Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest northshieldsmag

Oh my word, somebody still trotting out the 'when we came 5th' line. Wake the f*** up

I can't believe that either.  The thing I can never believe about this, is that while everyone would admit Pardew had a good season that season, however he did it, it's getting to be a fair few years ago now.  He can have been doing okay back then, but still be doing terribly now, which he is and some people aren't grasping that.  Lots of managers have done an okay or good job for a while and then got it badly wrong later.  To anyone still saying "But he came 5th" I would say that his tactics worked because he had Demba Ba to play his archaic long balls to and an in form younger Collocini at the back to help keep it tight.  The team is worse now, but still more than capable to 10th-8th with decent football if Pardew had any adaptability at all.  That's the bare minimum of how I expect him to be doing considering we don't do anything in cups.  I don't expect fifth, but I don't expect bottom of the league either.  I don't expect to get beat 3-0 or 4-0 every other week.  I don't expect us to concede twice as many goals as we score.  I don't expect us to continue to play long ball when we sub on a small fast striker instead of a big man.  I don't expect us to keep taking the same corner that took 102 games to generate a goal.  I also don't expect our defenders to be so lackluster they switch off and pass the opposition through on goal in the first minute, like what happened at the weekend.  Those are all the things I don't expect.  I do expect a cohesive unit, I do expect an organisation and focus that makes the players look interested in the game they're playing.  I expect intensity. I expect being able to hit the guy in your own shirt from more than five yards away, not only in your own half, but in the final third as well.  I expect skillful players to get a chance to do what they do well and the right players to be played in the right positions.  I expect wingers on the wing instead of fast strikers and central midfielders.  That's pretty much what  I do and don't expect out of Pardew.  In every single one of these areas Pardew is failing my expectations.

So who's to blame that the players are worse than when we finished 5th ?

Since we finished 5th we've played 101 matches in all competitions. We've won 34, drawn 21 and lost 46. We've scored 111 times and conceded 154; a -43 goal difference. We've gone no further than the third round of the FA Cup and the fourth round of the League Cup.

It's time to let go.

Oh my word, somebody still trotting out the 'when we came 5th' line. Wake the f*** up

I can't believe that either.  The thing I can never believe about this, is that while everyone would admit Pardew had a good season that season, however he did it, it's getting to be a fair few years ago now.  He can have been doing okay back then, but still be doing terribly now, which he is and some people aren't grasping that.  Lots of managers have done an okay or good job for a while and then got it badly wrong later.  To anyone still saying "But he came 5th" I would say that his tactics worked because he had Demba Ba to play his archaic long balls to and an in form younger Collocini at the back to help keep it tight.  The team is worse now, but still more than capable to 10th-8th with decent football if Pardew had any adaptability at all.  That's the bare minimum of how I expect him to be doing considering we don't do anything in cups.  I don't expect fifth, but I don't expect bottom of the league either.  I don't expect to get beat 3-0 or 4-0 every other week.  I don't expect us to concede twice as many goals as we score.  I don't expect us to continue to play long ball when we sub on a small fast striker instead of a big man.  I don't expect us to keep taking the same corner that took 102 games to generate a goal.  I also don't expect our defenders to be so lackluster they switch off and pass the opposition through on goal in the first minute, like what happened at the weekend.  Those are all the things I don't expect.  I do expect a cohesive unit, I do expect an organisation and focus that makes the players look interested in the game they're playing.  I expect intensity. I expect being able to hit the guy in your own shirt from more than five yards away, not only in your own half, but in the final third as well.  I expect skillful players to get a chance to do what they do well and the right players to be played in the right positions.  I expect wingers on the wing instead of fast strikers and central midfielders.  That's pretty much what  I do and don't expect out of Pardew.  In every single one of these areas Pardew is failing my expectations.

They're not. Alan Pardew said so.

Is losing and conceding a fundamental?

Normal fundamentals that contribute to winning games. Delivery, passing, off the ball movement, motivating etc etc. We're completely devoid of any sort of game plan. The only way it can get worse is if we do actually go down, a certainty if Pardew stays.

Since we finished 5th we've played 101 matches in all competitions. We've won 34, drawn 21 and lost 46. We've scored 111 times and conceded 154; a -43 goal difference. We've gone no further than the third round of the FA Cup and the fourth round of the League Cup.

It's time to let go.

Could understand if he'd won the fucking title. Fifth ffs. Absolute mental cases. Spurs bin their manager off for finishing fifth on an annual basis. Fucking Spurs.

From August 16th

“We have more depth and more quality and when I signed a long contract with Mike and the club we both knew there would be ups and downs for both of us.

“It was fairly obvious he listened to me at the back end of last year and the support I’ve had in terms of the signing of the new players is exactly what was needed.

“I’ve nothing to moan about now in terms of what’s happened this summer.

“We have a strong squad, perhaps the biggest and best I’ve ever had in terms of options so we’re in a great position.”

Guest northshieldsmag

I said do.you think he has good players and what do.you think he should be saying ?

I think he has better players than our results would suggest, Pardew said that we would be challenging for top 4 before a ball was kicked.  I don't think he should be making excuses before we go into games.  I don't think he should lie openly at every opportunity.  I don't think he should blame the fans for defeats.  I don't think he should blame the fans for the Palace 3rd goal.  I don't think Europe was the reason we were s**** in the league while in the UEFA.  I don't think we should leak so many goals, I do think we should score more.  I don't think wlay front foot football.  I don't think Pardew should be here.  I think they are hampered by a s*** manager.

What do you think?

so what do you think he should say ? He's not happy.with the new players someone else is choosing for him ? Or he's not happy with his best players being sold and not seeing the money ? How is he blaming the fans ? Do you seriously think he is going to blame the players or his boss for the players he's having to try and give us a good team with ?

so what do you think he should say ? He's not happy.with the new players someone else is choosing for him ? Or he's not happy with his best players being sold and not seeing the money ? How is he blaming the fans ? Do you seriously think he is going to blame the players or his boss for the players he's having to try and give us a good team with ?

I think he should say "I'm shit, I resign."  What do you think he should say?

The board has a share of the blame, nobody doubts that.  Pardew himself says this is the best squad he's ever had though (It isn't in my opinion), but it's more than good enough not to be bottom.  Pardew's words also confirm he's backing the board and is spineless.  If he believes the squad is still weak he should have said he needed more and fought for it.  He didn't!  We're not just rock bottom, we've been the worst team in the league for the calendar year as well.  The squad has flaws, as do many squads in the league.  It's still a squad more than capable of a top half finish with a manager who doesn't focus all week on defence and then concede four goals to anyone who attacks it.  We have a squad more than capable of top half and it's a squad capable of not having the players look like they can't be bothered in every single game.  Pardew is simply not motivating them.  Even if you don't blame him, his time here is up.  The players are no longer listening, because he has lost respect and so he no longer has a future.  How can they respect someone who talks about discipline and then head butts an opposition player?  That alone is enough shame to bring on the club and he should have been sacked back then.  Pardew also weakened the squad with his vendetta's by letting players go out on loan.  A good manager communicates, brings people into the fold and gets the best out of them.  See for example how Bobby Robson got the best out of Laurent Robert and Bellamy, but Souness couldn't.  This is the same with Ben Arfa, Pardew took a player being linked with clubs for £20m and turned him essentially into a free transfer.  He's taking talented players and ruining them.  That is not a real manager, it's someone who has made friends with the right people to get to the top instead of doing it on merit.

Guest northshieldsmag

They're not. Alan Pardew said so.

He's no Gerald Ratner is he LOL

Guest northshieldsmag

I think he should say "I'm s***, I resign."  What do you think he should say?

I think you should answer what I'm asking you. And don't you think.his boss should not be sitting back letting him take the blame ?