Ched Evans - Not Guilty

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hartlepool want him

Should stay well clear.

Have little choice, worth a gamble tbh.

They might take him because of the position they are in but he would generate too much adverse publicity. Be interesting to hear what Jeff Stelling thinks if it is true.

He's done his time so in that respect he deserves a chance, his problem is that he came across like a right bell end. If he believes he was innocent he's entitled not to apologise for the crime but I'm sure he could have found better words and sentiment to have used.

• 2 weeks later...

He's done his time so in that respect he deserves a chance, his problem is that he came across like a right bell end. If he believes he was innocent he's entitled not to apologise for the crime but I'm sure he could have found better words and sentiment to have used.

He hasn't done his time he has only served half of his sentence.

all those who go on their  holidays do not fulfill the alloted time , they all serve less for good behaviour, along with also depending on whether the jails need the space, is he any worse than a drunk driver knowing fine well he's over the top and killing someone in the process, then also being released early.

all those who go on their  holidays do not fulfill the alloted time , they all serve less for good behaviour, along with also depending on whether the jails need the space, is he any worse than a drunk driver knowing fine well he's over the top and killing someone in the process, then also being released early.

If your question was directed at me then no he's no worse. Though the debate is probably in the premeditation of his act. I was merely highlighting he hasn't completed his sentence yet.

If your question was directed at me then no he's no worse. Though the debate is probably in the premeditation of his act. I was merely highlighting he hasn't completed his sentence yet.

no, not aimed at you, just trying to explain to those not sure of the system that everything is not black & white  (excuse the pun)

Guest TruToon94

Hell yes. You get killed you're killed. Raped? Say hello to a lifetime of depression, PTSD, high risk of having contracted an STD, possible infertility, the public stigma, I can go on... Fact is rape is the only act known to man that can't be justified and if it happened to you or your sister/wife/daughter etc I'm sure your opinion would change. Evans shouldn't be anywhere near football.

Say Evans was a plumber, stock trader, green grocer, car salesman etc. Would he not be allowed to practice any of those professions after committing a crime and serving his sentence. He should be allowed back into football but then of course it's up to the individual club to employ him, again their own choice. If a club is willing to give him a 2nd chance they are to be commended in my opinion.

Guest TruToon94

Say Evans was a plumber, stock trader, green grocer, car salesman etc. Would he not be allowed to practice any of those professions after committing a crime and serving his sentence. He should be allowed back into football but then of course it's up to the individual club to employ him, again their own choice. If a club is willing to give him a 2nd chance they are to be commended in my opinion.

Actually he probably wouldn't. This isn't just any crime though it's the most heinous crime I can think of. I don't get how anybody's sticking up for a rapist TBH.

What I don't get is why he didn't just make a statement apologising for getting into such a situation where he was convicted of rape. He didn't have to apologise directly for raping her if he truly believes he didn't, but he could still apologise to her for creating a scenario she later (rightly or wrongly) considered to be rape.

Actually he probably wouldn't. This isn't just any crime though it's the most heinous crime I can think of. I don't get how anybody's sticking up for a rapist TBH.

What's the alternative bud, he pays for a mistake for the rest of his life? When is he allowed back into the fold of society so to speak. He's served his time at her majesty's pleasure so he's square with the house. You get a very short career as a footballer so why shouldn't he be allowed back to work as long as he fulfills the terms of his licence.

Or

Do we shun him, not allowing him gainful employment all down to a stupid drunken mistake?

What I don't get is why he didn't just make a statement apologising for getting into such a situation where he was convicted of rape. He didn't have to apologise directly for raping her if he truly believes he didn't, but he could still apologise to her for creating a scenario she later (rightly or wrongly) considered to be rape.

That's a solid point.