walk then - so they don't have to hear how much of a fraud and liar you are then.

They're both messed up in the head, keep doing things to spite and antagonise the fans as if they don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about them, but then simultaneously come out with elaborate propaganda and lies to try and save face.

"This is a team that is quite young. It hasn’t got the experience, certainly not the experience of the side that got relegated three or four years ago before my time. So we need to not ignore that and learn from those lessons.

Getting his 'mine wasn't the worst relegation' excuses in now.

Guest Gino14

this must be it. A nice international break to get a new manager in and then a easy home game to start things off. The timing is perfect. Please do it.

It's what I'm hoping for, but I'm worried the club see it more as two weeks without a league game for the attention on Pardew to lessen a bit.  That's what they normally do.  These breaks always seem to come at the worst time.  I'll happily take that back if we use the break to sack him of course.