Swansea City 2-2 Newcastle United - 4/10/14 - Post match reaction from page 31

Mike

I just go back to the speech by KK:

“Don’t ever give up on your club, keep supporting it, it’s your club and trust me one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be.“Newcastle United is bigger than anyone. It hurts I know, but just keep going, he is only one man, we are a city, a whole population. Trust me.”

That focuses my mind on the true problem and it the answer is not Pardew despite his shitness.

Do you have or know anyone with a couple of hundred million quid?

Because without it, we can do nothing that will have a serious impact in relation to Ashley.

Don't expect an answer to this because there isn't one. NJM's solution is to persuade 50,000 Newcastle supporters not to turn up en masse.

Not turn up but make sure he still gets the money. That'll learn him.

Always an excuse when it comes to something that would have short term pain for each and every individual.

Keep on going then just like the rest of the sheeple... but don't expect anything to change. Because it wont until he sells up.

You think and empty ground with the advertising behind would be good for him?

As you pay for your empty seat, would you object to Ashley covering it with a SD advert whilst you're not there? I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing it to entire stands, especially with idiotic fans who will pay for season tickets they don't even use. :dontknow:

This looks very much like a search for any excuse.

So Cabella is dog s*** after this many games? Wow

How can he not put in a decent cross? Or a shot with any power?

I refuse to believe that was coached out of him in a couple of months. And Riviere, your views?

These two replacements for Cabaye and Remy. What a joke.

:lol:

Aye, this confirms it. You know nothing about modern football, or the type of player that Cabella is. I'm not saying he's been good, in fact he's been s***. However, his lack of crosses isn't even remotely the problem. Honestly, you should be embarrassed.

In what way? You are now saying you don't score from wide positions?

So answer the other point. Why are his shots as weak as p*ss?

Do you have a couple of hundred million quid I could borrow?

Why are his shots as weak as p*ss?

Well I've not said a single word about Remy Cabella but here you go.

Because he is playing in a side that doesn't practice attacking play due to the manager wanting to only concentrate on defending in training, in a team that just hoofs long balls on the managers instructions, and therefore his confidence is at an all time low.

Look him up on Google / youtube, the lad has a lot of quality but is being very badly managed by Alan Pardew and his confidence is clearly now very, very low.

Time for Pardew to go, we've got some decent players here. The manager is incompetent.

So playing under a crap manager suddenly weakens a player, making him unable to shoot?

I hope he comes good but I have my doubts.

I just go back to the speech by KK:

“Don’t ever give up on your club, keep supporting it, it’s your club and trust me one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be.“Newcastle United is bigger than anyone. It hurts I know, but just keep going, he is only one man, we are a city, a whole population. Trust me.”

That focuses my mind on the true problem and it the answer is not Pardew despite his shitness.

Do you have or know anyone with a couple of hundred million quid?

Because without it, we can do nothing that will have a serious impact in relation to Ashley.

Don't expect an answer to this because there isn't one. NJM's solution is to persuade 50,000 Newcastle supporters not to turn up en masse.

Not turn up but make sure he still gets the money. That'll learn him.

Always an excuse when it comes to something that would have short term pain for each and every individual.

Keep on going then just like the rest of the sheeple... but don't expect anything to change. Because it wont until he sells up.

You think and empty ground with the advertising behind would be good for him?

As you pay for your empty seat, would you object to Ashley covering it with a SD advert whilst you're not there? I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing it to entire stands, especially with idiotic fans who will pay for season tickets they don't even use. :dontknow:

My old next door neighbor buys it.... so its used but I take your point. If he stops going (which I hope he does) then its a goner.

Until then, please get off your high horse, as there are loads on here who have packed theirs in, unconditionally.

Being a midfielder in this side is a true exercise in existential pointlessness.  May as well be there as a surveyor for Pardew, and measure the height of the ball above the pitch

Cabaye didn't seem to have too much of a problem. Just saying. :)

I refuse to believe that was coached out of him in a couple of months. And Riviere, your views?

Aye, this confirms it. You know nothing about modern football, or the type of player that Cabella is. I'm not saying he's been good, in fact he's been s***. However, his lack of crosses isn't even remotely the problem. Honestly, you should be embarrassed.

Because he is playing in a side that doesn't practice attacking play due to the manager wanting to only concentrate on defending in training, in a team that just hoofs long balls on the managers instructions, and therefore his confidence is at an all time low.

Look him up on Google / youtube, the lad has a lot of quality but is being very badly managed by Alan Pardew and his confidence is clearly now very, very low.

Time for Pardew to go, we've got some decent players here. The manager is incompetent.

So playing under a crap manager suddenly weakens a player, making him unable to shoot?

He is low on confidence and not striking the ball with any conviction at times. If I could post a video here I would prove you wrong but I can't as I'd get banned.

Boycotting the games isn't just about not giving him your money, its about damaging the PL brand and his SD brand. Skysports & BT would not want to be showing games at SJP with an empty stadium because they would want to protect the brand they pay a lot of money for.

It is exceptionally common that a player out of form often mishits shots and generally looks to do anything other than shoot, taking far too many touches and losing the ball. The whole team, apart from Cisse, ridiculously, look bereft of confidence, and any form of team gameplan. Shockingly, individual players often look worse if they're in a team where they don't know what they, or their teammates, are supposed to be doing.

Staggering that a player who can't shoot with any power managed to get 14 goals last season.

And Riviere scored how many in French League? You cannot compare the two. It is hit and miss if someone bridges the gap...... same could be said for Luuk de Jong, no?

Staggering that a player who can't shoot with any power managed to get 14 goals last season.

And Riviere scored how many in French League? You cannot compare the two. It is hit and miss if someone bridges the gap...... same could be said for Luuk de Jong, no?

the ability to hit the ball hard is not league dependent.

Boycotting the games isn't just about not giving him your money, its about damaging the PL brand and his SD brand. Skysports & BT would not want to be showing games at SJP with an empty stadium because they would want to protect the brand they pay a lot of money for.

My point exactly.... but so long as you are not part of the Newcastle Online circle jerk you are wasting your breath.

Apparently the ball is lighter in France.

Guest Gino14

I would say our shot conversion for the whole team is 7%.  For Hull (The next worst team) it's 12%.

That tells me there is something fundamentally wrong with the shooting of almost every player on our team.  Perhaps not surprising since it has been admitted by Carver that we spend 4/5 days on the defence and one day on the attack.

We should have all the players doing at least some shooting training every day.  It's clear that it isn't just Cabella and Riviere struggling with shooting when you see that as a team we're failing at it, both before and after those players got here.

Our games draw one of their biggest audiences so they'll show our games no matter what.

Apparently the ball is lighter in France.

as opposed to the  kettlebell that footballers kick around in England.

I seriously doubt it. Purely theoretically, if 50k Geordies suddenly disappeared from the stands at SJP for an entire season how many new subscriptions would they get to their services? Is there any reason for you saying this. There are plenty of stadiums with loads of empty seats, do these clubs get less TV revenue?

My point exactly.... but so long as you are not part of the Newcastle Online circle jerk you are wasting your breath.

Sorry just making sure I got this the first time around. You live in New Jersey and own a season ticket right? So you're paying Mike Ashley money to not attend the matches?

Brilliant. 

Guest Gino14

We have a 7% Shot to goal conversion rate.  The next worst is Hull's at 12%.  That tells me the whole team has an issue with shooting, not just Riviere and Cabella.

It was recently admitted by Carver that we work on the defence 4/5 days with one day to work on the attack.  That perhaps is affecting players who are more used to working on technique and attacking play over defence.

We should with that terrible conversion rate, be doing some form of shooting practice every day.  That or looking into why we're shooting at the wrong time, or from the wrong positions.  Something is fundamentally off with the shooting of the whole team.