Ched Evans - Not Guilty

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think the fact that people struggle to see where the line is, with regards to what actually constitutes rape, is why Evans and many others have doubts about the whole thing. He probably at the time never considered the possibility that what he was doing was rape, and still stands by this.

I haven't took much attention to this case at all but a friend told me that he was found guilty because she was too drunk to consent. If that is the case then most of the under 30 population would be locked up every weekend.

The victim has had to change identities 5 times since it happened.

Down to dickheads on twitter and that though, not Evans fault really is it? Not like he's doing a Michael Myers and pursuing her or owt.

His website and family haven't helped like.

Yeah I'll concede the point there. Hardly been the classiest of advocates for "justice" it must be said.

That is exactly the problem.

I have seen him interviewed and he still refers to the rape as "my infidelity"

Now, the whole , "maybe he was innocent" thing is an understandable argument, at least from him, but as things stand, right now, Ched Evans is a convicted rapist.

He's also a convicted rapist who not only hasn't expressed any remorse, he continues to act as if what he did is comparable with getting a bit pissed one night and cheating on your girlfriend.

All the "yeah but what if he's not guilty" stuff is totally irrelevant - if we are going to look for mitigating factors here, then they are not going to come from arguments along the line of "maybe he's not guilty".

The most depressing thing about this whole situation now is seeing football clubs who are just looking for any little opportunity to find a way they can employ someone like Evans and get away with it. Sheffield United shat themselves because Jessica Ennis threatened to take her name off the stand, Charlie Webster threatened to resign, those sort of things, but Oldham are clearly thinking they can find a way to make it happen without taking too much flack.

I'd be absolutely fucking mortified if my club acted like that.

I haven't took much attention to this case at all but a friend told me that he was found guilty because she was too drunk to consent. If that is the case then most of the under 30 population would be locked up every weekend.

If that's the case, then when the law changes to reflect that, Ched's in the clear.

I read yesterday that the victim continues to be harassed by Evans' supporters and has had to move and change her identity 5 times.

So he is still indirectly causing problems for his victim by not acknowledging or accepting his guilt.

But what if he's actually not guilty? :lol:

I honestly don't know what's happened here, and neither does anyone who's putting their input in really. We cannot say one one or the other.

She could be an innocent victim being harassed by a genuinely disgusting man and his family, she could believe that's the case but her memory of events could be different to what actually happened, she could have bent the truth in an attempt to make money out of a famous footballer. It's an incredibly fucked up situation and if anything an example of why these cases should be kept secret.

How could she make money out of this ??

If that's the case, then when the law changes to reflect that, Ched's in the clear.

If you are not capable of consenting and someone takes advantage of your condition, it is rape.

If you are not capable of consenting and someone takes advantage of your condition, it is rape.

What is required for consent though? If she was passed out drunk or force was involved then obviously that should constitute rape, but I don't think the law should extend to protecting people who make decisions they regret whilst pissed. It's all very dodgy ground especially when someone is going to serve time and  be labeled as a rapist for the rest of their life, giving the connotations surrounding the term.

He's still a total shit, though. Not a nice man. Fucking around is a bad thing when you're in a relationship. As it hit the news again today I put my head above the parapet when it became a subject of discussion at work, and quickly realised that nobody had any idea what had happened. All they could say was CONVICTED RAPIST. Factually correct. I had to redact some of the details in case there was any swooning, but I summed up the judge's summing up and, to my surprise, the lasses of all (working) ages kinda said "is that it?" I am still sad that at least two family's lives have been destroyed by this. So unnecessary. And I would like to add that the law is a fucking arse, but I expect you know that.

I read yesterday that the victim continues to be harassed by Evans' supporters and has had to move and change her identity 5 times.

So he is still indirectly causing problems for his victim by not acknowledging or accepting his guilt.

I honestly don't know what's happened here, and neither does anyone who's putting their input in really. We cannot say one one or the other.

She could be an innocent victim being harassed by a genuinely disgusting man and his family, she could believe that's the case but her memory of events could be different to what actually happened, she could have bent the truth in an attempt to make money out of a famous footballer. It's an incredibly fucked up situation and if anything an example of why these cases should be kept secret.

Compensation?

If that's not actually a thing in these cases then fair enough.

How can you go into police witness protection 5 times and keep being found out who you are? Either there is very poor organisation in police protection or this lass is blabbing about who she is.

If Evans is or isn't guilty of rape at the end of the day he has served the time handed out to him. I firmly believe in rehabilitation, to me if he's done the time sentenced to him then why should he not be able to go back to work? So he makes more money than others, does that mean everyone who comes out of prison should stick to NMW jobs? Hardly rehabilitation is it?, that's just survival. Some say as a footballer he's a role model, I don't agree with footballers being classed as role models but it doesn't matter what profession you are going to say is a profession full of role models, in all of them your going to find good and bad people.

Compensation?

If that's not actually a thing in these cases then fair enough.

looking back at reports of the conviction and sentencing doesn't appear to be any compensation mentioned and while I'm far from a legal expert it doesn't strike me as the kind of thing done in a rape case-open to correction here though as I'm not that familiar with criminal law and court cases in general. Also clearly not a sell story to red tops from her with the multiple changes to identity, whomevers been harrasing her really needs to stop and think even for the guy they're "defending" pov its not helping him its hurting him, though expecting logic, rational thinking or well thinking at all from internet trolls may be asking too much.

How can you go into police witness protection 5 times and keep being found out who you are? Either there is very poor organisation in police protection or this lass is blabbing about who she is.

If Evans is or isn't guilty of rape at the end of the day he has served the time handed out to him. I firmly believe in rehabilitation, to me if he's done the time sentenced to him then why should he not be able to go back to work? So he makes more money than others, does that mean everyone who comes out of prison should stick to NMW jobs? Hardly rehabilitation is it?, that's just survival. Some say as a footballer he's a role model, I don't agree with footballers being classed as role models but it doesn't matter what profession you are going to say is a profession full of role models, in all of them your going to find good and bad people.

well if we're going to get technical he's not served his time, he's out on probation and is on it for another 30 months.

well if we're going to get technical he's not served his time, he's out on probation and is on it for another 30 months.

Still served time inside required, isn't prohibition all about the final part of rehabilitation?

Still served time inside required, isn't prohibition all about the final part of rehabilitation?

far as I know its basically make one wrong move your back in prison for the rest of the old sentence and whatever new one you get on top of it. Can't profess to know much more beyond that