Babayaro

stozo

Well you either accept that the manager doesn't pick shite players because he wants to, or he doesn't think he's shite

either way, booing would not change either situation

Utter tripe. I've just read the Phil Neville thread - and you make similar specious, incoherent arguments there too...

Babayaro can't defend and never has been able to.

Ramage would be my first choice left-back purely on the basis that he can defend, despite not being able to go forward. That doesn't matter when we've got Dyer, Martins, Zoggy, etc all playing well though.

Babayaro's a liability and always has been.

Ramage can't defend at LB, he hasn't got a clue. He's totally shit at LB.

But still better tahn Babayaro.

if - and only if - glenn sticks with nobby as right back, our first priority come january should be a new left back!

but booing our own players make very little sence - it is destructive for the entire team!

Booing was a disgrace, no Newcastle player should ever be booed whilst playing, all it does is gives the other team more confidence and to be honest Babayaro wasn't helped by the equally woeful Charlie. All down the left we were shocking thats why Reading starting throwing everything down that wing. Babayaro looked like he was nowhere near match fit because although he's normally bad he's not that bad normally. He should never have started even with injuries, I'm sure we had a youngster who could have took his place.

It's crystal clear that both babayaro and ramage are not up to the minimum standard we want for our left back position. New left back in Jan is essential.

As said above, charlie didn't help at all and should have been subbed around the 60 minute mark, as he was teargas.

Guest stjamestoon

He is crap, end of...We should try bring in Konchesky or Bridge in January, and sell him off to someone like pompy! :)

Guest Gemmill

There has to be some people posting on here that booed.  Put your hands up and explain why you feel the need to act like bairns at a pantomime booing the nasty villain please.  If you're big enough and ugly enough to do it at the match, don't shy away from admitting to it now.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Well you either accept that the manager doesn't pick shite players because he wants to, or he doesn't think he's shite

either way, booing would not change either situation

Utter tripe. I've just read the Phil Neville thread - and you make similar specious, incoherent arguments there too...

what the fuck is there not to understand in that post?

Guest Saint Andy

who bets he will be the first name on the line up come saturday?

can luque play left back?

can luque play football?

Baba shouldn't be anything other than cover after January.  We'd be so much stronger with decent pacy full backs who can defend.  You get a glimpse of the benefit we'd get with Nobby's playing at right back - not a regular right back but so much better than Carr imo.  Also my impression is that Carr and Baba are injured a lot, so it's not as if they're even dependable, and we can play a settled back 4 with them around.

If Roeder thinks Baba is good enough, he shouldn't be coaching let alone managing, imo. 

Babayaro looked as if he wasn't even trying , particularly in the second half. He looked rusty and the two centre backs were clearly nervous of his defending as both came over to the left side far too early to give additional cover with the result we left huge gaps and the evn got in each others way a couple of times in front of the Gallowgate end.

Certainly the most inept display of defending I have seen for a while and I have seen some deplorable defending this season. Still a great result but the cracks are there to see and no amount of papering over them will disguise the fact that we are one of the worst teams at the moment in the Prem.

Baba shouldn't be anything other than cover after January.  We'd be so much stronger with decent pacy full backs who can defend.  You get a glimpse of the benefit we'd get with Nobby's playing at right back - not a regular right back but so much better than Carr imo.  Also my impression is that Carr and Baba are injured a lot, so it's not as if they're even dependable, and we can play a settled back 4 with them around.

If Roeder thinks Baba is good enough, he shouldn't be coaching let alone managing, imo. 

Nail on head.

Baba's backed over boo-boysDec 7 2006

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Glenn Roeder jumped to the defence of his left-back Celestine Babayaro after Newcastle United's excellent victory over Reading at St James' Park.

The Nigerian international returned to the side for the first time since he injured his groin at Watford a month ago and, not surprisingly, looked a bit ring-rusty.

But it was his miskick in the move which led to Reading going 2-1 ahead in the 42nd minute which led to the former Chelsea man being booed by the home supporters.

And for a spell at the start of the second half, Babayaro had the ignominy of again being targeted by his own fans, before they got behind Roeder's team with what can only be described as magnificent support.

I asked to interview Babayaro and match referee Rob Styles to explain why he had disallowed what looked like a perfectly good Antoine Sibierski goal when Reading were rocking at 2-2.

But neither Babayaro nor Styles appeared, and I was told that Roeder was "dealing with" the situation regarding his left-back.

And sure enough, after the match Roeder said: "Babayaro showed immense courage and bravery to play through that difficult period.

"I was quite surprised at the reaction he was getting when he was on the ball early in the second half.

"But he kept showing for the ball and playing well and it all changed again and our supporters got behind him again."

While Roeder was talking, I was told that Babayaro was sitting in the dressing room with his head in his hands being comforted by assistant manager Nigel Pearson.

I wrote in the Chronicle last night that Babayaro is not popular with the fans and he should ask himself why.

But at least, as Roeder pointed out, the left-back had the bottle to come through that awful 15-minute period at the start of the second half, and for the sake of the club, I can only hope the fans get behind the player. After all, as revealed in the Chronicle last night, Olivier Bernard is struggling to play again this season because of a hip problem similar to that of Shola Ameobi, leaving Babayaro as United's only recognised left-back.

Guest slimbob

Feel a bit sorry for him tbh, can't be nice being booed by your own fans like that, think his reaction after the game shows that he does give a shit, its not his fault hes shite, the fact it was his first game back for a while can't have helped either. Booing would have only worsened the situation.

Guest Kenton Magpie

I'd like to be the first to boooo olvier for being a utter twat who thinks he knows everything there is to know about newcastle united yet he is shite scared to comment on the leadership of our club

Guest Gemmill

I've got very little time for the bloke, but I've got even less for the idiots that boo our own players.  It's funny as well cos you turn around to look at the bloke that's booing, and it'll be some fat 50 year old, all red-nosed and half-alcoholic with his Lord Anthony anorak and his flat cap on, arms folded, booing like a bairn at a Punch and Judy show.  And you just think, you fat ignorant piece of shit.

Or I do anyway.  bluebigrazz.gif

Guest stjamestoon

Booing your own players isnt good, what do you expect back when you are fuckin booing your own players, the people who booed him arent real  supporters, disgusting!

Guest Gemmill

I think he does care, just not the ability anymore. Same with Carr. When ever you see us celebrate a goal, he's one of the first to jump on the goalscorer. And I've made the point before, but what do people want from a pair of full-backs who cost a combined £2.5m?

Sibierski cost nowt tbh so that argument doesn't really work.  I'm not buying the first to celebrate thing either - it means nowt.  Everyone in the ground bar the away fans and team are celebrating man, he gets no recognition for that.